• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How has your drug use changed over time

albatross

Bluelighter
Has your DOC changed dramatically (opiates to stims etc)? Is what you look for in drug effect different now? Are you much more careful with drug use? Functionality for weekday use or splurging on weekends?

I hope what I'm getting at makes sense..pretty open ended. For myself, opiates are still my DOC but I've come to enjoy and understand all classes of substances. Nowadays I have sworn off benzodiazepines/barbiturates due to seizures and long-term health issues. Definitely go for threshold-low-moderate doses with everything now for functionality and prevent dependence.

Let me know how you guys have made drug use work in your life..or how it's not working anymore!

Opioids have always been my DOC and the only one I really ‘need’.

These days I’m on methadone for my opioid dependence which keeps me satiated and also makes it pretty easy for me to occasionally have some oxy ‘on top’ because i always have my daily dose regardless and as long as I don’t use other opioids on top of the methadone too often my tolerance doesn’t go up (or at least not noticeably)

When I first started using drugs I never liked stimulants and didn’t get what people liked about them. 12 years later I have a much greater appreciation for stims as when (probably 7 or 8 yrs ago) I first injected them I finally ‘got’ what the fuss was about, I had snorted and orally dosed MPH, MDPV, Crystal, Mephedrone, Methylone etc but never really got anything out of it except for feeling a bit wound up with a side of muscle tension.

But oh boy, injecting them was completely different, finally got the euphoria I’d heard everyone talking about for years.

My relationship with Benzos has definitely changed for the better, as a teen/young adult I had so many blackouts etc while trying to get ‘high’ on benzos. Nowadays I can take a moderate dose and be content that this is as good as it gets and taking more is just gonna make things worse.

With Cannabis I’ve had periods where I smoke everyday and not at all but right now I smoke maybe 50% of the time (only at nights) and only have 1-2 bowls each sesh.

Started with weed and alcohol casually.

Casually added psychedelics and benzos.

Casually added MDMA and cocaine.

Slammed the fuck out of meth and heroin, weekend splurging for a year.

Stopped completely.

Plan on going back to weed casually, and maybe meth on the weekends.

I started as a total pothead, high 24/7, I drank sometimes too but mostly weed. Started getting out of control sometimes with alcohol but a bad experience turned me off of it for years. Started getting into psychedelics, then found opiates. Never was really into stims too much, I enjoyed them but rarely did them. Definitely preferred opiates and psychedelics.

In 2006-2007 I had a stint with using way too many psychedelics, burned myself out for a few years.

Quit opiates in 2014, had a period of almost no drugs for a while.

Started using psychedelics and smoking weed again, and slowly alcohol became problematic, whereas before I didn't really care for it (I don't like combining opiates and alcohol). Around this time I started abusing stimulants. I also had a stint with GHB where I got addicted and had to come off with phenibut.

Quite recently I relapsed on opiates, working on getting past that now. Working on reducing the amount of drugs I take. Ironically, the drug I started with, weed, I have zero problems with now, I sometimes get high, like once a week or less, and don't crave it at all. I WISH it filled that thing for me, but GABAergics/opiates/stims are what my brain craves.

The only drugs I want to take are psychedelics every so often and occasionally weed. Occasional benzo for insomnia/comedown sleep. Drink from time to time perhaps. Phenibut from time to time, for example when playing an important show, as it is really good for that. I wish to eliminate the daily waking up and wondering what drugs I can do.

Overall I don't regret starting drugs, they have brought me to some beautiful places and psychedelics have been a positive thing in my life. But drugs have also caused me a lot of problems. I did work it all out for a while but as life stresses got much bigger over the past few years, it kinda fell apart.

Benzos were my first DOC and remain my primary DOC because I still got anxiety mofo.

My approach to them has definitely changed though yes. I use them pretty much strictly as medicine nowadays. I take only therapeutic doses. If I find myself needing more than my normal dose I take a tolerance break. Basically I'm not trying to get high off them anymore.

I also got more into opiates as I tried a wider variety, but I'm trying to tone that down too because it's simply impossible to sustain. Most of the time I only use weak opiates like codeine and DHC. Whereas I used to bosh the oxy daily.

Stims have never been my thing. Low therapeutic doses are useful as tools. Never really been a choice for recreation and still aren't.

