• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids How long after suboxone, can I take Dilaudid????

Deicide1212

Bluelighter
I have been taking Suboxone for 11 months. I am down to 2mg (sublingual). How long should I safely wait, to take Hydromorphone?

My dumbass can't seem to wait any longer than 24 hours but don't do this you will just be wasting, I believe rule of thumb is like 3 days. The longer you wait the better it will be.

I have been taking Suboxone for 11 months. I am down to 2mg (sublingual). How long should I safely wait, to take Hydromorphone?
In regards to SAFETY... You could technically dose the hydromorphone Anytime AFTER the Suboxone has taken effect...
BUT YOU AREN'T GOING TO FEEL IT THE WAY YOU WANT.
& It definitely will NOT have the intended effect for at least several days afterward quitting the subs, and you're likely to keep attempting to redose in frustration...
Wasting precious Dillies in the process. <3

If you are concerned about precipitated-WDs, these occur WHEN YOU TAKE SUBS (or any naloxone) AFTER AN Opioid (such as hydromorphone.).
NOT when dosing an opioid after subs.

If you are asking when you can get a proper effect from opiates again- or when you can get high again, it varies greatly on how long you've been on subs, what your maintenance dose was (and thus, your tolerance;) how gradually you've tapered; etc. I'm afraid I don't have an exact answer for you, but generally, as the blue lighter above me said, 3days would be fine... (I also have not had the perseverance to wait longer than 3days... To get a FULL effect after 11months of subs, and jumping off at 2mgs, Could be more like 5days, maybe more??

Just wait until you are feeling FULL WDs from the Subs.
After 11months on a maintenance dose, be aware that DESPITE a proper taper ...even jumping from 2mgs, WDs are likely to get pretty damn unpleasant.

Just wait as long as you can,🤷
& please be mindful that once back at baseline, your tolerance may be significantly smaller than it was when you went on subs in the 1st place.
💜

In regards to SAFETY... You could technically dose the hydromorphone Anytime AFTER the Suboxone has taken effect...
BUT YOU AREN'T GOING TO FEEL IT THE WAY YOU WANT.
& It definitely will NOT have the intended effect for at least several days afterward quitting the subs, and you're likely to keep attempting to redose in frustration...
Wasting precious Dillies in the process. <3

If you are concerned about precipitated-WDs, these occur WHEN YOU TAKE SUBS (or any naloxone) AFTER AN Opioid (such as hydromorphone.).
NOT when dosing an opioid after subs.

If you are asking when you can get a proper effect from opiates again- or when you can get high again, it varies greatly on how long you've been on subs, what your maintenance dose was (and thus, your tolerance;) how gradually you've tapered; etc. I'm afraid I don't have an exact answer for you, but generally, as the blue lighter above me said, 3days would be fine... (I also have not had the perseverance to wait longer than 3days... To get a FULL effect after 11months of subs, and jumping off at 2mgs, Could be more like 5days, maybe more??

Just wait until you are feeling FULL WDs from the Subs.
After 11months on a maintenance dose, be aware that DESPITE a proper taper ...even jumping from 2mgs, WDs are likely to get pretty damn unpleasant.

Just wait as long as you can,🤷
& please be mindful that once back at baseline, your tolerance may be significantly smaller than it was when you went on subs in the 1st place.
💜
Thank you for the thorough reply. It is greatly appreciated. You answered pretty much everything I needed. I am unable to get my suboxone for a couple days. I only have a few dillies I keep on hand. I dont care about the high. I am wondering if the dillies will take away the withdrawals from the suboxone, until I can get it, again.

Last edited: