• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How hard is it to make cannabis tea?

opiateman23

Bluelighter
I've read that its easier to brew tea than, say, making cannabutter. Anyway, I have about 5 grams. I haven't smoked cigarettes in years and I don't like smoking so, I need to some easy simple ideas on alt methods of ingesting the weed.

to make weed tea, you would have to make cannabutter or find something else full of fat to dissolve the THC in. literally brewing weed in only water is not really going to work because THC is not water soluble

^^ to make tea, you can use whole milk. i like to make it chai style. take a half mug of whole milk, almost a whole mug of water (you want it to end up 50/50 but a lot of the water will evaporate as you simmer) and bring to a light boil. put in your weed and keep it at a simmer stirring regularly for about 15 minutes, then put in some loose leaf chai tea and let it steep another 5 or so. then strain, add some honey, and enjoy.

^^ to make tea, you can use whole milk. i like to make it chai style. take a half mug of whole milk, almost a whole mug of water (you want it to end up 50/50 but a lot of the water will evaporate as you simmer) and bring to a light boil. put in your weed and keep it at a simmer stirring regularly for about 15 minutes, then put in some loose leaf chai tea and let it steep another 5 or so. then strain, add some honey, and enjoy.

Thanks for that recipe. Just curious - how much weed would you normally use for one mug of tea? A gram? Could you use the edible oil in place of the weed?

thanks

Tom

I just want to add that the OP might want to use considerably less than a gram, especially since they seem to have a low tolerance.

I can say that making weed drinks hits faster and harder than eating baked goods... I can definately feel 100mg of weed in milk, allthough it's not overkill.

I used the chai tea method. Almost like bhang. Tastes good. The high is like marinol almost. I moved and in my new state medical weed can be used. I go see a doctor on Friday. I don't have a high weed tolerance anymore. This tea got me stoned.