• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long can you take morphine after using oxy

Toreadores

Greenlighter
So I have relatively high opioid tolerance. I take 100-120mg pure oxycodone a day or 150mg morphine ER(chewing). Never mixed them in the same day. I am supposed to drive for a road trip in about 5 hours (I took my oxy 1h ago) and morphine is better suited for driving than oxy for me. Will 6-7 hours apart be safe to take morphine (100mg ER) or should I stick with the oxy untill I go to sleep (which won't be in the next 12-15 hours). I have to take one or another, otherwise withdraw during driving will be even worse and more dangerous for me. Just for info, morphine doesn't mess me, makes me tired or sleepy at night like the oxy, that's why I prefer to use morphine but if it's not safe then I'll stick with oxy.

I can't think of any reason why you couldn't take the morphine instead, assuming you would normally take another dose of oxy at that time anyway.

This is one of those scenarios where your going to have to use your best judgement and personal experience as everyone is affected a little differently by Rx opioids. For example I get wired on Oxy and mellow on MS.