• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How long can i take DiHydrocodeine without getting bad withdrawal symptoms

nagoshua

Bluelighter
I left a post a few days ago about using DiHydrocodiene to help me through the anxiety related with alcohol withdrawal. It did. And thank you bluelight for your help.

Now I have just put my back out (atleast i cant get out for a drink for a couple of weeks!)

These are the only pain killers I have in the house strong enough to help the pain. Yesterday I took four 120mg doses over the day, evenly spaced out. Even then i was still in a lot of pain - but it was bearable.

I have had back trouble for a while, I cricked it about a year a go and every now and again it goes again. I know from previous experiences that this will last anything from 1-2 weeks. I understand everyone is different but will taking that amount for say a week until the pain dies down give me any severe withdrawal? I can deal with the sweats and feeling a little anxious. I cant deal with throwing up and craving the drug.

I have just been through an alcohol detox and do not fancy having another rough withdrawal. Now i dont particularly enjoy opiates so there isnt much chance for a mental addiction - I am just worried about developing a physical dependency as these doses do feel rather strong. I feel pretty high basically from the doses i have been tsking. But it's all i can do to get a break from the pain - if you've had a similar injury youll understand.

Thanks again bluelight.

Btw... before you say see a doctor his conclusion was to use cocodamol (500mg paracaetamol and 8mg codeine) I tried this - basically Ill OD on paracetamol if i took anywhere near enough to help with this pain.

Wicked... i can put up with feeling a bit rough. Im gonna take it over the weekend then get back to the doctors.

I shouldnt be in so much pain that i am self medicating. Takes the piss really.

Well, ive only been taking the doses for 2 days, im gonna taper them off, I have enough tablets. I have no previous opiate use or abuse so I'm hoping I'll be fine. Ill tell the doctor exactly what ive been taking and why and that it's because they wouldn't help. If i have withdrawal symptoms then he can deal with it. I'm seriously sick of going to find meds/drugs on the streets.

And i looked everywhere for valium through my alcohol withdrawal because i couldnt get into a detox program. I was desperate then and looked literally everywhere i could think of.

My mother has tramadol if needs be which is on the list of NMDA antagonists.

Used to do far too much K and I'm not going near recreational drugs (hopefully) ever again.

Now only problem is noticing when my mind wants it for pain and when it wants it to get high. Im seriously sick of addiction and drug use, i shouldnt have to be dealing with this at 22. I want my life back. Im not letting back pain do the reverse.

Take Valium for 4 days, so you get over the hump, because by day 5 you will be over the worst of the WD.

This is your first ever opiate WD, so it will not be difficult what so ever.

You will cruise through this, the most important thing is to stay POSITIVE, I cannot tell you how important that is. Try and ignore the sickness as much as possible, dont concentrate on how crap you feel, you will only make it worse.... you havent been on opiates for long, so you be fine, you brain chemistry will not have been altered in any serious way.

Getting off opiates can be the easy part, its STAYING clean which is the hard bit as you have no doubt faced with booze.

GOOD LUCK

There is the option of tapering off the DHC, maybe moving onto Codeine tablets then tapering down. As others have mentioned, short term use use of Valium. Higher than normal doses of Loperamide (Immodium) will help, then tapering off them.

So you disagree with tapering with opiates? Uhm I have done Subutex tapering and TRUST me the times I forgot my dose were fucking AWFUL, but when I jump from 0.4mg to nothing it was bad, but VERY bearable....

unlike being on 16mg of subutex and sleeping in till 4pm cus you just did a huge bender on benzos and booze, and having the horrible look at the clock and realising the pharmacy has closed, but you cant do heroin, because you have a piss test in a days time.

The first addiction stint usually takes 3 - 7 days daily use ime. Wd will feel like a comedown/hangover. Multiple addictions reduce this and intensify/prolong the ride.

pontifex, part of the problem with opium is that there is so much more going on than just morphine/ codeine's effects. There's quite a few poppy users around here that will comment about how crazy the withdrawal is compared to other opiates. I get what you're saying; I just don't think it's a good comparison to other opiates with which tapering works pretty well.

I have been addicted to dyhdrocodiene for 5 years . Every day I buy 4 boxes and perform a cold water extraction to get 1000mg drink . I then washed this mix with chloroform 3 times and then filtered and mixed the solution with pyridine hydrochloride, I then added sodium hydroxide until the litmus paper strip was bright purple. I the evaporated this solution until it was a powder form. The end result was pure morphine salt . I mixed this with water and drank as the stand alone cwe of the dyhdrocodiene no longer worked on me. I finally went to my doctor for help and told him everything and he out put me in touch with addiction
. They would not help me and basically turned me away because they did not understand the process I was doing and could not administer me subutex because the did not know the amount of morphine I was making. I felt so let down by this and felt so alone, but I decided then to do it by myself so I administered 500mg a day for myself cold water extraction only for the past 2 weeks and I feel so much better it wasn't easy but I made sure I had help with other medicines like lopromide , the point I am making is everyone has the ability to stop what you are doing you just need to find the snapping point to do it, understand you are at war with a demon who is much stronger than you and the demon is addiction , you must get rid of all doubt before attempting to fight the demon , I am going on to 250mm on Monday and I am actually excited, my method really works ( a lot of hard work needed but it does work) I will keep posting if anyone is interested ?