• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How long a break until benzos KO me again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiddlyDee

Greenlighter
I've been on and off Zopiclone since... early 2016, I think? Anyway, when I first took a 7.5 mg pill, I was literally out in 20 minutes. Like...anesthesia type KO. But not before I started dreaming while being awake and just feeling super relaxed. Sometimes I take them a every night for a week due to a medical condition I have.

But they now take 40 or so minutes to start working. They still make me hallucinate sometimes (like the other night I was seeing black wispy spectre like things floating about on my ceiling!) but I feel like tolerance is coming on. How long should I come off them until I can get back to ground state again?

I'll also add...some nights, Zopiclone hits me hard and makes me feel drunk. Other times it just has a mild sedating effect similar to amitryptiline, with seemingly no in between. I always take zopiclone on an empty stomach anyway so I'd like to know why this is. Cheers :)

this is a definite sign of tolerance
but before you take a few days off be sure that y0u aren't physically dependent - coking offf of benzos and z-drugs can be very dangerous

taking pills on an empty stomach can be very harmful to your guts too, make sure to have something -even if its small - in your belly when you take them
but perhaps take them every other dayand see how you fare? it may also be prudent to consult the Ashton Manual if you are addicted mate/༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

I wouldn't say I'm addicted per se.. but I do have big anxiety issues (amitryptiline is a sedative, TCA and an anti-anxiety med) and I seem to have way more energy than most people, I can be up for 5 days straight sometimes. My body doesn't want to sleep but my mind does. Like..I'm not sleepy, but I am 'tired' if that makes sense. I've always been like that but it's why my sleeping pattern is so erratic. I can't seem to relax without the use of amitryptiline or zopiclone but with my blood pressure being so low I dare not increase dosage without seeing a doc first.

I know about coming off benzos, so I just took half a 7.5 mg pill about 30 minutes ago. Starting to feel a bit heavy now. I'll see how I do on half pills, since I have another 5 pills left for this month. (I'm only allowed 10 per month. )
I didn't know about the empty stomach thing.. so I'll be sure to avoid that next time!

if you don't mind me asking - how old are you? just as some people experience a large amount of energy in their youth which could be one reason
sounds like you could be over-tired, or fatigued from over-exertion - perhaps you might benefit from practicing sleep-hygeine?
be careful reducing your dose if it feels as tho its physically effecting you
and perhaps a light snack might help? :) V ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

I'm 24, but my body seems to have more energy than my mind. When I sleep I usually sleep 10+ hours since amitryptiline keeps me asleep, zopiclone makes me get to sleep..

Physical tolerance is such a pain in the ass. I can't ever really feel any of the euphoric effects of benzodiazepines anymore. I suppose that's expected when you take them for 10 years. If you hope to reach the same peak as your first sedation, good luck. I suggest maybe taking a break and exercising.

^ yep. its a pretty subjective question depending on all kinds of physiological, environmental and social issues - we can't offer you an exact answer because of that unfortunately, i'd say to relatively certain a few weeks should do it.
i'm gonna close this thread now, best of luck.༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

Status
Not open for further replies.