• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long after od is safe to use heroin again

Higherfocus420

Bluelighter
Last night I od on heroin and.vodka its been over 12 hours but my pupils are still small how will I lnow if its safe

Bro... Take the day off.

Yea man, I have to agree with snafu here. I think it's probably a good time to pump the breaks a little bit. I would at the very least allow yourself to experience a little bit of discomfort prior to using any more Opiates. As you've said, your pupils are still small. Think about how you're feeling overall and use the dilation of your pupils as another benchmark.

We definitely can't give you a timeline. That would be really irresponsible. You're clearly walking a very fine line here man and I would be devastated to have a member of my extended family pass away from an overdose. The best advice I can give you is to not use any more Opiate/Opioid drugs until you actually need to. Don't use anymore just because you want to get high. Collect yourself, wait until you experience a little bit of early withdrawal and then attempt to use a more appropriate dose. I'm sure you're aware, but by using Alcohol concurrently with your Opioids, you greatly increase the risk of overdose and death. I really would love for you to try to control the drinking.

Not only is the drinking gonna contribute objectively to respiratory depression, but the psychological effects of Alcohol can and often does lead to a person making poor decisions that they otherwise would not have done if sober. I can't control my drinking. If I start drinking, 99% of the time I will end up drinking until passed out and completely non-functional. For that reason, every time I think of drinking, I am forced to accept that it will likely end up in catastrophe. It took a while for me to get real and admit I had no control, but now I don't drink and I'm much better for it.

I don't want you to experience unnecessary bullshit as a result of drinking Alcohol. If you need help curtailing or eliminating your use of Alcohol, we are happy to help you with that. Otherwise, please just give yourself some breathing room prior to taking any more sedative substances.

if you've OD'd then the way you use heroin isn't safe, its not a matter of time if you use too much.

i'm not judging, tbh i've OD'd then used again pretty much the second i came round, i didn't care at the time i was gambling with my life but am now glad i survived. many of us have been in your position, what i see now is that the heroin wasn't working for me anymore.

copmletely agree with @Keif' Richards that adding alcohol could compound your problems.