I have gotten more into weed, MDMA, and LSD in recent years which I consider a positive step from just boshing benzos like I used to at university. I honestly think psychedelic experiences are good for my mental health. And weed is great for balancing my mind and keeping my head straight without the concern of side effects and addiction you have to worry about with benzos or opiates.

I used to be very extreme in my drug use, I used several years stimulants Daily and non stop And I experimented my entire life extensively with about anything...

I have been a couple of years clean and since a few months I use some drugs again, weed and hash almost every day, alcohol a few times a week, every few months I use oxy and speed I binge every few weeks...

Also going to do xtc again soon.

Weed/psychs (5 years) -> opiates/weed/alcohol (4 years) -> everything, opi/mxe mainly (4 years) -> weed/opiates (4 years) ‐> weed edibles only (1 month) -> present time

Moral of story: weed is the only sustainable addiction. It's where I started and where I hopefully end with drug use.

Last edited:
started with weed alcohol and experimented w lsd xanax and dxm heavily @ 15-16. 17 i was taking tons of xanax, going into my parents room for drugs, fucktons of acid weed dxm still adderall also a lot of these.

@ 18 nov-dec 2020 i went to rehab for 5 weeks exactly or so for dxm addiction.

after that i kept relapsing a lot and almost went to rehab again in october 2022.

i had a shroom trip in february 2023 while my partner was visiting that finally made me realize i dont need anything harder than weed alc in moderation nicotine and my rxed adderall. shrooms ok sometimes. kept relapsing after that tho.

trying ti hold onto that belief again (the big 4 (5 if u count my abilify) are all i need) but i relapsed on dxm a few times recently and had a lsdxm trip that made me fix myself up. now i feel comfortable only taking my big 4/5.

had various binges thru out the years on benzos opioids and psychedelics and dissos. had a pcp analog phase in early september 2021.

I started out as a rather innocent user, at age 13 got drunk for the first time puking my guts out and also that age smoked my first joint, joints I rapidly started using daily all day even in school, at age 14 discovered my first techno rave and jeff mills soon became my favorite and with all this of course the best xtc ever, the 90s xtc, we had a steady supply of the world famous and most amazing fat mitsubishi pills with spickles and no breakline, i used xtc every friday 5 pills, every saturday 5 pills, at parties of course, but because for some reasons wednesday always was a very shitty day to feel better when everyone was in bed popping 5 xtc pills every wednesday night, listening to techno and dancing in my room or climb out my window to meet up with a friend and his sis.

The xtc was besides smoking joints about the only thing i did, a few friends of mine preferred amp but at the time it just stressed me out and made me agressive so didnt do that more than 2 or 3 times just one line.

At age 15 I became resident dj from technoze, who gave parties in rooms for about 500 ppl so decent and I played every party 2 hrs set for 100 euro per hour, and i was good cause soon i was playing in holland and france too and my biggest gig ever in 2002 at I love techno before a crowd of 200.000 ppl, the biggest techno festival in the world, so at age 15 i quit xtc and only smoked joints on days i didnt had a gig i wanted to be sober to fully master my djing which i expanded from 3 vinyl decks to semi live with the brand new roland mc 909 groovebox, i dix gigs till i was 19 and vinyl changed to cds and ppl got laptops just pushing some buttons that isnt djing so at 19 i quit and by then i also quit smoking weed.

Then at 19 got from an older friend who was in the coke scene a top number for coke, so we tried it out, me and another friend who only now and then did a few hits from a joint and never did xtc or amp, well, he was willing to each buy one g coke, it was exciting, not really knowing what to expect, my friend only did two mini lines that night so he had no effect and saved the rest for later, i did two good lines and it massively hit me, the euphoria was even better than xtc partially cause the ego boost back then made me invinsible, I had a God complex on coke so did all coke up my nose that night called the dealer ordered a few g and before I knew it I was severely addicted, only snorting back then, and I was doing upto 6g every day, to make it every day to 6g was a bitch I started ripping off dealers, and later I was so crazy that i followed two scouts from a gang at night in the harbor till they located a container with who knows how many kilo coke, waited till they went back to the rest of the gang to regroup and all came to the container, meanwhile i was ripping as much ks as I could, can you imagine if i ever got busted??? Holy shit! But i regurly had some kilo high purity coke of which I took maybe 100g for myself and sold the rest expensive and since we didnt cut up they were willing to pay a bit extra, so soon my money problems were over and I started studying at the conservatory practicing day and night often nonstop on coke and for school I made some coke nose sprays. After I lost my career i was broken and begin doing nr 3 h at first later nr 4h but never got addicted, i never wanted to be a slammer but i just had to know what it was like with coke, with h and a speedball so slammed 3 times 3 days in a row, im now 38 and slammed a total of 5 times ever, so I did good, no? Then came a heavy addiction on top of the coke oxynorm 20mg instant for sublingual use, believe you me, 40mg of that hit you like a hammer and would you make nod out, way more powerful than that shitty oxycontin of even 80, but for oxynorm i had back then an unlomited supply.

