European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

How is Africa's Drug Scene?

dextromethorphian

Bluelighter
I'm from the US, but I'm always interested in different places drug culture. So far, I've found good info on alot of different places throughout South America, Europe, and Asia.. but barely hear much about Africa. Most I've heard of was a Tramadol epidemic (in whichever part), a Codeine epidemic in Zimbabwe(?), and the infamous Methaqualone in whatever part of South Africa. Now in all honesty, I have no clue how accurate this is currently, along with what other drugs that are used (like Methcathinone), along with drugs that I don't personally believe were anything more than an isolated incident (example: 'Juice of Pampers').

I imagine though that it's somewhat similar to most places, yeah? I've heard of Weed, #3 H, Coke, and Meth being avaliable in parts, so similar in most ways except some local places is my current assumption.

Supposedly you can pretty good cocaine and heroin in Nigeria, as it’s a part of a major drug trafficking corridor from South America to Europe , but that’s just what I’ve read anyway

Don't know about subsaharian Africa, but in the Magreb, the muslim countries of NW, hash is of course everywhere in northen Morroco and easy to find in the best part of the country and also in (northen) urban areas of Tunisia and Argelie. Heroin, cocaine and crack are a thing in big cities close to Europe like Tetuan or Tanger. Benzos aren't otc. There is a local trend among young morrocan dudes that they call Karkubi, it being basically abusing the hell out of benzos, mostly clonazepam, hash and black market alcohol. As you can imagine, they lose it easily. Be careful with that kind of people as many of them are Tcharmile folks, magrebí Maras, dangerous phenomenom that most foreigners aren't aware of and govmt&media hide as much as they can. There is opium to be had, also. Tramadol is big indeed, some times as an element of karkubi.

About Egypt, I have been told that good opium and hash can be obtained, but I have never been there so I can't tell.
Lybia is a total no-go zone right konw, you should not go there, let alone with goodie shopping in mind.

Can vouch for Morocco- spent some time there. Egypt also has very good hash and opium can be had. Kenya has a lot of smack.

I've heard you can obtain a full kg of bendy Blonde Moroccan in Morocco itself for around £150. So around the same price as a single ounce would cost here.

I'd imagine West Africa surely has plenty of cocaine too.

I've heard you can obtain a full kg of bendy Blonde Moroccan in Morocco itself for around £150. So around the same price as a single ounce would cost here.

I'd imagine West Africa surely has plenty of cocaine too.
More like £400

Price dropped since the pandemic. I've seen video footage of Moroccans saying 150 US dollars. Will try find the video again.

I don't know if "blonde Morrocan" means hash, but may be you meant kif, the cannabis made powder and mixed with Taba, a strong tobacoo? That was about 90€/ kg years ago, bit hash is much more expensive. I have seen the cheapest, 3° or 4° extraction (beaten) at around 50 dirham, like 50€ cent, and the most expensive, pure cream going up to 15-18 drh, 1.5- 1.8 € (prizes for small quantities). Talking about 2002-2008.
You will by no means get a kg of hash at 150 £, no way. The cheapest that I have seen kilos of okish hash being sold was about 800 €.
Mind you I lived in the place, learnt some things, had a morrocan girlfriend and all, I was not a local but wasn't a freshly arrived tourist. So no kilos of hash for 150£.
It's true that prizes have gone down after covid, but not so much😅
More like £400
Are you talking nowadays?. Cause 400 £ per kilo is like 0.46€ gram.... I never saw such a prize for any hash worthing that name

Fair Trade Hash & Cannabis: Is It Possible?​

Afghans sieving cannabis indoors
By Sensi Seeds
Updated on 12/24/2020

"Most of the world’s hashish comes from Afghanistan, Morocco and India. The price varies between places, and it is speculated that hash prices are the highest in Morocco. As mentioned, farmers can receive as little as €70 – €180 per kilo in Afghanistan, but as much as €1500 per kilo in Morocco."

If in the last days of 2020 it was like 1500 € for a good and expensive hash (what I said above, 1.5-1.8 €/g), it can't be 10x times cheaper now.

Moroccan hash documentary on amazon prime. That's where i saw the €150 a kg price mentioned.

There's no way it's €1500 for the blonde, because I can buy one from Spain at that price. And I'm pretty sure whoever traffics drugs from Africa to Europe does more than double their money.

For what you are talking about the expensive one is what the dealers here market as "triple filter" etc. And yes those are more expensive. Around €1.80 per gram.

There's no way it's €1500 for the blonde, because I can buy one from Spain at that price
Sure, because you can buy shitty 10g comercial bellotas (eggs) or 100 g packets of 3° dry comercial blonde "polen" consisting of 30% vegetal matter and some non vegetal shit and the rest being third of fourth time beaten flowers. That stuff is produced by the tones, and tones, by exporters, and you can (or could) find it for around 700 € in Morroco,. But if you want good hash you better be ready to pay it for what it worths.
. And it goes without saying that you can forget about getting proper 1° polm at 1500 a kilo in Spain, not even in the South, very specially for a single kilo.

