• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How long before taking MDMA should I stop taking Serteralin?

Sir.otonin

Bluelighter
I am experienced with MDMA, I recently started taking Serteralin 50mg (only been 4 days so stopping won't be a problem).
I am going to a party in 4 days, is it enough to prevent Serotonin syndrom if I stop from today?

While serotonin syndrome is unlikely, even on the SSRI, my understanding (which isn't great, I'm just giving what advice I can and hope someone who knows more chimes in), is that you're only just adjusting to a drug that prevents serotonin levels from dropping, then discontinuing it abruptly in favour of a drug that causes serotonin levels to rise.

Without knowing what rebound or returning symptoms you might get, if any, from stopping sertraline at such an early stage and without knowing why you started taking it, it's just a guessing game of how it might go or what side-effects/after-effects you might experience.

I would suggest either giving the sertaline time to work and skipping the MDMA or speaking with your doctor about discontinuing.

I have been around people who just stopped taking their antidepressants suddenly and it's always been upsetting, sometimes a bit frightening to be around IME. Granted, they'd been taking them longer than four days, but it's not really advisable to just stop and start.

I am experienced with MDMA, I recently started taking Serteralin 50mg (only been 4 days so stopping won't be a problem).
I am going to a party in 4 days, is it enough to prevent Serotonin syndrom if I stop from today?
You probably haven't hit steady state yet, but once you do, you're going to have to have a washout period of about 2 weeks before you're going to be 100% getting the best roll you can.
While it is possible to get serotonin syndrome from co-administration of antidepressants and serotonergic drugs, the most common thing that happens when people take ecstasy and are on antidepressants is they don't roll at all.

You're more likely to get serotonin syndrome from taking two antidepressants and tramadol at the same time for a while, then you are from one ecstasy pill and seetraline.