• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids How I successfully transitioned from Fentynal to Suboxone with only light withdrawl. (Saved me and my girlfriend)

MMAinfluenced

Greenlighter
So I had to make an account and write this because it solved a 7 month hell of addiction to fentynal which roughly started at the beginning of the pandemic. I had 10 years clean at that point having quit heroin 10 years earlier. It was EASY to get on suboxone then. But i didnt realize what I was getting into with fentynal. Even after 48 hours i still went into bad percipitated withdrawl.

Anyway, I read something called "The Bernese Method". Now a lot of people will try to tell you it doesnt work for Fentynal. Im here to tell you thats not true. The truth is it doesnt work perfectly with fentynal.

Basically, what you have to do is continue using your opiod of choice (fentynal god knows what analog). While you take small bits of suboxone every day. Eventually i built up the suboxone in my system and stopped taking the fentynal. Heres the kicker. I thought by then that i wouldnt feel any withdrawl and i would be fully acclimated to the suboxone. Heres what actually happened. I didnt feel withdrawl. Until i took the subxone. I still got precipitated withdrawl! But heres the trick. At this point you are on 8mg a day of suboxone. You take the suboxone in quarters accross the day 2mg at a time.

Doing the above lead to withdrawl light enough that I still would visit with my girlfriend and I would go to work and id get by. This only lasted 48 hours. After you go 48 hours without fentynal eventually the suboxone got to the point I guess where you no longer get the precipitated withdrawl. Ill be honest at this point i got cocky and used fentynal again a bit (my girlfriend was behind me in the process I was trying to help her so she was still using while building up her suboxone levels). At this point I no longer felt precipitated withdrawl even if I used the day before.

My girlfriend hated the suboxone. By accident she did something even better. She stopped taking the suboxone. 36 hours going still shes having no withdrawl. Possibly she is detoxing as her suboxone levels are dropping. She may eventually feel withdrawl but if she does at this point she can probably just use suboxone and be fine.

Anyway this saved me 4 days of torture and hell of running out of money and going cold turkey. Not just me. But my girlfriend too. And who knows it may have saved my life too. (I was snorting not injecting).

I believe it is possible instead of over a week to get on suboxone in 2 days.. just start at 8mg a day for 2 days while using fentynal at the same time (take the suboxone first then the fentynal after to knock out the precipitated withdrawl.

But this is the burnese method I used with one adjustment which i highly recommend for fentynal users on day 7. Break the pill into the pieces as best you can. I separated the pills in 7 bags labeled 1 through 7. That helped me.

Use fentynal until day 7:
Day 1: 1mg suboxone (basically an 1/8th)
Day 2: 1mg twice a a day(2mg)
Day 3: 1mg 3 times a day(3mg)
Day 4: 2mg twice a day (4mg)
Day 5: 2mg 3 times a day(6mg)
Day 6: 2mg 4 times a day (8mg)

Now heres where the burnese method falls apart and likely why many think it doesnt work. It recommends day 7 do 12mg of suboxone all at once and stop doing fentynal. Hell no. DONT DO THAT.

Do this:

Day 7 on: 2mg 4 times a day (8mg). Do this until you feel normal. Should only take until the beginning of day 9. It will be very light withdrawl.

Once you adjust to the suboxone i highly suggest waiting at least 3-5 days and then start tappering down and quickly get off the suboxone and if you taper right you shouldnt feel any withdrawl. If you wait too long you could be in a prolonged withdrawl. I did this before when I quit heroin. I randomly stopped suboxone and felt fine. Told my doctor abd he said no no i need to go back on it helps chemical levels and heal them (he lied he wanted me on suboxone prolonged to get my money every month). Anyway I stayed on suboxone for a year+ and even after tapering still felt 21 days of withdrawl. Ouch. It was lighter withdrawl but very uncomfortable. Use your better judgement. I hope this helps somebody I really do.

Anyway, I read something called "The Bernese Method". Now a lot of people will try to tell you it doesnt work for Fentynal. Im here to tell you thats not true. The truth is it doesnt work perfectly with fentynal.

It's the best way to do it. So much, in fact, some countries are starting to recognize this and change their prescribing practice guidelines to reflect the specific issue with fentanyl's extremely long half-life with repeated use.

I'm glad it worked well for you and your girlfriend, too :)

So I had to make an account and write this because it solved a 7 month hell of addiction to fentynal which roughly started at the beginning of the pandemic. I had 10 years clean at that point having quit heroin 10 years earlier. It was EASY to get on suboxone then. But i didnt realize what I was getting into with fentynal. Even after 48 hours i still went into bad percipitated withdrawl.

Basically, what you have to do is continue using your opiod of choice (fentynal god knows what analog). While you take small bits of suboxone every day. Eventually i built up the suboxone in my system and stopped taking the fentynal. Heres the kicker. I thought by then that i wouldnt feel any withdrawl and i would be fully acclimated to the suboxone. Heres what actually happened. I didnt feel withdrawl. Until i took the subxone. I still got precipitated withdrawl! But heres the trick. At this point you are on 8mg a day of suboxone. You take the suboxone in quarters accross the day 2mg at a time.

Doing the above lead to withdrawl light enough that I still would visit with my girlfriend and I would go to work and id get by. This only lasted 48 hours. After you go 48 hours without fentynal eventually the suboxone got to the point I guess where you no longer get the precipitated withdrawl. Ill be honest at this point i got cocky and used fentynal again a bit (my girlfriend was behind me in the process I was trying to help her so she was still using while building up her suboxone levels). At this point I no longer felt precipitated withdrawl even if I used the day before.

