• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How long do fentanyl patches work when worn buccal?

Campia

Greenlighter
When I started using them as fentanyl virgin I put a patch with a total of 23mg (not mcg, the patch was supposed to last 72 hours and dose those 23mgs). I fell asleep and woke up with the pieces still in my mouth. I removed them and tried again the next day, but the patches felt thinner and had no effect.

I tried extracting them following the guide on this forum, and used that, but still nothing.

How quickly do they deplete after putting them in yous mouth? When worn on skin for 72 there's still 60% left, but nothing from cheeking?

Here's some information on Fent but you have to realize that you're playing with fire when dealing with this stuff. It is highly recommended cutting up your patch into much smaller pieces, but if you take another with what's already leaching into your arm/ gums, the next piece could put you over the line quite easily. Try to have someone with you at least to get help if it's needed. Waiting for everything to clear your system before trying again is second best to forgetting the whole thing. Remember the buzz is not all that euphoric like traditional opiates either, chasing the high can kill you as well. Please stay safe and proceed SLOWLY. Passing out with active pieces in your mouth is a rare feat that few return to tell about, I hope you grasp this. 23mg sounds incorrect so please don't aim for such lethal quantities in future attempts.

Both the plasma fentanyl concentration and bioavailability of fentanyl will vary depending on the fraction of the dose absorbed through the oral mucosa and the fraction swallowed. Approximately 25% of the total dose is rapidly absorbed from the buccal mucosa and becomes systemically available. The remaining 75% is swallowed, is slowly absorbed from the stomach, and then undergoes first-pass metabolism in the liver, with a bioavailability of 33%. Thus, the overall observed bioavailability of transmucosal fentanyl is approximately 50% of the total dose

https://bluelight.org/vb/threads/491267-Fentanyl-Megathread-and-FAQ/