• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How has your drug use changed over time

Holy shit yes it has. Considering I went from being a drug addict past redemption (in my eyes) to someone who is functional and able to do so many things. My drug use went from nearly killing myself with opiates everyday (not an exaggeration) to being, now, on maintenance for 12 years…

Yes, it has changed. My recreational drug use now is rare, like once a month or less and only removed from my family. My functional drug use which includes low dose benzos (1-2 weekly), maintenance (daily), and stuff like ibuprofen is consistent and doesn’t veer into the weeds ever. It took me a long time to get my benzo use to somewhere that I don’t want to totally go off the rails. Can’t order Xanax from the Balkans anymore that’s a bad gig for Verbal.

I think all of the drug users I know who aged and have not died are moderating their use now. Not that the people I’m tagging have a use history like mine but I know that they do have some years on them. @Mr. Krinkle and @Xorkoth whats your use looked like over the years?

Edit: Of course Xork answered the thread already. Goddamn it.

i got a long history for sure but i was never really that bad - probably the worst thing i did was smoke rock here and there :pipe:

i never got into opiates - i never liked them.....almost burnt the house down fuckin with benzos in my 30s

but i don't do any of that shit anymore - i started out as a pothead when i was like 12 but then i stopped when i was around 15 - did pretty much nothing until i started doing coke pretty much every weekend from 17 until i was about 20 - not a real lot tho - like i'd do maybe a half gram to a gram in a night

and then i stopped doing yayo at 20, and i went back to smoking weed everyday from 20 until i was about 42 - but that also coincided with me getting back into psychdelics and mdma and ketamine - so around 1992 that all started back up and i never really stopped with the psychedelics other than short supply periods

and then i'd do coke here and there but never consistently again

but weed totally affects me differently now - so i stopped smoking again - that all started after i took a break when i was 42 - it definitely affects me differently now

so now im 50 and the only thing i do now is psychedelics

i was never a drunk either - ive always been a 2 beer kinda guy other than occasional times when i'd go out with friends and get bombed

and i only did meth maybe 4 times? i didn't like it that much

so the worst drugs for you, throughout history, i just so happen to like the least - opiates, drinking, and meth