• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

How Far Can You Trust Dating Advice from a 10 Year Old?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
I’d really just post this story in the Social Thread if we had one but since we don’t here’s a thread.

I took my 10 year old daughter out to dinner last night. Usually I see her 1 evening a week and every second weekend.

Anyway on the way home she says out of the blue something like “You know Dad, it’s not too late for you, you could get a nice girlfriend. But honestly, you’d have to put in a bit of work first.”

We’ve recently started having more serious ‘grown-up’ conversations, so against my better judgement I replied “Uh huh…like what sweetheart?”

Then it’s like I’m suddenly in an alternate universe as she says “me and mummy” and more worryingly “me and my friends” have been workshopping this and have a few ideas…,and for the next 20 minutes I get this shopping list of necessary upgrades beginning with a change in diet and joining a gym to ‘lose that spare tyre’ and ending up with making a more regular effort to trim my nosehair.

And if that wasn’t enough she insisted I only date women my age or older and not too good looking because of the risk I “might look like a sugar daddy and that would be creepy”.

When I asked her if she had any ideas where I might meet an appropriate woman she said “Well, your not like mommy, when she goes to a bar with her friends there are always guys checking her out. You don’t have any hot friends and you might not get let into cool bars where mommy goes”.

I’m trying to decide whether to see the humour in this exchange or get into some really deep soul searching about getting my shit together before it really is too late!.

my daughter told me she was dating a man i asked her who? she said mike the mailman, then i say , oh honey he could be your father. she replies MOM AGE IS JUST A NUMBER! I dont think she understood, but yeah soul searching is intense, i did some, and hoping to find one

Last edited:
i wasnt talking about age, more like the gene pool
:facepalm:

she said mike the mailman, i was honey he could be your father.
I smell a rat. Are you telling her EVERYTHING? As in the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but he truth your Honor! :ROFLMAO:

I’d really just post this story in the Social Thread if we had one but since we don’t here’s a thread.

I took my 10 year old daughter out to dinner last night. Usually I see her 1 evening a week and every second weekend.

Anyway on the way home she says out of the blue something like “You know Dad, it’s not too late for you, you could get a nice girlfriend. But honestly, you’d have to put in a bit of work first.”

We’ve recently started having more serious ‘grown-up’ conversations, so against my better judgement I replied “Uh huh…like what sweetheart?”

Then it’s like I’m suddenly in an alternate universe as she says “me and mummy” and more worryingly “me and my friends” have been workshopping this and have a few ideas…,and for the next 20 minutes I get this shopping list of necessary upgrades beginning with a change in diet and joining a gym to ‘lose that spare tyre’ and ending up with making a more regular effort to trim my nosehair.

And if that wasn’t enough she insisted I only date women my age or older and not too good looking because of the risk I “might look like a sugar daddy and that would be creepy”.

When I asked her if she had any ideas where I might meet an appropriate woman she said “Well, your not like mommy, when she goes to a bar with her friends there are always guys checking her out. You don’t have any hot friends and you might not get let into cool bars where mommy goes”.

I’m trying to decide whether to see the humour in this exchange or get into some really deep soul searching about getting my shit together before it really is too late!.
Personal opinion: trust it. It's unfiltered and unbiased.

Gotta admit I was taken aback more than once by my own daughter at the same age and who somehow managed to perceive things that I wasn't seeing for myself at the time and for the very reasons given above. Of course: in true "adult" fashion I dismissed most. It never occurred to me that what she was saying was coming from a clean slate and she was seeing things for exactly what they were (this as opposed to taking criticism and input from some jaded a-n-other and usually with their own axe to grind or hidden agenda).

Last edited:
Wow @Perforated she does seem like a wise kid, and I think it's great you have a relationship where she's comfortable being so frank with you, despite the fact she was really quite cutting!!

It's up to you whether you follow her advice, but it can't hurt to exercise and look after yourself!

How is the lovelife at the moment if you don't mind saying? I'm assuming you don't tell your daughter everything you get up to :hehe::hehe:

I just put a feeder out there (with dalpat) like a year ago and he keeps bringing it up, because he knows I would rock his world... and he's scared, sure, but he's also excited.

He doesn't know what to think.

@Perforated

Your kid is a crack up. My daughter also goes straight for the jugular; it is one of the many, many things I love about her.

I just put a feeder out there (with dalpat) like a year ago and he keeps bringing it up, because he knows I would rock his world... and he's scared, sure, but he's also excited.
Oh. So you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Good thing that otherwise my humor would have been meaningless.

Last edited:
Tbh it sounds like she's been putting a lot of thought into your happiness and quality of life...which just means she loves you lol. That's very articulating commentary for a ten year old. You should be very proud. Plus it sounds like she's been considering what you could improve that would help your chances of being around longer.

Tbh it sounds like she's been putting a lot of thought into your happiness and quality of life...which just means she loves you lol. That's very articulating commentary for a ten year old. You should be very proud. Plus it sounds like she's been considering what you could improve that would help your chances of being around longer.
^ This. Precisely. Couldn't have said it better myself (without fucking it up that is).