European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

How long do the runs last after quitting opiates

3dmusic

Bluelighter
I don't know if I had a habit as the benzos I am on hide most of the cluck.
I quit 11 days ago and still have the runs.
Could the runs be due to something else?
Thanks

In my experience they typically last 7-10 days, but it depends on what kind of habit you had, what your diet is like, etc.

Loperamide would solve this.

In my experience they typically last 7-10 days, but it depends on what kind of habit you had, what your diet is like, etc.

Loperamide would solve this.
I been using lope, diarrhoea as bad as ever. I didn't have a big habit, 210mg dihydrocodeine last use, once a week, upto now where I went 11 days without.
Not even sure I had a habit, I used two days in a row in December/Jan together with promethazine as it keeps the little buggers in the body longer.

Last edited:
I been using lope, diarrhoea as bad as ever. I didn't have a big habit, 210mg dihydrocodeine last use, once a week, upto now where I went 11 days without.
even with lope? hmm that's a bit odd

I hope you're staying hydrated, you might want to get that checked out if it doesn't get better.

even with lope? hmm that's a bit odd

I hope you're staying hydrated, you might want to get that checked out if it doesn't get better.
Yeah, I had samples and bloods, they wanna do a colonoscopy, I think it's stress over a breakup, don't fancy a camera up my poo-pipe because of a bloke.

11 days could still be the rattle, but it should be improving from the first 5 days. If it's not better in another week I would talk to your doctor again.

How much lope you on?

Yeah, I had samples and bloods, they wanna do a colonoscopy, I think it's stress over a breakup, don't fancy a camera up my poo-pipe because of a bloke.

Remember, if you enjoy it, it doesnt mean you are gay.

@3dmusic are you still sporadically using dhc? Cause if you want to get the withdrawal completely over with you need to stop all opiates, including lope, for at least 3 weeks IMO; the longer the better.

By having a week off, or 10-11 days, you might be getting over the worst then using once and resetting the whole cycle. Its tough to break it, but if you think you can go back to using once a week you need to have a longer period of abstinence.

That's one theory anyway. I would maybe get that rectum checked out, especially if you've only been using once a week for a long time. You'd have to have been using daily or most days at some point to get addicted in the first place.

whoa, i'm guessing you're not using heroin, i'm quite experienced in heroin withdrawal and never had runs last that long. but longer acting opiates have longer withdrawal periods. good luck. kep yourself hydrated with something containing electrolytes.

Started low dose daily Kratom 11 days ago, with around 4-5 doses spread over the day, but up until today no withdrawal. Only a little psychological craving for the next dose.

Edit: one more like for a post of mine and I have exactly 50% reaction score here at bl. 1141 atm.

@3dmusic are you still sporadically using dhc? Cause if you want to get the withdrawal completely over with you need to stop all opiates, including lope, for at least 3 weeks IMO; the longer the better.

By having a week off, or 10-11 days, you might be getting over the worst then using once and resetting the whole cycle. Its tough to break it, but if you think you can go back to using once a week you need to have a longer period of abstinence.

That's one theory anyway. I would maybe get that rectum checked out, especially if you've only been using once a week for a long time. You'd have to have been using daily or most days at some point to get addicted in the first place.
I used two days on the trot but with promethazine which keeps it in the system longer. Not heroin.

whoa, i'm guessing you're not using heroin, i'm quite experienced in heroin withdrawal and never had runs last that long. but longer acting opiates have longer withdrawal periods. good luck. kep yourself hydrated with something containing electrolytes.
How long did the runs last for you?

Started low dose daily Kratom 11 days ago, with around 4-5 doses spread over the day, but up until today no withdrawal. Only a little psychological craving for the next dose.
how much kratom are you using total per day? just curious

Sounds like something else might be going on if you are taking a sufficient dose of loperamide. Have you been to any indian buffets lately? That lamb vindaloo will get you every time

@3dmusic so you only ever used to use dhc for 2 days in a row, then 5 days/a week off?

Or did you use daily for a long time, then switch to using once a week? If so, you may need a longer break to allow yourself to fully recover.

Are you having other withdrawal symptoms like sweating, aching, insomnia and anxiety?

If you've just got the shits it's more than likely something else. What does your doctor say?