After two yrs went to rehab and got clean from both coke as oxy, i still wanted to do something with my life so I went studying philosophy, got my master but again only ghx to coke at night and coke nose sprays by day. After that I substituted alcohol for coke, yes finally got away from coke, but I boozed so much I got 3 times accute pancreatitis, each time they told my mom i wasnt going to make it and once i was actually clinical dead for a short while.

Time to quit drinking, fell a bit in love with ketamine and even more lsychedelics, i did ayahuasca, smoked self made m
N,n dmt, did shrooms, fell in love with lsd, tried salvia a few times wjich i knew nothing about so first time full pipe of salvia 80x, man, the horror, didnt do that too many times, purchased in cusco at the market a full bag of natural mescaline almost no effect, later i got synthetic mescaline, very strong and lovely, everything looked cartoonesk, even myself haha.

Tried 2cb once had what i think was a bad trip but i got a rage attack that got out of hand cause i wanted to knife down a friend of mine who stole a girl from me, luckily he was gone in time, and im a pacifist so i decided to never try 2cb again, started doing kitty flips and kitty candy flips and really lots of mescaline of which i parted cause of a methox od, i was fucked up for a full week, did now about two yrs keta and all psychedelics i could find and lost my interest never did psychedelics again, one time after many yrs one last shitload of keta that made me crash and i had to hold it together it was heavy, too heavy, never did keta again.

Managed to stay clean from everything for over 2 yrs entirely on my own, then started with basecoke which got a severe addiction soon, until recently i got my hands on worldwide nearly to find pure amp straight from the cooks who are very professional and have a real professional lab they even make their own oil, and man after the first line i felt so euphoric that i thought fuck basecoke its this i need, energy but without nervousness or tweaking or heart racing energy very clean without side effects, ultra mind boost but without getting chaos in your mind but a really strong mind boost but still chill, and i had decent amp before of which i felt real good but compared to coke i didnt like to call that effect real eupjoria from amp but now wow more intense euphoria than both base and snort coke and it seems to me everytime about fhe most intense euphoria i ever had, but maybe i forgot a bit how euphoric h4 was for example, anyway this pure amp is now my doc and from the start severe addiction, on the crash i smoke some joints and take a ton of valium and xanax. To tell you how powerful one line is, you dont need to redose without diminishing effects up until 10 to 12 hrs later!

Thats my drug life up until now besides a few experiments like smoking meth and some other things this is the most accurate description i could give of at least all the highlights. Hope you enjoyed it.

Last edited:
I don't like combinations as much. When I was younger more the better but now it just doesn't feel the same

I had an initial phase with heavy drinking, and like got into amphetamine and benzos early. Smoked a good bit of weed. Eventually got into psychedelics heavily and became slightly drug obsessed. It's like they fascinated me so much and felt so special that I spent so much of my time looking into them, getting them, doing them.

But after ten years of opioid addiction, I'm done. My drinking is mostly in check. I trip occasionally. Occasionally do stims and rolls. But my benzo habit has definitely increased into never before seen limits, and I'm really stressing having to get off them.

I will say there was a period of my life where I was simply addicted to injecting stims, never really shot my dope I just snorted. That was generally the worst moments of my life I can think of, after a while. And mixing stims with dissos made me bonkers, so I basically just fucked up catastrophically and am trying to pick up the pieces as I can.

Started out with mostly just weed. Got on probation. Discovered acid. Got in a relationship in which I mostly just drank until a fateful night when looking for acid for a friend's birthday I stumbled on ecstacy. I then became a huge raver for several years and was a club drug garbage can MDMA, LSD, GHB and K. Did coke during this time but mostly hated the comedown fiend.

