• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

How far back can a prospective employer search one's CORI??

RaZkaL86

Bluelighter
Hey BL'ers...I am seriously in need of a real stable 40 hour get-a-paycheck kind of job...I've been doing the working for peanuts just to get my daily fix kind of job and frankly I'm soooo over it. To me my dilemma is my work history is fragmented to put it mildly. The last full-time job I had was like 2 years ago @ Red Robin.......yummmmmmm=D and I quit that one honestly cause I was in serious w/ds and my lower back was in agonizing pain....Before that I actually had a long term job at a full-service car wash(5 years) only cause there was tips and you could borrow against your paycheck.

Anyways I would love to apply for work but I'm afraid because I have a prior conviction for possession of a Class A substance even though it was 16 years ago. I've heard they only can go back 7 years or so...don't know if it's true...in the state of Massachusetts...does anyone know?? Much thanks to all!!!;)

do you have any convictions since 16 years ago? 7 years is the amount of time you have to wait to expunge a felony so if you haven't filed for expungement yet you could on that conviction, this would mean that the conviction would be stricken from the court record, not all crimes can be expunged fyi, and it takes about a year for the process to happen, plus you'd probably have to hire a lawyer... Legal advice might not be allowed so if I'm outta bounds someone moderate me...

That's the ONLY thing I've ever been arrested for...I'm basically a good boy; there is NOTHING else (that I'm aware of) cept now I got this summons to court(for something I didn't do) coming up...(see prior post #403 in the MA Heroin Thread) it's a messed -up situation I got myself in) and I don't see any way out besides appearing and enter my not guilty plea and hope it's really "innocent until proven guilty"...

Last edited:
I had no idea yall grew peanuts in Massachusetts.

As far as your question is concerned, I would apply for jobs that did not do a background check. There's plenty of them out there, just shy away from corporations.

There's no legal questions allowed so let's shy away from that area of discussion.