Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How long can aMT freebase be stored?

Chatative

Bluelight Crew
Hi guys,

It looks like the UK government will be expanding our legislation to catch the tryptamines that aren't covered sometime this year I guess. :(

So, how long can aMT (alpha-Methyltryptamine) freebase be stored without losing too much potency?

Cheers.

Quite awhile from my understanding as long as you keep it dry and ice cold.
It's one of the more sturdy tryptamines if you keep them it in the freezer.

Heat, even room temperature i've seen AMT degrade rapidly.

I realise it's the freebase form that's being discussed here, but as a quick sideline: I'm no chemist - is the same true of the salt?

The salt should be more stable.
Ive had freebase stored at room temp for 2 years without noticeable degradation. I would recommend storing in the freezer, however, preferably in vacuum.

^ Mines been in a baggy in a cash tin in my room for about 2 years. I've noticed no drop in potency, and I don't dose enough to create any tolerance.

I have freebase.

If it's kept in a sealed glass/HDPE/PTFE container out of extreme heat and light and it's of reasonably high purity in the first place, it would be reasonably expected to last pretty much forever. Especially if it's a salt.

I would imagine the free base will slowly diffuse through plastic, so storing it in a baggy alone is probably unwise for long term storage, or in hot conditions.

i remember hearing that storing the freebase for a while makes it smell really funky. i wouldnt really know, i have never had it, wish i did though!

^ Mine has very little odour, but I have heard that too. That being said I wouldn't put my nose too close too it - wouldn't want to accidentally inhale any :p

I've always thought about getting one of those amber vials to store it in, never got around to it though. Slightly concerned it may result in some wastage as the aMT is quite "clumpy".