• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How long after MDMA before Vyvanse?

Refreshing

Greenlighter
Rolled this saturday (first bad roll but not important) and now Im wondering if i can resume my normal vyvanse use. Im prescribed and have taken during weekdays for the past few months. I know I'm supposed to give my serotonin receptors time to rebuild will my prescribed dose of vyvanse interfere with this? Everything I've read has said vyvanse doesn't impact serotonin too much but wanted to be sure before I started back up again.

You'll be fine to take it anytime after the MDMA has left your system.

Okay so I may be wrong but, from my understanding of mdma the reason the comedown is alot longer than like speed for example is because not only does mdma deplete your seratonin, but im pretty sure it inhibits tryphtophan hydroxylase for a much longer period after youre no longer high. like 24 hours+ so not only are you out of seratonin, but unless your taking 5htp your body cant turn tryptophan from your food into 5htp and then seratonin.

anyway this relates to your post because the oxidative stress caused by mdma on the synapses in your brain im pretty sure is caused by dopamine being catabolyzed by enzymes which are meant to break apart seratonin. what happens is as the dopamine breaks down it it produces peroxides from those hydroxyl groups. if you take vyvanse youll be increasing the dopamine, and probably the oxidative stress. i would wait atleast 36 hours or take 5htp before starting vyvanse. but im sure it's not going to do you that much harm

as for letting your receptors adjust, i dont think thats very important to worry about. they adjust for a reason. your body will bring them back to normal, maybe slightly slower with vyvanse

Okay so I may be wrong but, from my understanding of mdma the reason the comedown is alot longer than like speed for example is because not only does mdma deplete your seratonin, but im pretty sure it inhibits tryphtophan hydroxylase for a much longer period after youre no longer high. like 24 hours+ so not only are you out of seratonin, but unless your taking 5htp your body cant turn tryptophan from your food into 5htp and then seratonin.

anyway this relates to your post because the oxidative stress caused by mdma on the synapses in your brain im pretty sure is caused by dopamine being catabolyzed by enzymes which are meant to break apart seratonin. what happens is as the dopamine breaks down it it produces peroxides from those hydroxyl groups. if you take vyvanse youll be increasing the dopamine, and probably the oxidative stress. i would wait atleast 36 hours or take 5htp before starting vyvanse. but im sure it's not going to do you that much harm

as for letting your receptors adjust, i dont think thats very important to worry about. they adjust for a reason. your body will bring them back to normal, maybe slightly slower with vyvanse

If MDMA blocks tryptophan hydroxylase you wouldn't be able to synthesise new serotonin even if you took 5-htp supplements! It block the conversion of 5-htp to 5-ht (serotonin)!

As for the oxidative stress you are correct and vyvanse should not be taken together with MDMDA, as in dosing on with vyvanse on the day of the roll or the day after. Amphetamine like MDMA releases serotonin, dopamine and noradrenaline from synapses in the brain, amphetamine's ability to release serotonin is many orders of magnitude below MDMA though and its unlikely that therapeutic doses will have a significant effect on the recovery from an MDMA experience in the weekend.

If MDMA blocks tryptophan hydroxylase you wouldn't be able to synthesise new serotonin even if you took 5-htp supplements! It block the conversion of 5-htp to 5-ht (serotonin)!
Tryptophan hydroxylase turns tryptophan into 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-htp) which is decarboxylated into into 5-hydroxytryptamine ....seratonin (5-ht).

Tryptophan hydroxylase is the rate limiting step in seratonin production. 5-HTP is freely decarboxylated into seratonin in your brain. thats why they sell it as a suppliment because it can affect the seratonin levels in your brain where tryptophan hydroxylase is limited by your brain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tryptophan_hydroxylase

Last edited:

the hypothesis with dopamine causing toxicity has fallen out of favour in the last few years. it now looks like it's the metabolites of mdma itself that cause toxicity in the animal experiments.