• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long after an overdose should you wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siegward

Greenlighter
I've been lurking for a while and have finally decided to make an account. Mostly to ask this question but also to post in other forums. Anyway, being the idiot that siegward is, he overdosed last night. He had an oral solution of morphine (20mg/ml) and seeing as Siegward has a pretty high tolerance he drank about 5mls. Well, 2 hours go by and he's not feeling squat. So he takes another 5mls. An hour later and only the very slightest of buzzes. Only 10mls left and that's obviously not enough to get high off of later, so down the hatch it went. It's been 24 hours now and the vomiting has yet to cease. Though his stomach is indeed empty, his body tries in vain to rid itself of the poison. We are aware that this should have killed him, and we give praise to the drug gods for not taking him away. Anyway, he's pretty upset because after 400mg of morphine he didn't get "high" at all. He's got some oxy but doesn't want to spend another day sleeping in the bathroom (which would probably kill him). So how long should he wait? Last dose was Saturday 6pm

"Being the idiot that Siegward is" and "We are aware that this should have killed him"... why are you talking in the 4th person? :?. Just say "I".
That being said - I'm no expert in this situation in the slightest but I'd say if it's been 24hrs and you're still vomiting and having some OD symptoms I think it would be extremely smart (and a good use of common sense) to not do anything else until the vomiting and other symptoms were gone completely. If you're body is indeed still trying to "rid itself of the poison" - as you put it - then pumping it with more drugs while it;s in the middle of that is probably going to send you to the hospital, or worse.

"Being the idiot that Siegward is" and "We are aware that this should have killed him"... why are you talking in the 4th person? :?. Just say "I".
That being said - I'm no expert in this situation in the slightest but I'd say if it's been 24hrs and you're still vomiting and having some OD symptoms I think it would be extremely smart (and a good use of common sense) to not do anything else until the vomiting and other symptoms were gone completely. If you're body is indeed still trying to "rid itself of the poison" - as you put it - then pumping it with more drugs while it;s in the middle of that is probably going to send you to the hospital, or worse.
"I" am not siegward. I'm asking on someone's behalf. Siegward doesn't have Internet access.

"I" am not siegward. I'm asking on someone's behalf. Siegward doesn't have Internet access.

.... okay. Well either way, I still stick with what I originally put & that "Siegward" should wait for the OD symptoms and vomiting to completely stop before putting anything else in his body.

.... okay. Well either way, I still stick with what I originally put & that "Siegward" should wait for the OD symptoms and vomiting to completely stop before putting anything else in his body.
That went without saying, sir. We want to know how long after should we wait.

Probably till you see a doctor. Its really impossible to differentiate between OD and adverse reaction here. I wont close but get help if vomitting for 24 hours. Dehydration could set in and from there who knows?

That went without saying, sir. We want to know how long after should we wait.

Are you even reading my suggestion? You want to know "how long should we wait until"... Kittycat5 and I had - for all intents and purposes - the same response, to a certain extent. I'm not really sure how else anyone's going to be able to answer your question. That, or you're wording your question in an odd way :? .

After an overdose? I was scared so badly after my first overdose I didn't take shit two months.

Tell "Siegward" he needs to stop this shit before he really does overdose. / closed

Status
Not open for further replies.