• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives How have Dissociatives helped you?

Asante

Bluelighter
Dissociatives are associated with a lot of trouble for some people, but also with a long list of benefits.
Have Dissociatives been mostly helpful or detrimental to you?
If more helpful, what was your gain?

More helpful

Helped heal trauma, kill shame, open up positive feelings about myself, ease emotional constipation and cranial pressure. I allow every feeling to pass through me. I never prohibit myself from feeling negative emotions and that way they pass through so much quicker. I get a glimpse into the parts of myself which are normally repressed. I can feel trauma dissipating from my body as it relaxes. I have been so stressed, so dirty feeling, so self hating. I have felt shame about having to eat food, shame about having eyes only pointed in one direction, shame about everything possible. Debilitating shame.

Some people may not understand the blessing and abuse it as mere hedonism. Instead of appreciating the reprogramming and emotional grounding, they chase ever "weirder" and more fantastical cognitive escapism so that tolerance increases and probably the beneficial cleansing effect swings over into brain damage. I may be the same myself with weed which i overconsume. On the other hand, i shouldn't be so sure as i have never been a heavy dissociative user. Maybe more doses just means squeezing out more win. I think it's good to stay careful however. But i can understand the uncontrollable instinctive craving for that blessed state. If one is unwell enough, it's a very understandable temptation.

My use frequency is about once a month for ACH drugs, and N2O at similar rate. Sometimes combined. I think N2O boost is handy for going that extra step into oblivion. Otherwise i normally like to be at the threshold of a "hole".

Last edited:
I’d say more helpful but it’s definitely a slippery slope compared to psychedelics. I notice over the years my tolerance to K has gone up even with what I consider very infrequent use. I used to be able to feel a couple mg, now I need 3-4x the amount even though the recent stuff seems more pure.

That said, the quick antidepressant effect from K has been very useful. Nothing works quicker.

-GC

They were a nightmare I didn't realize I was in because the high was so lovely and cheap with with no comedowns and withdrawals. Became a compulsive IV mxe addict and got bladder damage.

Ppl certainly liked being around me as I was in a high positive mood on them.

Mxe and 3meopcp were amazing for workouts. Superman pcp strength.

They've been excellent reasons to stay alive. First through DXM's immense musical ecstasy amplification. Later by the oh so clean and centered expanded state of MXE, which allowed me to almost instantly absorb, as if through osmosis, the wisdom of the biggest minds I could find. As a result I still can get low nowadays, but dwelling on designing yet another exit strategy doesn't make sense anymore, and I snap out of it fairly quickly.

Both gains I can carry with me into sobriety. The only reason I can get cardio in, for instance, is that I can put up music and, even though I'm a poor visualizer, see in my mind's eye what DXM would do with the sound. Combined with the all-nighters on the dance floor and the conditioning that took place there on uppers, I feel inclined to move without having to force it onto myself.

And I like what it has done to my linguistic skills.. even though I've yet to put it to service of humanity in an organized manner. Both talking my way into NASA and talking an island commune around me into existence have hitherto failed, lol. But it's absolutely mind-boggling I got as far as I got. I must attribute this in part to being able to verbally communicate the experience, generating in others a contact high of the dissociative state.

Dissociatives helped me overcome PTSD and help stop suicidal idealization. Good for opening up communication and making me say what's really on my mind. Also very useful for potentiating psychedelics into an ego death which can lead to strong afterglows. I notice they make me exercise and stretch more too. Help cease alcohol and benzo consumption too. Very good for opioid withdrawal and tapering.

I won't deny there are risks and complications for the bladder and kidneys especially when the user doesn't stay hydrated. They can also cause a psychotic like state when combined with sleep deprivation and delusional thoughts. They also definitely do not work for everyone.

I rate methoxetamine to be the best. Ketamine is very good but short lasting. PCP analogs have been interesting but not quite as good for depression.

I used to be able to feel a couple mg, now I need 3-4x the amount even though the recent stuff seems more pure.
Personally, I’ve never gotten much of an effect from less than 10mg or so. Could it just be that you used to be more susceptible to the placebo effect? Maybe you have altered your glutamate receptors somehow over the years, but it seems more likely to me that the reason for this is the former.

Only one I really got to know was MXE. It helped me a lot with depression when I was using it and it helped me reconnect with old friends and memories I had forgotten over the years. Nothing quite like it. Somehow it would find memories and sensations I had totally forgotten in day to day life and expose me to them.

I have nothing negative to say about MXE. It never did me wrong, at all.

Nitrous is fun but nothing exciting. 3-HO-PCE was interesting as a trip add on with Psilacetin but I can’t say it really offered much in terms of depression relief.

