• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How high of a dose do you usually need to get high?

razorcuts

Greenlighter
Just asking out of curiousity.

I have some amphetamine juice left at home. The stuff contains 2mg DL per ml.

I wanted to try juice for adhd and see if it's better than dexedrine which only has D-amphetamine.
I thought maybe DL gives you more of a boost.

After all D-amphetamine mostly affects dopamine BUT nor-epinephrine also plays a role in ADHD.
This means that taking pure D-amphetamine may only help with those symptoms related to dopamine but NOT
with those related to NE.

My experience is that the juice has a bigger effect on the heart/pulse, which seems logical.

I won't be getting the juice again. I will go back to dexedrine or vyvanse.

Anyway, a few times I took a pretty high dose at once (40mg DL) and I didn't really feel euphoric. I only got cardiac side effects
which were not pleasurable.

Cause of this I wonder how much do people take in order to get high and how do they deal with the racing heart? What's the point of trying to
get high when at the same time your pulse is around 180? This cannot be very much fun. :?

Honestly close to 80mg to even stimulate me enough to not want to jut go to sleep at this point, and i havent had any amphetamines in quite a while. im sensitive to stimulants, which is odd, because my amphetamine tolerance is unbelievable. MDMA especially seems to take ungodly amounts to affect me. Cocaine however I can still only take small lines of, even though ive used more coke than speed.

So i just dont even bother, cause if im trying to get high ill end up taking 140mg which will just raise my bp and heart rate through the roof, which makes it so uncomfortable its not even enjoyable.

A 50mg bowl (meth) is "worth it" for me... good high, just not long because I'm no longer a casual user.

For the heart rate, have you actually measured it with reliable equipment? I always feel like my heart is racing, but when I actually measure it, it's only 80bpm (resting heart rate is 65-68 so 80 isn't bad).

What sort of cardiac issues? I ask because I used to be very paranoid about my health. Depending on how well you take care of yourself when taking amps (electrolytes, vitamines... eating lol) the cardiac issues might not actually be as severe as you think. For example, simply drinking cold water can cause esophageal spasms which can cause severe chest pain and feel like heart palpitations.

Not saying you shouldn't worry, get checked, etc. but to answer your question, I can enjoy my high because I know what's happening to my body so the anxiety, which ruins my high more than anything else, isn't an issue anymore.

Hi, with cardiac side effects I mean racing heart and high BP.
My resting BP was over 140/80 one time which is pretty high- This scared me.

How does meth inhaled compare to amphetamines orally?

I mean if you smoke 50mg meth then how much of the meth gets into your blood? All of it?

And meth is also stronger than amphetamines.

---

What's weird is that my reaction to amphetamines varies greatly.

For example a few days ago I took 30mg vyvanse (contains 9mg d-amphetamine) and on this day I felt jittery and uncomfortable.

And on other days I can take amphetamine juice multiple times a day and get a much higher total amount of amphetamines (maybe 40mg or more) and have no side
effects at all.

What's also weird is that d-amph does NOT make me awake at all. In fact I can take 10mg dexedrine and then fall asleep. This is weird cause officially amphetamines
shall keep you awake.

I also use ritalin sometimes (but not on the same day as amphetamines).
With ritalin my reaction also varies. There are days where I can take 20mg instant ritalin and feel nothing.
And on other days I already get side effects from 10mg instant ritalin.

It's because 30 vyvanse is so little anyone will feel weird and not satisfied.

I haven't taken amphetamine in 2 months after a really nasty 3 day binge on vyvanse.(redosing after no sleep is a BAD idea on amphetamines but I said "fuck it") I was so cracked out, sleep deprived and ridden with irrational thoughts that is haven't touched stims since. My regular dose was 30mg vyvanse. I can't remember the dose because each day was progressively worse and I needed more to feel the effects , I had a bunch of 40mg pills.

I haven't refilled my prescription since I ran it but I think about getting it filled every day because of adhd symptoms. But since I have gone so long without it and managed to survive may I should wait out a little longer. Every day I think about picking up the phone and call the pharmacy for a refill.

What's the longest break u guys took from amphetamines??

Last edited:
I will try to make this answer as short as possible but... tweaking :(

My resting BP was over 140/80 one time which is pretty high

So I hate to be this person, but what do you mean by "resting BP"? Did you measure it when you first woke up? Were you at work? Did you go for a jog? Etc. As soon as you get up in the morning, drugs or no drugs, BP is higher than your resting bp. My resting BP is 117/76 when clean for several days, but if I go for a jog, it goes up to 140/94 (settles down to normal after resting for a few minutes and trying again).

140/80 is not that high. 80 is actually "perfect" diastolic, 140 is technically hypertensive but nothing to write home about. <120 is ideal, 120-139 is pre-hypertensive but again not terrible. BTW this is assuming you're not diabetic.

If I were to be concerned, I would be more concerned about the 180 pulse. May I ask how old are you? Cardiac damage from elevated pulse (at least for acute tachycardia) occurs when your heart rate is above 85% of your max heart rate. But again, what are you doing while your pulse is 180? Are you in bed? Are you building a treehouse? Have you had enough water? Are you anxious about your heart rate/bp?

I hope this helps. My goal is to help you with what you originally said.

Cause of this I wonder how much do people take in order to get high and how do they deal with the racing heart? What's the point of trying to
get high when at the same time your pulse is around 180? This cannot be very much fun.

Knowing how to minimize the risks and knowing exactly what the risks are is how you can get high and enjoy it. Being anxious about your pulse is not the way to have fun :(

Btw I just have to share a quote. While I was writing this I couldn't help but think of the Simpsons.

Dr. Hibbert: We're going to cut you open and tinker with your ticker.
Homer: Could you dumb it down a shade?

If you have any questions or want a more technical answer, let me know lol

Last edited:
How much pure amphetamine is in 10mg adderall?

Adderall contains amphetamine sulphate, dextroamphetamine, and levoamphetamine. its a mixture of 3 different salts, that's what makes Adderall, I don't know the exact mg per mg for each

20 IR worth of pharmaceutical grade amphetamine having never touched it before will always be the sweet spot we all want again.

I didn't really try going very high above the therapeutic levels of amphetamines.

I think my highest dose of amphetamine syrup was 20ml which contains 40mg amphetamine (DL).

If I take take such a high dose then at best I get side effects but don't feel euphoric. Should a person feel euphoric at such a dose?
Dose not feeling euphoric mean that somehow something's wrong with the dopamine receptors?
This would be scary.

@ dcole

With resting BP I mean the BP which I measure when I'm laying in bed watching TV.

No, I do not have 180 pulse. I was just trying to say that if I took really high doses
of amphetamines my pulse would go through the roof. This is why I don't understand how
people can get high or amphetamine or meth cause the cardiac side effects must be really strong.
I cannot imagine feeling high when at the same time you feel like your heart is about to explode.
How does this work? Do these people take benzos or betablockers at the same time?