• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How high can one go with Lyrica dose?

Scared Straight

Bluelighter
PHP:
I know that the recommended max daily dose is 600 mg. Other than respiratory depression (worse when combined with other CNS dep.), what other ill effects is a person in danger of experiencing? Other than sleepiness? I only increase my dose by 100mg when I am tolerant to the dose I am at.

Lyrica has only been known to cause kidney failure in extremely high doses.
All major side effects are rare, unless you are allergic, witch you clearly aren't.

The only real way to overdose (as in CNS depression) is to combine it with other depressants.

Lyrica has only been known to cause kidney failure in extremely high doses.
All major side effects are rare, unless you are allergic, witch you clearly aren't.

The only real way to overdose (as in CNS depression) is to combine it with other depressants.

Thanks!!

<3

Also, I never said you couldn't blackout. You can get really fucked up enough to do something you are not a fan of.

Be careful.

It is one of the safest drugs I know of, but the stuff you do on it can make all the difference.

There was one case study I read about a man admitted to the hospital with severe withdrawal symptoms following the "ingestion of twenty capsules of Lyrica each day," but it doesn't specify as to what dose he was taking. I know of plenty of users on this forum who have taken between 1.5 and 2 grams of the stuff to achieve recreational effects; these users, however, have always had pre-existing tolerances to pregabalin which have been very high. When I first took Lyrica, 75-150mg was enough to have me off-balance, euphoric and the whole lot. So, as Psychedelic Jay pointed out, although you can take gargantuan doses of pregabalin without dying, that does not mean that you should. I, myself, am prescribed the max daily dosage allowed under United States law, and have taken much more than that often. But my tolerance is through the roof, considering that I am prescribed it.

Are you in any way tolerant to Lyrica?

~ vaya

There was one case study I read about a man admitted to the hospital with severe withdrawal symptoms following the "ingestion of twenty capsules of Lyrica each day," but it doesn't specify as to what dose he was taking. I know of plenty of users on this forum who have taken between 1.5 and 2 grams of the stuff to achieve recreational effects; these users, however, have always had pre-existing tolerances to pregabalin which have been very high. When I first took Lyrica, 75-150mg was enough to have me off-balance, euphoric and the whole lot. So, as Psychedelic Jay pointed out, although you can take gargantuan doses of pregabalin without dying, that does not mean that you should. I, myself, am prescribed the max daily dosage allowed under United States law, and have taken much more than that often. But my tolerance is through the roof, considering that I am prescribed it.

Are you in any way tolerant to Lyrica?

~ vaya

I am also hugely tolerant to Lyrica. I am prescribed the max daily dose but am well above that since I use it to sleep when I am out of my narcotic. I run out of my narcotic early on a habitual basis. When I get it again, I cut my Lyrica dose in half and taper off.

I have a seizure disorder. Lyrica is also used as a mild anti epileptic. My dose as prescribed is 600mg am then 600 mg pm. Lyrica also comes in 300mg capsules. I have used well over that dose. I do have a tolerance but not that long of use. Maybe 7 months. AFor about 5 months I was on 600mg then it was increased. I have had no issues taking 1200- 1600 mg in a single dose am then mid day then pm. So that is on average 3600mg daily. NOW it does mess with your kidney's as well as it makes it hard to piss. It also makes my legs swell up for the time I use it. When I run out withdrawl is not bad at all, BUT you can have seizures from it. Your kidney function bounces right back and the swelling goes down right away. The feeling at 1200-1600 mg is almost equal to a benzo high that last for about 6 hours for me. Just without the extreme high of a benzo. Lyrica is a bit more mild but you are very nicely relaxed. THIS IS MY EXPERIENCE NOT ALL ARE THE SAME.TAKE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Lyrica comes with many side effects. One of the worst is EPS. So this is fair warning, but the feeling rocks!

Hey there, do you think by taking 30mg of diazepam with a high dose of Lyrica would help avoid any seizure risk ? And possibly add to the high?
Peace