I wound up suffering a horrible LTC from ecstacy but nobody really knew what it was back then. This cemented my opiate addiction which I had been toying with on and off since 13yrs old. This went on for 25yrs with methadone stints a long time benzos addiction on top and a few yrs of crack and IV coke abuse.

I rediscovered psychedelics around 2019 and I'm 3mths off methadone now with only some drinking, pot and psych use.

At the age of 15 I started smoking weed and drinking hard liquor. Started selling bud

At 17 I tried ice.

At 18 I was a club kid. Speed, x, acid, coke

By 19 was selling acid, x,weed, mushrooms

At 20 I was in college and needed some balance in my life. So I started using hydrocodone and Klonopin

Within the year I was a wholesaler for acid, hash, hydrocodone and mushrooms.

At 22 started using any opioids I could get my hands on. I became a walking pharmacy, I stopped planning for raves and only cared about getting more opioids and benzos

At 25 I decided to quit everything. I'm 34 happy , financially stable, healthy and still living mainly sober. I use low dose THC edibles with CBD.

Don't smoke, drink, or use drugs anymore.
I love my life and would never change it for anything.

Weww, it just about reached a stage where the prospect of taking LSD is far more daunting, unsettling to me than previously exciting.

My cannabis use though remains since 1997 like a buoy bobbing on water.

Never sinks out of sight just continually floats onwards at a similar rate according to the (metaphorical) weather.

I've had a few key loves throughout my drug use: ketamine, zolpidem, dextroamphetamine. Mescaline has been the drug that i am most connected to with regards to my values as a living entity. Opioids - heroin - defined the breaking point for me in 2008.

My first wave of use was classic esoterics and club drugs, largely following the wave of US society. I got started exploring LSD because it was around and mushrooms weren't, MDMA because of trance music,and ketaset. RC's became available in the first few years I was around, pushing the envelope into strange and uncharted territories with aMT, 2ct7, and foxy methoxy.. Around that time I started to hone in on my love for the k-hole, realized that zolpidem was nighttime magic fun, and things would phase in and out. I got my first San Pedro, Chuck, in the year 2000. I tried my first oxy around then as well, though it would be a few more years before I'd drive into Hyde Park, cop a bag from Indio, and taste heroin for the first time on the day the sox Paraded down Boylston in 2004, with Eric.

04-08 was a whirlwind of lost dreams, sucked into a syringe, clouded with diacetylmorphine and despair. I didn't have much direction, I had a college degree, but no idea how to do anything with it, I just wanted to have fun. I wasn't ready to grow up but the raves were gone and the drugs were getting less friendly. Heroin was a constant, sometimes cocaine. I took LSD in 2007 while high on dope, saw Roger Waters at the Fleet Center, and didn't trip again for a decade.

Recovery came in around 2008, and sobriety came with it for a few years. I discovered service work during this time, and went back to school. I realized that I could put my experiences to good use helping others, and I could apply myself as a person who'd suffered. I had started to realize that I didn't need to be ashamed of who I was. I wanted to get fucked up, but I kept the urge at bay for a while. I had secret nighttime trysts with ketamine, reconstituting rock salt keta shards into an almost admixture of ketamine for IM administration. Being an IV heroin made me no stranger to needles, so I shot my K at night, and went to grad school during the day, still "sober" from heroin, but trying to carve a new path.

Ambien became an escape at night from the daily grind of work and life, the one thing that could untense the brain muscle.... that sweet relax at the end of the day. Dextroamphetamine made those mornings feel more alive as well - ketamine filled in some of those night slots before the ambien, bringing lucid dreams to waking life.

I tripped again in 2016 for the first time, grew my own in 2018. Finally communed with mescalito that summer as well. It was a trip.

Nowadays I try to keep the stimulants low, the sedatives occasional, and let the dissociatives and psychedelics be special. Kratom is the only opioid for me.

There's a path and I just keep walking I guess.

After a bout with every addiction but the big one (I got hooked on downers/alcohol and on speed at different life stages, but never opiates), I gave it all up for 20 years. Now, in my 60's, I'm smoking pot and dabbling in psychedelics.

“We shall not cease from exploration

And the end of all our exploring

Will be to arrive where we started

And know the place for the first time."