View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How long do I have to wait?

TheMoney

Bluelighter
I just took a good amount of tramadol yesterday early in the afternoon, does that mean I shouldn't take any 1P-LSD today? How long do I need to wait? Till tomorrow? I want to trip tonight but I don't want to get serotonin syndrome

LSD shouldn't interfere with tramadol, as LSD is not a serotonin releasing drug.

Exactly that's why I don't understand posters that refers to LSD as very euphoric.

LSD shouldn't interfere with tramadol, as LSD is not a serotonin releasing drug.

I've read so many reports of people getting SS (serotonin syndrome) from taking LSD later in the same day as tramadol.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-470935.html

here is just one example

I'd advise caution with this. I recently got a pretty nasty case of serotonin syndrome when I took LSD after 100mg of tram (prescribed for pain and rarely used for recreation). Details to be found here (http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=362749&page=20#492). I couldn't feel the tram one bit (other than the pain relief) and had no idea that it could interact so seriously with LSD. I avoid tramadol for 24 hours before and after taking LSD now and have had no problem since.

How does that happen then?

Ok I'm dosing now, 2 days after last tramadol use... I really, REALLY hope I don't get serotonin syndrome from this

Serotonin syndrome is a result of a massive amount of serotonin in the body.
Tramadol is a serotonin reuptake inhibitor which means it causes serotonin to build up in the body. The problems happen when you combine it with serotonin releasing agents (such as MDxx), other serotonin reuptake inhibitors and probably most MAOIs.

In this instance you have absolutely NOTHING to worry about. LSD works as a serotonin (and partial dopamine) agonist. Its effects on monoamine levels are negligible. Combining LSD with tramadol is no more likely to cause serotonin syndrome than Valium with tramadol.