• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How ibuprofen changes the high

crackhead226

Greenlighter
I am one of those people who dont quite like the "dumbing down" effects of cannabis. Marijuana made me feel kinda shitty. I experinced short-term memory loss, paranoia, anxitey and more. Most of the time high I just wasted time thinking "profound" thoughts that I forgot 2 seconds later. Since marijuana had this effect on me I enjoyed other drugs more. Opiates, downers etc.

However I found a way to enjoy marijuana! Taking 400 mg ibuprofen 30 minutes before smoking marijuana blocks the cognitive impairment effects of thc. Memory is greatly improved! This might be worth trying out if you are like me. :)

source: http://www.medicaldaily.com/memory-...ug-duo-may-halt-alzheimers-progression-263443

Last edited:
Interesting...too bad if I took ibuprofen every time I wanted to smoke weed I would have a stomach ulcer in no time. That stuff is terrible for you.

I've read something like this before. but personally I cannot say that taking Ibuprofen has ever influenced my cannabis high...

Some strains dumb me down or couch lock me. The indicas which I smoke at night do that. Good Sativa or Sativa dominant hybrid is great for discussion, creativity, hiking etc. I am lucky that I have access to all the different types for medical reasons.

Interesting...too bad if I took ibuprofen every time I wanted to smoke weed I would have a stomach ulcer in no time. That stuff is terrible for you.
Well yes. Ibuprofen do some side effects on it's own. Daily ibuprofen use is not recommended.

Ibuprofen side effects:

• Stomachache
  • Heartburn
  • Dizziness
  • Rash
  • Drowsiness
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Constipation
  • Ringing in the ears

I've read something like this before. but personally I cannot say that taking Ibuprofen has ever influenced my cannabis high...
It definitly works for me. But I only vaporize weed occasionally. The cognitive impairments of thc are maybe not that pronounced in someone who is a daily smoker.

Last edited:
It definitly works for me. But I only vaporize weed occasionally. The cognitive impairments of thc are maybe not that pronounced in someone who is a daily smoker.

vaporizing cannabis has never cognitively impaired me as much as smoking flowers. i also can't take ibuprofen due to a likely allergic reaction i may experience... my mom can't take it and so i never tried.

i also don't like taking those drugs in the first place ;). same goes for APAP.

vaporizing cannabis has never cognitively impaired me as much as smoking flowers. i also can't take ibuprofen due to a likely allergic reaction i may experience... my mom can't take it and so i never tried.

i also don't like taking those drugs in the first place ;). same goes for APAP.
That is true. Smoking releases much more toxins that may dull the mind even more!