My girlfriend hated the suboxone. By accident she did something even better. She stopped taking the suboxone. 36 hours going still shes having no withdrawl. Possibly she is detoxing as her suboxone levels are dropping. She may eventually feel withdrawl but if she does at this point she can probably just use suboxone and be fine.

Anyway this saved me 4 days of torture and hell of running out of money and going cold turkey. Not just me. But my girlfriend too. And who knows it may have saved my life too. (I was snorting not injecting).

I believe it is possible instead of over a week to get on suboxone in 2 days.. just start at 8mg a day for 2 days while using fentynal at the same time (take the suboxone first then the fentynal after to knock out the precipitated withdrawl.

But this is the burnese method I used with one adjustment which i highly recommend for fentynal users on day 7. Break the pill into the pieces as best you can. I separated the pills in 7 bags labeled 1 through 7. That helped me.

Now heres where the burnese method falls apart and likely why many think it doesnt work. It recommends day 7 do 12mg of suboxone all at once and stop doing fentynal. Hell no. DONT DO THAT.

Do this:

Day 7 on: 2mg 4 times a day (8mg). Do this until you feel normal. Should only take until the beginning of day 9. It will be very light withdrawl.

Once you adjust to the suboxone i highly suggest waiting at least 3-5 days and then start tappering down and quickly get off the suboxone and if you taper right you shouldnt feel any withdrawl. If you wait too long you could be in a prolonged withdrawl. I did this before when I quit heroin. I randomly stopped suboxone and felt fine. Told my doctor abd he said no no i need to go back on it helps chemical levels and heal them (he lied he wanted me on suboxone prolonged to get my money every month). Anyway I stayed on suboxone for a year+ and even after tapering still felt 21 days of withdrawl. Ouch. It was lighter withdrawl but very uncomfortable. Use your better judgement. I hope this helps somebody I really do.
Very very decent of you to share this with all. It will aid many in the future I am sure. Well done and thank you.

Very very decent of you to share this with all. It will aid many in the future I am sure. Well done and thank you.

Do this:

Thank you for sharing this plan. I am in the same place with the Fentanyl and it feels so hopeless. I never would’ve even tried it had I known it was so different from anything else. I need to quit but I also have a life I need to be a functioning member in. I have enough subs so I’m just going to go for it. One question... did you use your normal amount of fentanyl the whole 7 days? How much did it take to pull out of precipitated withdrawl? Thanks again!

Thank you for sharing this plan. I am in the same place with the Fentanyl and it feels so hopeless. I never would’ve even tried it had I known it was so different from anything else. I need to quit but I also have a life I need to be a functioning member in. I have enough subs so I’m just going to go for it. One question... did you use your normal amount of fentanyl the whole 7 days? How much did it take to pull out of precipitated withdrawl? Thanks again!
I’m getting ready to try this and need advice. Would love to hear how if worked if you tried it?

I want to try this. I was able to get buprenorphine and Naloxone strips (8 mg). I'm assuming I can do this with the strips and just cut them into 1/4's?

Do this:

Once you adjust to the suboxone i highly suggest waiting at least 3-5 days and then start tappering down and quickly get off the suboxone and if you taper right you shouldnt feel any withdrawl. If you wait too long you could be in a prolonged withdrawl. I did this before when I quit heroin. I randomly stopped suboxone and felt fine. Told my doctor abd he said no no i need to go back on it helps chemical levels and heal them (he lied he wanted me on suboxone prolonged to get my money every month). Anyway I stayed on suboxone for a year+ and even after tapering still felt 21 days of withdrawl. Ouch. It was lighter withdrawl but very uncomfortable. Use your better judgement. I hope this helps somebody I really do
Thank you for sharing this. I want to give this a shot!

Do this:

Question, when you start the subs again on Day 9, did you keep increasing sub dose as needed? Or did you stay at a total of 8mg/day for 3-5 days, and then started to taper down?

Do this:

Also, is there any other things you needed to take to help with sleep or anything during any of this time, or did the subs keep you completely withdraw free? I am trying to gauge what will be needed for this. I am getting 14 subs now. I think that should be enough.

Do this:

How much fent we're you still taking while taking the subs? I'm on like 10-15 a day and have gone into precipitated withdrawal 4x's now. The most recent after 48hrs taking a half a sub. Was instantly miserable and of course went to "feel better" the only way I knew how. I've got some benzos and gabapentin tbag has helped me get these past 2 days but I'm so scared to try to subs again I'm thinking to try the method you suggested. I just want to make sure I don't take too much fent each day and the little bit of sun putting me into withdrawal each day as I do this. How did you taper those while increasing the Suboxone? Any input would be helpful. Thank you

Do this:

How much fent we're you still taking while taking the subs? I'm on like 10-15 a day and have gone into precipitated withdrawal 4x's now. The most recent after 48hrs taking a half a sub. Was instantly miserable and of course went to "feel better" the only way I knew how. I've got some benzos and gabapentin tbag has helped me get these past 2 days but I'm so scared to try to subs again I'm thinking to try the method you suggested. I just want to make sure I don't take too much fent each day and the little bit of sun putting me into withdrawal each day as I do this. How did you taper those while increasing the Suboxone? Any input would be helpful. Thank you

Sorry if this is very late, but I got to the point where I wasn't insufflating, but just putting a tiny grain of the F poison under a finger nail and going about my day. I'm still very surprised that this "burnese method" actually worked. I accidentally OD'd, but survived, and the burnese method is what got me back on subs.
PS- As I'm sure you may know, it is very hard to tell what dose of fent you are taking unless you have a microgram scale, or are using a pharmaceutical product that is marked correctly. Please be careful! You can do one line and be fine, but your next line may contain more active compound than the last line, and you could be a goner. Don't go down that road!

Under your finger nail? It was effective that way?

-GC