• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How intense is nutmeg?

nancy145

Bluelighter
I already know about all the dangers and how it gives you a 2 day hangover and stuff, I know it's a dumb drug to do, you don't need to tell me all of that. I'm just wondering how intense the trip is. Like is it mild and easy to handle, moderate, or crazy and will cause a bad trip if your not very experienced with psychedelics? also can you compare it to other drugs that are about as intense? Thanks

I would compare it to diphenhydramine but even dirtier then that . because it's a deleriant , Me personally I hate deleriants

I meant like in intensity, not what the trip is like. Diphenhydramine gives everyone bad trips tho, like 99 out of 100 times. Nutmeg isn't like that, right? Also, I've never done deleriants before, but I think I'd like them, so unless it does give you a bad trip every time I think I'll be good

I remember the day like it was yesterday, reading a book in the school library when I was eleven (grade 7, last year before high school back then) and it was an old Ethnobotanical book of sorts describing and detailing a huge amount of plants, and the various medicines found within - nutmeg was a standout because I knew my mother used nutmeg in her cooking, oh how excited myself and newly convinced friends were when we thought we were going to have fun, a new experience or just getting "up to no good"......I only recall a strong flavour and a much less than fun experience - no high or any effect was yielded just the rotten nutmeg flavour. I recall being put off by nutmeg for a while. Kids.

The problem is finding the right nutmeg most of what you find is old and the chemicals in it don't work. I had a great time other than the violent puking and two day hangover from hell. I would never ever do it again nor would I recommend anyone else do it.

Christ when I was a kid I just went out and did it. If you want to do something dumb just do it. The fact that this is historically a popular drug with convicts and sailors should tell you something.

I felt okay kinda stimulated but then once again it was a coming of age thing like nitrous not worth my time.

I drank 4oz. of nutmeg oil once. It wasn't a particularly powerful high, but it did make my bowels reek for a few weeks. :\ Using the essential oil like I did didn't make me nauseated or anything, on the positive side. Even MMDA--which is made from the myrisiticin component of the essential oil of nutmetg--is said to be fairly weak at 300mg, according to morningloryseed.

1-allyl-3,4-methylenedioxy-5-methoxybenzene.png

MYRISTICIN

(1-3,4-methylenedioxy-5-methoxy-phenyl)-2-propanone.png

WACKER INTERMEDIATE

1-(3,4-methylenedioxy-5-methoxyphenyl)-2-aminopropane.png

MMDA (see PiHKAL for trip reports).

Last edited:
BTW, ^^^ That last image is not mdma. mdma doesnt have that O-CH3 hanging off the phenyl ring

Yeah, nutmeg isn't really a 'trip', it's delirium. It's basically poisoning your brain - the same that 'tripping' from benadryl, dramamine, or datura seed pods is. It won't allow you to soul search, it won't expand your spirituality, and it sure as HELL won't be fun. If you take enough to feel effects from it, you'll feel sick and delirious.

just shoplift som dxm syrup or some co-codomol package from your local cvs if youre that desperate to get high. atleast you will actually get high from that

Good question. As you know it is classified as a "Deliriant". But the effects of This drug (nutmeg) is exactly similar to those effects you get from smoking weed. I consume it every morning.

Yeah, nutmeg isn't really a 'trip', it's delirium. It's basically poisoning your brain - the same that 'tripping' from benadryl, dramamine, or datura seed pods is. It won't allow you to soul search, it won't expand your spirituality, and it sure as HELL won't be fun. If you take enough to feel effects from it, you'll feel sick and delirious.

Nutmeg is a deliriant but not similar to any of those other drugs you listed. It isn't poisoning your brain. It's probably not something you want to do every day but its not that bad. It can be fun. It feels like weed, less head-fucky, more glow. It lasts about a day and a little into the next. If you OD you can feel sick, but I've enjoyed it a few times.

just shoplift som dxm syrup or some co-codomol package from your local cvs if youre that desperate to get high. atleast you will actually get high from that

Only in Od you will get that kind of advice.

better yet try to get yourself a connect , nice clean-cut type and give them your hard earned money.

Only in Od you will get that kind of advice.

better yet try to get yourself a connect , nice clean-cut type and give them your hard earned money.

The kids like 12 check his profile its just desperate attempts to get high and attention seeking about a "cutting" problem. Im just telling him what i would do if i was a 12 year old desperate to escape reality in any way possible lol

The misinformation and hate in this thread "poisoning your brain" come on do some research it's just like how every use to say 2 tablespoons will shut down your liver even though nutmeg has a huge ld50 it's like over 100g and 25g is considered a very high dose by some

I wouldn't class nutmeg as a deleriant from my use of it. It was out right tripping balls with a lot of weed and mdma qualities but the whole process of choking it down, getting a horrible belly ache and then throwing up sand paper is not worth it and it's a crapshoot how it will make you feel. Not to mention feeling like you got hit by a truck for two days.

The misinformation and hate in this thread "poisoning your brain" come on do some research it's just like how every use to say 2 tablespoons will shut down your liver even though nutmeg has a huge ld50 it's like over 100g and 25g is considered a very high dose by some

so it has a ed50:ld50 of close to 1:4? that's more dangerous than heroin

Carry on with the misinfo, folks. Those of us who know, know, and the rest of the world can carry on repeating the myths and/or choking down handfuls of vile powder and saying "never again".

Do it right - the knowledge is out there.

How intense is nutmeg? 42. Or 47 on Thursdays.