Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How long do I have to wait after the last SSRI dose to take MDMA

VeganPower

Greenlighter
Hello Folks, question is in the title, the anticipation for the MDMA is huge=D
My last dose was today 25 mg Sertralin.

When my other half did this, he waited a minimum of 2weeks before rolling. He was 20mg of citroplam.

Are you asking sensible time to wait or length of time before you are physically able to roll and it not be blocked by the meds?

sorry im not a native english speaker, i bascially want to know when I can roll normal just like without SSRIs.
edit: i dont want to risk a serotonin syndrom and i dont want to roll to be blocked

Last edited:
sorry im not a native english speaker, i bascially want to know when I can roll normal just like without SSRIs.
edit: i dont want to risk a serotonin syndrom and i dont want to roll to be blocked

we don't know. we get lots of different reports here on bluelight. some people roll fine a few days after stopping, for some it takes weeks and others get disappointing experiences even after months with no ssri...

of course the duration for which you took the ssris also plays a role.

of course the duration for which you took the ssris also plays a role.

I was going to mention this. If you're pretty new to SSRIs (weeks-months) then you'll probably be ok to take MDMA a few weeks after cessation of the SSRI. But if you've been taking them for 6months+ or even years then you'll need longer off of them. Perhaps 3months + of no SSRI usage, could be even longer. Some people report never re-experiencing MDMA after using SSRIs for a long time.

i dont want to risk a serotonin syndrom

Do not worry about serotonin syndrome. Despite some scares around the internet, MDMA and SSRIs will not cause the combination. Remember that serotonin syndrome is extremely high amounts of serotonin being released, far higher than MDMA can manage alone. SSRIs will block the serotonin release from MDMA causing the exact opposite of serotonin syndrome, that is less serotonin in the synapse (the bit where you can feel it).

So
i dont want to roll to be blocked
is your primary concern here.

Alright, thanks guys, im since mid of August on SSRI, so I guess in about 2 weeks I can roll

Since you've been on them so short, you can probably give it a go in 2-4 weeks. If the effects are blocked, then wait another 3 months before you try again.

My friend has been on them for almost 2 years, and she plans to wait at least 4 months before she tries. If that turnes out to be too soon, she'll probably wait another 3-6 months (depending on whether the effects was blocked, or just lowered).

Many common anti-depressants (including sertraline) leave your system fairly quickly (within a few days.) Prozac is the big exception, being very slowly eliminated.

However, your brain will have changed in subtle ways from the medication, including having increased tolerance to serotonin. It's this tolerance that's more likely to be an issue in getting MDMA to 'work' normally for you. Generally I would expect tolerance to be fully reversed in around one to three months, although a week or two may be enough to give satisfactory results.

I take SSRI s - Do not stop taking your medication as it will mentally f**k you up with with severe bouts of depression, agitation , anxiety, suicide thoughts - Since you are taking this medication I am assuming you already have a few if not all of these issues just imagine this times 20.

It is not something you bounce back from quickly - Trust me i accidentally forgot to take my medication for 3-4 days and i paid for it and so did my girlfriend, these were not happy times for anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I stop taking the SSRI because its not working and right now im doing wonderfull
Quick of topic question, is 3-mmc, mophedrone dangerous or okay for one time consumption and is there a crosstolerance for the tolerance of mdma?

I don't know how serotonergic 3-MMC is but mephedrone definitely loses a lot of its sparkle when you're on SSRIs.

In my experience, it takes about 2-3 weeks for the transporters to start functioning properly again after cessation of an SSRI

Would it be harmfully to take MDMA today or just a lesser efffect? i stopped of sertralin 25 mg on saturday and i eve forgot it a few days before? Dangerious to health or just not reaally much effect?

Don't think theres a set time since there are many factors - the effects of ADs can be long lasting - I thought the period needed was more like a good month

Im on it, so far not so much but it could change soon, anyways its an interesting thing i had to experience myself

Im on it, so far not so much but it could change soon, anyways its an interesting thing i had to experience myself

Get off the forum and have some fun then! Moping around in here with us boring sober posts is not gunna facilitate your fun. Get some slamming tunes on and have a good one!

Had an awesome day no real euphory but i wanted to talk all the time and was prettyt happy
the oner had the full mdma experience

Soo I had an awesome day with friends, one guy with a great mdma high, it took some time but i was very active and positive minded(depression and anxiety problems) an i had too talk all the time which was really much fun i even convinced my mom how high the psychotherapeutic effect of mdma is. I basically am best friends now with the other mdma guy. No Euphory at all though but worth the awesome mdma experience and the entaktogen part and empathic effect.
Edit. Lel seeing my other post when i was stoned pretty hard