• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How High Are You v. Not High Enough for this Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I've been off oxy since friday. But I was on a much higher dose than you, was doing 300-500mg a day. I'm quite surprised 2mg sub is able to hold me. But I still feel like shit despite the sub, I reckon it would even make you feel good if I'm not mistaken about the size of your habit. I also ran out of flurazepam on saturday, haven't been benzo free in months either, so yeah that doesn't help.

I transfered some cash from my paypal acc to my bank account but it's taking a while to reach my bank account, so I'm broke as fuck atm. Else I would go to the doc cuz fuck this. Especially the benzos, I didn't even intend to quit those. Thankfully I did a small taper before running out, so I can actually still sleep at night.

I'll submit my dc mod app when I'm back on oxy, too drained of energy right now for even that. Lol. (Thanks for the heads up though)

How do you feel pilly? You say like shit but you're coming off a huge habit. That you aren't using more sub is surprising. Anyway, good for you! :)

I'm having my nighttime smokes and finishing a brewski

Well I have a limited supply of sub, and taking more doesn't seem to help much. I got a docs appointment later today which I can pay for later. That still won't get my Rx filled though. I don't have any cash for my meds and even if I did have a little cash I would have to choose between benzos or opiates. Probably opiates would be the first choice but yeah, no money whatsoever right now and PayPal is taking forever. Ugh.

Sorry for double post but I'm on mobile. PayPal just came through. Looks like I have cash after all. Phew.

/edit: I went to the pharmacy and asked them to give me blisters of oxy and bromazepam in advance, which I've done before and always made good on my promise to deliver the script the same or the next day. So I reckon that's why they were willing to help me out. I was dreading taking 2 busses to going to the doctor while sick as a dog, thankfully I won't have to do that now.

I shot 120mg of oxy and took 12mg bromazepam SL and I'm feeling quite a bit better. Phew. Thank god that paypal money came through when it did. Now I can even afford to pay for my doc's appointment rightaway instead of owing him money. I'm sure he'll prefer that as well. :)

*SIGH OF RELIEF*

Last edited:
^ nice. How you doing, P2C?

OT: drank a pint of beer, took 1000 mg codeine, drank a coffee of average strength, smoked a bowl of cannabis. Quite nice, that feel.

Good. Just got 2 scripts for OC80s, 1 for OC40s and 1 for oc20's. Also for bromazepam and lorazepam. Omw to fill those scripts now and then I'll be golden. :)

/edit: I'm on 160mg oxycontin, 1.25mg lorazepam and 12mg bromazepam. Also chainsmoking cigarettes, I'm pretty damn buzzed. Quite the contrast to this morning when I felt horrible. =D

Cigs seem to potentiate opiates for a short while. I think I read somewhere that there's a real explanation for that, but I forgot what it was since it was quite long ago, I definitely feel a short boost in effects when I smoke cigarettes on opioids. When I have weed I don't have the urge to chainsmoke, mainly because weed+(good) opiates/oids send me off to nodland really quick, weed is a very strong opiate potentiator (it's actually a synergy rather than potentiator IIRC, but let's not get caught up on the details, I'll refer to it as potentiator). For opiates, IMO, weed is the king of potentiators (at least from all the potentiators I've tried on opiates) without making the high 'dirty' (think DXM or the like). Benzos are also awesome, but can be dangerous for the untolerant. Not advised unless you're experienced enough and have a high enough tolerance. Ket is a nice one too to use in small doses while on opis. But I very rarely use it for that purpose, since it's too nice of a drug to use just for potentiation.
73411_340.jpg

Last edited:
Yorkshire Gold Tea, dabs, and Death Grips to start my morning.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uoZgZT4DGSY[/video]

Good. Just got 2 scripts for OC80s, 1 for OC40s and 1 for oc20's. Also for bromazepam and lorazepam. Omw to fill those scripts now and then I'll be golden. :)

/edit: I'm on 160mg oxycontin, 1.25mg lorazepam and 12mg bromazepam. Also chainsmoking cigarettes, I'm pretty damn buzzed. Quite the contrast to this morning when I felt horrible. =D

Cigs seem to potentiate opiates for a short while. I think I read somewhere that there's a real explanation for that, but I forgot what it was since it was quite long ago, I definitely feel a short boost in effects when I smoke cigarettes on opioids. When I have weed I don't have the urge to chainsmoke, mainly because weed+(good) opiates/oids send me off to nodland really quick, weed is a very strong opiate potentiator (it's actually a synergy rather than potentiator IIRC, but let's not get caught up on the details, I'll refer to it as potentiator). For opiates, IMO, weed is the king of potentiators (at least from all the potentiators I've tried on opiates) without making the high 'dirty' (think DXM or the like). Benzos are also awesome, but can be dangerous for the untolerant. Not advised unless you're experienced enough and have a high enough tolerance. Ket is a nice one too to use in small doses while on opis. But I very rarely use it for that purpose, since it's too nice of a drug to use just for potentiation.
73411_340.jpg

Mmh ketamine and opioids... I'll have to try that

^I've been off oxy since friday. But I was on a much higher dose than you, was doing 300-500mg a day. I'm quite surprised 2mg sub is able to hold me. But I still feel like shit despite the sub, I reckon it would even make you feel good if I'm not mistaken about the size of your habit. I also ran out of flurazepam on saturday, haven't been benzo free in months either, so yeah that doesn't help.

