• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

how long before drugs made you go broke?

I got tired of being depressed and started daily weed, that got me in years debt when I took instant loans. Should have learned how to take care of my economics first.

I carried on doing work on benzos after I had resolved debts. People were assholes so I quit, got no more shifts from other job, benzos were like 3-4x the price compared to when I started because some party had achieved monopoly and ruined markets or something. And obviously I had to still keep on doing em while having no income for that, so I was about to lose the rent flat but my parents saved the situation by one grand.

Almost immediately. I was already pawning my possessions when I was like 14. I've never really been financially secure since... but then again, the majority of Americans aren't.

I have two times. In my earl y twenties, I worked but spent every extra penny (and sometimes more) went to X and coke. And then in my late thirties, every dollar I could get from my check and not have my husband notice went to whatever opiate pills I could find. Now, just turned forty and all I spend on is red wine and my suboxone script and have money left over to buy more shoes and clothes now!
I think my life is going to parallel you. what made you stop taking oxy and go to subs, I have the subs but I just cant get myself to take the 24 hours off of it to get on subs cause I know once you take the sub your fucked from anything that isn't a super strong opiate that can break that.

Almost immediately. I was already pawning my possessions when I was like 14. I've never really been financially secure since... but then again, the majority of Americans aren't.
yea I can identify with that. I hate to say it but when I was a kid I was a nasty son of a bitch and would do anything to get high. I was WAY worse then I am now even though my addiction is 10 times stronger I won't do what I would as a kid now, id just go into WD. I was one of the stupid kids that tried hard drugs real early and wish I didn't but at least now I know more then most and have some how stayed alive and continued with my life while others had OD's... god rest there soul. Fent

yea I can identify with that. I hate to say it but when I was a kid I was a nasty son of a bitch and would do anything to get high. I was WAY worse then I am now even though my addiction is 10 times stronger I won't do what I would as a kid now, id just go into WD. I was one of the stupid kids that tried hard drugs real early and wish I didn't but at least now I know more then most and have some how stayed alive and continued with my life while others had OD's... god rest there soul. Fent
Same. Started heroin at 14 and was a real felonious piece of shit up until about 22. Would do anything or hurt anyone to get high. Then I got off the drugs right when fentanyl started showing up, and my friends started dying soon after.

I see it as a curse and a blessing, because I think I got it "out of my system" earlier than most and matured.

These days I would never hurt anyone to get high, I've grown a lot in that way.

Depends on what drug and how much money you have, or earn, how functional you are etc.

Alcohol took maybe 4 or 5 months for me to go broke, but I'd never worked [anorexia, severe depression] and I was drinking 6 bottles of wine a day which is more expensive than you'd think and obviously I was nowhere close to functional enough to work. Even shoplifting alcohol several times a week, I was spending all my disability on alcohol and still had to steal it a lot...my parents would keep alcohol at their home (and locked away) for me for emergencies 'cause alcohol withdrawal can kill you.

Same. Started heroin at 14 and was a real felonious piece of shit up until about 22. Would do anything or hurt anyone to get high. Then I got off the drugs right when fentanyl started showing up, and my friends started dying soon after.

I see it as a curse and a blessing, because I think I got it "out of my system" earlier than most and matured.

These days I would never hurt anyone to get high, I've grown a lot in that way.
Something real serious happened to me and thats when I changed. I wanted to help people and spend the rest of my life doing so, rather then causing destruction everywhere I went. I guess its growing up that caused it or wanting to have a roof over my head and not have to worry if I can afford 2-3 things off the dollar menu and still have enough money to buy the pill or whatever it is that you know u shouldn't be spending your money on