• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

How Heroin Flows Over the Border and Into Suburbia

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
Agents with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) here are increasingly on the hunt for a nefarious drug wreaking havoc across the U.S., inspecting cars top to bottom as smugglers try to bring heroin across the border.

DEA figures show a four-fold increase in heroin seizures along the southwest border since 2008, with 4,653 pounds being confiscated last year.

Most of it was hidden in cars and trucks driven across the nearly 2,000-mile-long border in California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas.

“You can hide the heroin anywhere from bumper to bumper, roof to floor and anywhere in between,” said CBP Port Director Lupe Ramirez.

Increasingly, agents are also seeing heroin being hand-carried from Mexico in backpacks across rugged deserts and remote American ranchland.

“We have had heroin strapped to a child, heroin strapped to a grandmother, heroin in a stroller, heroin in a car seat,” Ramirez said.

cont at
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/am...how-heroin-flows-over-border-suburbia-n196911

There pissing into the wind. The national government sold them out when they stopped the poppY eradication program in Afghanistan.

Heroin has been used by people living outside of large cities for decades. It's nothing new but you just hear about it in the media more now.

Ah, I see NBC is still the bastion of true journalism... [/please excuse me while I go vomit]

Heroin has been used by people living outside of large cities for decades. It's nothing new but you just hear about it in the media more now.

Well your statement is true that heroin has indeed been used by people living outside of large cities for decades but not nearly as much as it is now days. Mainly due to the oxy epidemic back in Late 90's to the day purdue pharma switched their recipe from OC to OP. w0rd~

Last edited:
^A LOT has changed in the last 25 years my friend. Attributing the current state, assuming our assumptions are on point here, to Painkillers, doctor shopping, the introduction of plastic matrix pills, the increase in black/grey market cost of these prescriptions, etc etc, well, it's safe to say this isn't the only or necessarily the most significant contribution that has led us to where we are now.

My main challenge is that the entire paradigm use to see and language we use to discuss the current state of things, that is, the "spread" or increase in use of heroin has increased over this time is, if not entirely corrupt, at best misinformed. I challenge that heroin use was already common in the majority of these places; that what your post highlights does have an significant impact, but still a limited one. In terms of an increase in use, I'm sure people can come up with some better suggestions to compliment you theory.

Wow. Most, convoluted, post, ever. Good job Misha...