I'll submit my dc mod app when I'm back on oxy, too drained of energy right now for even that. Lol. (Thanks for the heads up though)

Oh for sure much larger haha. 2mg of sub would probably have me nodding... I have a couple strips and a handful of 5mg methadones but I'm trying not to use anything, I feel like it's better to just deal with the minor w/d and stick with my decision.

Glad the pharmacy and the Doctor helped you out--nice setup you've got going. No worries on the mod app

ot: just had lunch, now for a dab and some work this afternoon.. can't believe it's only Tuesday lol

^Yeah, I'd definitely do the same if I was on 10-15mg(right?) oxy a day. C/T seems like the best course of action for that for sure.

OT: Been nodding uncontrollably since my last post, and I didn't even have to redose, usually oxy wears off pretty quick for me; 3-4 hours tops. It's been more than 5 now. My tolerance has definitely gone down a bit it seems. Gonna enjoy that.

It seems redosing won't be necessary anymore this evening cause I'm still noddy af. =D

Feels very nice! ;)

/E2: Think I'll have a red bull so I can maybe watch some TV without drifting off after 10 sec. Lol.

Last edited:
70mg hydrocodone, 5mg alprazolam, 50mg diphenhydramine, and 500mg cipro as a potentiator, feeling nice again, was getting in an unpleasant mind-state earlier.

73411_340.jpg

An excellent potentiator of hydrocodone is ketoconazole - it drastically increases the amount of hydrocodone converted to hydromorphone and increases the half-life of hydromorphone from what I remember of the mechanism of action and I do not know if it increases plasma levels of hydrocodone or not, but this is one of if not the best potentiator of hydrocodone and some other opiates you can get - but it may not be as effective for other opiates that do not have a stronger metabolite increased in level from this mechanism. I know it is great for hydrocodone and works maybe to a lesser extent with other opiates. Perhaps it would cause a similar thing with oxycodone, converting to oxymorphone, not looking that up.

But what it is even better at is potentiating alprazolam/Xanax and some other benzos. Erowid states in the alprazolam FAQ that it increases AUC (Area Under the Curve, a measure of total systemic exposure to the drug) 3.98 fold.
Here is a list of interesting drugs that should be potentiated by ketoconazole, a potent CYP450-3A4 inhibitor:

opioids (mainly analgesics)
alfentanil[32][34]
buprenorphine[37] (analgesic, anti-addictive)
codeine[32] (analgesic, antitussive, antidiarrheal)
fentanyl[32]
hydrocodone (partial involvement, not the bioactivation factor)[38]
methadone[32] (analgesic, anti-addictive)
levacetylmethadol[32]
tramadol (to inactive metabolites, do not confuse with metabolism via CYP2D6)

benzodiazepines
alprazolam[32][34]
midazolam[32][34]
triazolam[32][34]
diazepam[32] (bioactivation to desmethyldiazepam)

some hypnotics
zopiclone[34]
zaleplon[32]
zolpidem[32]

Others
Methoxetamine
Cocaine
DXM

Oxycodone (does not say how ketoconazole affects it, but it is going to do something probably not too different from itraconazole if the effects on it are similar to what ketoconazole does to alprazolam

MONITOR CLOSELY: Coadministration with inhibitors of CYP450 3A4 may increase the plasma concentrations of oxycodone, which is substantially metabolized by the isoenzyme. Increased oxycodone concentrations could conceivably increase or prolong adverse drug effects and may cause potentially fatal respiratory depression. According to some manufacturers, oxycodone systemic exposure (AUC) was, on average, approximately 2.4-times higher (range 1.5 to 3.4) during coadministration with itraconazole (200 mg orally for 5 days); 1.8 times higher (range 1.3 to 2.3) during coadministration with telithromycin (800 mg orally for 4 days); 3.6 times higher (range 2.7 to 5.6) during coadministration with voriconazole (200 mg twice daily for 4 days); and 1.7 times higher (range 1.1 - 2.1) during coadministration with grapefruit juice (200 mL three times daily for 5 days). Because oxycodone is also partially metabolized by CYP450 2D6, the magnitude of interaction may be even greater with concomitant use of a CYP450 3A4 and a CYP450 2D6 inhibitor, or concomitant use of a drug that is a dual inhibitor of both isoenzymes.
Grapefruit juice can really potentiate this one significantly but for some very little. And the degree of potentiation widely variable among individuals so be sure to start with a much lower dose.