I have found DMXE to help a lot with my depression recently.
Ketamine has likely prevented me from attempting suicide in the past during severe depressive episodes.
I've taken each of them about half a dozen times each and have yet to have a negative experience with either.

I've also had some very interesting (primarily recreational) experiences with DXM at doses ranging from one hundred milligrams to several hundred. These experiences haven't helped me as much as DMXE and Ketamine, but provided some useful insights.

I also tried a slightly supra-threshold dose (5mg oral) of 3-MeO-PCE a week ago when I went to an amusement park, and found it to be excellent both as an antidepressant and for recreational purposes.

The only negative experience I have with dissos is when a friend of mine (Who weeks later unintentionally gave a mutual friend NBOMe tabs as 'acid') gave me some ketamine that he later found out was a strange mixture of research chemicals. I believe it was one of the ketamine analogues cut with something else, probably a stimulant. It was my first experience with "ketamine", and despite having two prior experiences with DXM I found it to be somewhat overwhelming due to taking it in a very poor setting.

Have tried only noz(nitrous).Real good after inhale got a smoke from a joint.Fully recreative...so can't say it's helping me anyway.Not sure,if i wanna try ketamine..probably not,but in withdrawl surely will.They say,that ketamine ease opi withdrawl.

I've given nitrous a fair shake and only found it interesting/useful in combo with psychedelics. But it always leaves me feeling like I've done something bad to my brain, so I tend not to indulge. Plus all the garbage of used chargers is gross.

Tried DXM ages ago once and kinda liked it, but never went back. I did have a bit too much when I was sick one other time and felt so weird in a kind of unpleasant way.

Ketamine is somewhat interesting, but it feels so unnatural to me. Fucked up is the best way to describe it. I think I just don't vibe with dissociatives very well, and they kind of creep me out. The best use I ever found for K was in combo with DPT. I do keep meaning to give it another chance though. I still have some 10+ yo K around under cold storage, I wonder how the shelf life is.

As a class that they haven't helped me in any specific way, but it's really interesting to hear about some of the healing ways people have used them. The antidepressive effects are particularly compelling. Definitely playing with fire a bit though.

I took a low dose of DXM when sick and it made me feel relaxed, made me not cough, music sounded better, playing computer games on it it was almost as fun as playing them while stoned and on acid, and the green anise cough syrup tasted delicious and gave me an interesting fever dream where I was running in a maze with brick walls that kept changing size/dimension and disappearing. I am not sure who or what I was running from in the dream?

If you consider nitrous-oxide a disassociative drug it made me laugh and relaxed me during dental surgery so that I did not feel the IV of Valium or remember any of the surgery for my very impacted wisdom teeth. Nitrous-oxide was interesting but confusing on Psilocybin mushrooms and THC. Nitrous-oxide was better on its own, while drunk and stoned, or just mixing it with the high from smoking Sativa/Indica marijuana or hashish. I never went on crazy n2o binges with the chargers, but I had food grade n2o maybe 2-3 times, and medical grade nitrous-oxide only once.

My mother had a low dose of Ketamine during a common medical test, and she had a bad trip and said she did not feel fine for 2-3 days after, so I never used it.

I have never used ANGEL DUST OR PCP, but it was super common and popular among teens and even young adults and even on super high doses nobody went crazy, attacked or killed anyone, got hurt or killed, and lots of times people would get wet to get fucked up and feel like they were floating, gravity was off, and the high from smoking it went well with marijuana. Of course most people were not stupid and did not drive on it, smoked it at home, parties, at school, at bars, did not overdo it, and had someone else drive who had not smoked any dust as it made movement difficult, if not impossible.

Last edited:
These bad boys are a double edged sword for me. They surely have a potent anti depressant effect on me, and sometimes are really conducive to making art and music. I’ve definitely lost a lot of my death fear (now to work on that thalassophobia)

OTOH the mystical experiences from these things can be good and powerfully healing but they also tend to run a hair delusional compared to my experiences on seretonergics

The antidepressive effects are particularly compelling. Definitely playing with fire a bit though.
It's indeed playing with fire. Therefore it's only recommended to go beyond nitrous or DXM if you're convinced you're gonna burn anyway. If psychedelics don't do it, empathogens don't do it, and common therapy doesn't do it (not that that's a high bar, heh), sure, go ahead and put your bladder and kidneys on the poker table. Otherwise there's a lot to be said for living your life without the burden of having to answer that voice in your head pointing out all the time you could get away with yet another cheeky dose. I personally find it easier to refrain from sexual release than to refrain from dissociatives, to give you an idea. It's not a perfect comparison, dissociatives aren't physically addictive yet your prostate will wake you up at night in agony if retention isn't approached with enough skill and subtlety. But despite that, these forces are on par. They're both life givers.