• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos how long after takeing gabapentin should i take my lorazepam?

You won't waste any if you take it with the gabapentin as they'll synergise. But if you're worried about the synergistic effect wait 5 half lifes so the gabapentin is out of your system

Taking them two together won't affect potency as far as I'm aware (I'm not a doctor or pharmacist).

In fact, I /think/ they'll potentiate each other. So, depending on your aims.. recreational or medicinal... That could be a good thing!

Taking them two together won't affect potency as far as I'm aware (I'm not a doctor or pharmacist).

In fact, I /think/ they'll potentiate each other. So, depending on your aims.. recreational or medicinal... That could be a good thing!
medicinal i just was curious cause ive read when you take gabapentin recreational you need to stagger your doses or its a waste. was told by doc to take 300 mgs 4 times a day and lorazepam 1.5 4 times a day he never has said they needed to be spaced out. so i thought i would ask,thanks for the responses.

For medicinal use of your gabapentin, take it as prescribed. If the prescribed dosage is less than effective for pain relief (NOT getting high ;-) ) then bring it up with your practitioner. It's unlikely that you will be prescribed a dose that hits the effective ceiling of gabapentin (around 1800mg at a time).

For recreational use, take with a high-fat snack or meal. Some say that combining it with naproxen produces a synergistic effect, but I don't know if that's true. Too many NSAIDS are bad for you in a lot of ways. I /think/ gabapentin is a drug effected by enzymes much like opiates, so ranitidine or white grapefruit juice might increase effects.

Note: these tips can also be used to maximize medicinal dosages. I highly suggest, hope, and recommend that you not drive, operate heavy machinery, or the like if you are not sure of the effects you're producing. Don't endanger yourself or anyone else, please.

That said, some people report sedation with gabapentin, and I'd imagine that lorazepam would increase that. I'm not sure if it would cause respiratory distress or other life-threatening effects, so do be careful.

I don't think that such a low dose of gabapentin will interact too badly if taken alongside your Ativan. You don't need to worry about staggering your doses; you're nowhere near the mg that will result in steadily poorer bioavailability.