• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe How long before the effects of a transtec 356?g/h wears off?

26astr00

Greenlighter
I'm a 23 yo skinny (62 kg for 186 cm) male with no opioid tolerance.

I've been depressed and sleeping poorly for the past two months following a break-up. I've tried more or less everything: exercicing, eating healthier, stop drinking caffeine after midday, limit my alcohol consumption to two light beers max when going out but nothing helps.

I had a Transtec 35 micrograms/h transdermal patch lying around from a deceased realtive and yesterday before going to bed (23h30) figured why not try it, it mighth help me brighten up my mood a bit.

I had another bad night sleep, woke up around 4 am, got up around 7 am. Initially I felt pretty OK, taking an energy drink with my breakfast to help me get through the day.

It's now 10 am and I've been puking my breakfast out for the last 30 minutes. My pupils are microscpic. I just took off the patch. How long will it take to feel less high?

Thanks in advance and please forgive my pretty comical 'experiment'

If that is buprenorphine and you are opioid naive, it could take 12-48 hrs. You should start to feel better by the 12 hr point, but likely still shitty.

An opioid naive friend once snorted 0.3mg buprenorphine and was sick as a dog for about two days, poor guy.

For someone who is opioid naive, buprenorphine is really dangerous to mess around with. Probably not life threatening, but super uncomfortable unless the dose is in the microgram range.

Hope you start to feel better soon OP. Avoid caffeine and alcohol or other drugs. Cannabis might help with the nausea a bit, but really this will just be like having a stomach flu from Hell for like a day or two.

Please let us know how things are going as they go! <3

Thanks for the answer.

Nausea is still pretty bad but I managed to eat something without puking it out. I haven't smoked pot for three years now so I don't think I'll do that ahah

My only experience with opioids was 20 mg of oxy I took one time. I had no idea buprenorphine would be worse, especially since it's only a partial agonist.

Well, lesson learned I guess... I'll research things before messing with my medecine closet again :p