Alprazolam
From the drug interaction checker, it seems it may be even better (although with alprazolam it looks like it is more an increase in the duration of effects without the maximum blood concentration not affected too much). Oxycodone, the one you asked about, is dramatically potentiated by ketoconazole,

In pharmacokinetic studies, itraconazole (200 mg/day) and ketoconazole (400 mg/day) individually increased the peak plasma concentration (Cmax), area under the concentration-time curve (AUC) and elimination half-life (T1/2) of a single 0.25 mg oral dose of triazolam by more than 3-, 22- and 6-fold, respectively, compared to placebo. Similarly, Cmax, AUC and T1/2 of a single 7.5 mg oral dose of midazolam were more than 3,- 10- and 3-fold higher, respectively, during coadministration of itraconazole or ketoconazole relative to placebo. The AUC of a single 2 mg IV dose of midazolam increased 5-fold after pretreatment with ketoconazole. The results for alprazolam have been less dramatic, presumably due to limited first-pass metabolism in the intestine. In separate studies, itraconazole and ketoconazole increased the AUC of alprazolam (0.8 and 1 mg single oral dose) by 2.5- and 4-fold, respectively, compared to placebo, while Cmax was not significantly affected. Pharmacodynamic changes associated with the interaction include increased and prolonged sedation, enhanced benzodiazepine-related EEG effects, and increased impairment of psychomotor performance. The interaction is subject to a high degree of interpatient variability.

Hydrocodone
MONITOR CLOSELY: Coadministration with inhibitors of CYP450 3A4 may increase the plasma concentrations of hydrocodone, which is substantially metabolized by the isoenzyme. Increased hydrocodone concentrations could conceivably increase or prolong adverse drug effects and may cause potentially fatal respiratory depression. Because hydrocodone is also partially metabolized by CYP450 2D6, the magnitude of interaction may be even greater with concomitant use of a CYP450 3A4 and a CYP450 2D6 inhibitor, or concomitant use of a drug that is a dual inhibitor of both isoenzymes.

One thing to keep in mind is that CYP450 2D6 inhibitors reduce the amount of hydrocodone converted to hydromorphone and with the wide variation among individuals (from poor metabolizers to ultra-rapid metabolizers), inhibiting 2D6 may make it stronger or weaker, you just have to find out for yourself.

Also, using ketoconazole for very long can have serious health effects and there may be short term problems I don't know about. But I was doing this for quite some time without negative effects that I could detect. Try at your own risk, it is a powerful potentiator but it can have side effects. Don't forget to add diphenhydramine or doxylamine succinate (or better yet, hydroxyzine). Adding a low amount of DXM (maybe 60-180mg or something like that) may be helpful but you can experiment with that yourself.

Do not use cimetidine as a potentiator with ketoconazole as it reduces ketoconazole levels as much as 75%.

/E: Nvm, read it wrong. I'm not very interested in potentiating benzos as my prescribed dose is more than enough. :) Also, bromazepam and weed (and maybe occasionally lorazepam seeing as I have 50 of those now and don't really need em) are all the potentiators I need. Actually I don't even need potentiators per se, I just take the bromazepam for my anxiety, not to potentiate the oxy per se. It's just an added bonus I guess. :)

Ot : The uncontrollable nod has worn off, hehe. Now I'm just very relaxed and watching some TV, gonna go to sleep soon.

Gn guize have a good one! <3

Last edited:
Yeah, something like that. Actually I was thinking about it earlier and I've basically been quitting oxy for like 9 months now lol. Which ended up amounting to an extremely slow taper, which I think will help me this time (since I'm out now)

ot: dabs, RSO, joint
good thing I can enjoy lots of cannabis to help

I'm down to the last of my tar. Lately it's been the same thing, over the last few days: wake up...have breakfast... leave for a brief drive down the dirt road near my childhood home, park the car in a secluded spot...prep a shot and slam a little bit o' tar...then smoke a few bowls directly afterwards, and get ready for whatever the day has in store. I don't know why but for some reason dreary, cloud-covered seaside coastal towns = best environment to use H in, it's probably why Massachusetts has a big opiate problem. I should enjoy it while I can, though, because today is probably the last day I'll be able to get high (going out fishing soon, I actually take my job somewhat seriously and don't "indulge" on the job...)

Earlier today:
IV 250mg heroin "fentadope" + 300mg cocaine

Now:
1mg alprazolam
2.5g phenibut hcl
IV 70mg d-methamphetamine
Camel Turkish Golds

200mg l-theanine
Chelated Mg
Ashwagandha
Melatonin
N-acetyl-tyrosine

Gotta have my nootriments, which I have been slacking on severely.

I needa get back onto the Mg myself. Spliffs for me tonight.

Want fast food, probaby will cook some Ramen and egg

Stop taking Cipro as a potentiator.

Yeah, taking an antibiotic as a potentiator, especially frequently, seems really irresponsible to me.

Where's the OT part of your post, though, Dr. Kitty?

OT: 1000 mg codeine, drinking coffee, about to have a bowl of cannabis. I've come to really enjoy the combo. Oh, and lots of valerian. Gotta go back to work in about 5 hours, which is exactly the amount of time I need to enjoy/relax before working.

Status
Not open for further replies.