• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How long after stopping Meth use will I be able to safely take Low-dose DXM

ziggo

Bluelighter
Title says it all pretty much. From the research I did in the past no one wants to combine the two at the same time or close together time wise or serotonin syndrome could result. Now I've heard that but I know 2-3 years ago when I was doing meth, I'm certain I tripped on about 350mg of DXM about 16 hrs after stopping doing more meth, and was fine. I don't think I ever did DXM then when It wore off did some meth.

The reason being is I'm trying to quit meth + suboxone at the same time, because doing meth just makes me want to take more sub than I need. and with low dose DXM it should give me energy and lower the opiate amount I need to take daily.

Now I dunno about doing 350mg the next day but will 80mg every 4hrs work fine I'm wondering. I just know that dxm is a re uptake-inhibitor of something that meth releases(dopamine or serotonin) can't recall. So it should help my brain chemicals get towards normal lvls faster, correct?

I'm not a doctor but though meth is more potent serotonin-wise than amphetamine, I'd imagine it rarely induces serotonin syndrome as much as MDMA does.

It will indeed be hard to quit both of those at the same time. I'd recommend that you take the medication you're prescribed. Assuming you're prescribed suboxone, there's no reason why you have to get off it immediately, is there?

I would suggest against self-medicating though. That's how we got into this whole thing, eh?

No. The only way your body can return to a harmony is by using only whatever medications(s) are prescribed to you. Using DXM may seem like a fix, but you'll have that monkey on your back for as long as you use it. 80mg itself isn't that low of a dose, but using that much every fours hours...I wouldn't be surprised if after a while that would create its own problems for you neurologically speaking.

If you want to get your brain back to healthy:
1. Exercise
2. Eat well
3. Take only what you're prescribed
4. Meditate/do breathing techniques when you have cravings
5. Engage in intensive talk-therapy
6. Get a hobby which doesn't involve drug use/users