• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How long can I take serequel without bad anxious withdrawal

jjacobsen

Bluelighter
I ask because I took ambien for 2 weeks after stopping Kratom and when I stopped I had panic attacks 4 out of 5 nights. had to take Xanax. Finally stopped with the attacks and Xanax, but needed 50mg serequel. I still feel anxious often (I think I?ve developed a general long term anxiety), but I?m worried stopping serequel might do the same thing? I?ve been on it a week. Each night I try to sleep without for 2 hours and no go.

I tried 50 mg trazodone and that didn?t work. Only waited 30-45 min. Does it take longer or so I need twice as much? So frustrating. thanks for Reading.

I took seroquil to get off gabapentin and Xanax.
Took 100-200 mgs (usually 125-150) pretty much every night for many many weeks/months and when I quit I really didn?t notice any withdrawals or insomnia even. Weed helped sleep, as well as a quick taper before I stopped the seroquil altogether. Dropped from 150 down to 50-75 for 3 days and then quit completely, felt relatively fine, can?t remember any negative feelings at all.

Good luck

Unlike kratom (an opioid), xanax (a benzodiazepine) or ambien (a substance that mimics the effects of benzodiazepines), seroquel is an antipsychotic, and as such non-recreational and non-addictive.
However, abruptly quitting the drug can cause rebound symptoms, so it would be advisable to taper off of it if you experience severe insomnia when discontinuing it.

The problem with replacing ambien with xanax was that they hit the same receptors, so you may have built up a mild case of benzodiazepine dependence, and it may take a few weeks for your GABA receptors to return to normal.

Wow very helpful thank you guys. Nothing so helpful for anxious people as information to supplant our paranoid fears!

Does anyone know what I can take (and how much of it) to rebuild GABA receptors faster? Also will Gabapentin just prolong this problem (ie hit the same receptors as Xanax and ambien?)
Thanks again!