Anyway, 150 £ for a kilo of good hash in Morroco is a massive mistake or a typo in translation, or they are taking people for a ride. You can take my word for that.

And btw, I find 150£ an ounce to be a pretty good prize for the UK, isn't it?, and I am very glad to hear that. Good and cheap hash should figure on the second article of the Human Rights Convention, right behind opium.

The blonde is the commercial Moroccan yes. It's what most people in Europe who smoke hash are on.

I can absolutely assure you it is possible commercial Moroccan for €1.5 a gram from Spain. It is good quality Blonde bendy commercial too, far better than most of what's available in the UK.

It's definitely much cheaper than €700 per kg in Morocco. Before covid I had heard rumors of €4-500 a kg, and the price has dropped since then by alot according to what the farmers in videos online are claiming.

Man, I know, and just have said that you can get it in Spain, but I am not so sure if we both are calling "comercial" to the same stuff, cause if you say it's good, I am afraid we are not.
I will take your word for whatever you say, anyway, otherwise it would be very unpolite from me, I have no reason to distrust your word.
What I have is a Spanish nationality and a Spanish residence, also have 35+ years buying and smoking hash in Spain, on the regular, on the daily. In october/ noviembre, after the harvest, I pay like 2 ,5€/g or something for weed, only because I don't bother looking for cheaper of buying bulk...And, whit all that, I don't find what I call proper good hash at 1,50. Not at all, no good hash. I pay at the very least the double of that, and fairly more when something really special arrives
I know in the South a kilo of hash can be had for 1500, and here in the North cocaína can be had for 24000. They will show up with the stuff, it's not a lie, plenty and cheap drugs in Spain and all that... lots of gear to be sold and lot of money to be made.
But that is not the "good" hash that you and your mates would like to smoke; that is not the "good" coke that you want to have with your wife on a special day.

All I can say is if a person thinks that if he/ she goes to Morroco it would be easy to buy good hash at 150 €£$ kilo, said person is in for a massive dissapointment

I think what is wrong brother is the standards you guys have in Spain vs here in the UK. When i say it is good hash I mean it is good for what is available to us here in the UK.

I have spent some time in Spain living on the south coast and there is much better hash available there, than to be smoking the blonde commercial Moroccan, but compared with here even some of the blonde commercial is nice compared to whats available.

The biggest hash market here in UK is for the commercial stuff. It sells for around €2.50 in kg or in smaller amounts at €5-10 per gram.

The higher quality hashes (the ones dealers brand as filter), sell for €15-20 a gram and hold high prices like €10 per gram still on 100gs.

Yes, they are very different markets. Here hash is good and cheap, but it's all Marroccan, I miss a lot the variety you had in the Islands with black asian hash. Also very good morrocan and in variety.
Geography is the main factor as smuggling hash into Spain is so much cheaper and so are the prizes, but economy plays its role: morrocan exporters and spanish wholesalers would like to push prizes further, but they very well know that you can't expect an average spaniard to pay 10 € a gram. We just can't. Nor want, fuck them!!.
I know many dealers who find it hard to push their hash throw the sea of outdoor weed post season, and same goes for indoor growers, if they were to get cocky and posh like " here you have this sophisticated shit for 12 € a gram".... well, they would just have to eat it themselves

South Africa's drug market is varied and includes several new psychoactive substances (e.g., 3-MMC; 4-AcO-DMT; 1P-LSD; DOx and 2C-x compounds). Along with the use of the traditional psychedelics, ketamine is also widespread given its scheduling and the increasing presence of clinics that offer ketamine assisted psychotherapy.

Extramedical use of pharmaceutical opioids (e.g., tramadol; methadone; buprenorphine), stimulants (e.g., methylphenidate; lisdexamphetamine) and benzodiazepines (e.g., diazepam; lorazepam; alprazolam). With the exception of the opioid agonists methadone and buprenorphine, there aren’t any reliable and robust population size estimates of the number of people who use the different drugs. Rough estimates are based on programmatic data and treatment data through the South African Community Epidemiological Network on Drug Use. These data are a massive under-estimate.

There is also a strong network of ethnobotanists and enthusiasts who connected through the Khanyisa Psychoactive Plant Conference. Within this context, there is often mescaline hcl or sulfate around as well as dimethyltryptamine from M.hostilis, A.confusa and a small amount extracted from several local acacia species.

Outside of alcohol and cannabis, there have been increasing flows of heroin, cocaine and methamphetamine documented over the past 20 years. In 2005, 0.2% and 0.5% of men (aged ≥20 years) who participated in a national household survey reported opioid and cocaine use in past three months, respectively Programmatic data shows that the proportion of people admitted to drug treatment centres for opioid dependence increased from 16% in 2012 to 20% in 2017 (Harker et al., 2020). A 2017 household survey found that 0.3% of participants (aged ≥15 years) reported opioid, cocaine and amphetamine use in the three months preceding the study.

You mentioned the use of methcathinone. Recently, we analysed a handful of samples sold as 'cat' in SA - which are reported to be methcathinone, however, initial results return metaphedrone (3-MMC). This makes sense given global availability, however, confirmatory analysis is still needed.

Last edited: