• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How Long Between Taking Diazepam & Dihydrocodeine?

spicybricks

Greenlighter
Hey everyone,

This is my first post so sorry if it’s in the wrong category or I’m doing something wrong. If so, please correct me.

I’ve been taking DHC or codeine (depending on what’s available to me at the time) on a daily basis for the last 3 years or so as most of the time it makes my social anxiety and panic attacks much more tolerable. I do take it recreationally sometimes too to relax at night. I’m presently taking around 500-600mg daily.

Never had any desire to move to anything stronger than DHC and have no intention to do so.

I also take diazepam semi-frequently, usually every few days, sometimes 10mg, sometimes up to 80mg, usually for the sudden panic attacks, but also sometimes just recreationally to relax, especially if I’ve taken Modafinil on that particular day (which helps me focus but kills the DHC effects personally and makes me jumpy as hell).

But my main question is:

How long of a time period should I leave between dropping some valium and taking DHC?

I’m aware of the CNS depressant effect of mixing the two, and admittedly I have mixed them in the past, during the day, when I know I won’t fall asleep/black out well until the DHC has worn off.

But during the evening, I’ve always been unsure. For instance, if I took 20mg valium during the day, would 8 hours be a sufficient period of time before taking, let’s say 200mg DHC? And if so, would this timeframe be the same if I took a larger dose, say 60mg valium in the day, and 8 hours later dropped 300mg DHC?

I know the half-life for diazepam is significant, but surely the active effects on respiratory rate wouldn’t remain for the entire duration that it’s present in your blood, right?

Anyways, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read through my post.

Last edited:
@spicybricks they are safe to take together by the sounds of your tolerance levels just be mega aware of them potentiating each other so use less of each of them if you are mixing!
You know the old saying you can always take more if it's not enough, you can never take less if it's too much.

I'm not sure about how long the effects on respiratory rate last, hopefully someone here does.

@spicybricks they are safe to take together by the sounds of your tolerance levels just be mega aware of them potentiating each other so use less of each of them if you are mixing!
You know the old saying you can always take more if it's not enough, you can never take less if it's too much.

I'm not sure about how long the effects on respiratory rate last, hopefully someone here does.
Thanks for replying so soon, it’s good to know there’s such an active community here :’) but yeah I’d say I have a high tolerance to the both of them, though whenever I’ve been stuck on the codeine for a while and finally get some DHC, it always hits hard again for a while :rofl: I’m always very cautious when mixing benzos with anything else tbh, tend to start low and build my way up dosage-wise if I definitely know I’m gonna be taking other CNS depressants, always been a paranoia of mine :laughing: just figured I’d ask around here about the respiratory duration as I honestly can’t find anything definitive, even reading through clinical studies and research, but maybe I’m just not searching in the right places ¯\_(ツ)_/¯