• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How exactly does aderall XR work?

tbhidek

Greenlighter
I understand that when you take it half of it gets released immediately and then after around +/- 4 hours the other half gets released. I just want to know exactly how the other half gets released. By that i mean does all of the second half immediately get released after it dissolves completely or does it keep on continuously dissolving so it's a constant release for a while? I also wanted to know if there is a lapse between the two doses. The reason i ask is because I've been taking 20mg Adderall xr and i feel the effects of the first dose but after about 3-5 hours I believe I start feeling them wearing off like getting hungry again and less awake/concentrated but after a little bit I start to feel them again. So im wondering if im just imagining that and really the 20mg xr only last me 3-5 hours or if the first dose wears off and there is a wait time before the second extended release dose is released?

The second half isn't released like, instantaneously if that's what you're wondering. It's probably going to follow what's called a Gaussian Curve. There shouldn't be a lapse in effect, although tolerance could cause your dose to wear off faster than you're used to. Due to the slower release of the second portion of the medication, it's not uncommon to interpret the extended-release Amphetamine products as being less powerful or intense.

It all depends on how you digest it. There is a protective coating over the second half that slowly gets dissolved over 3-5 hours. Once this protective coating is dissolved, the second half gets released. So to answer your question: yes, the second half gets released all at once. As far as the time between, it's different for every person depending how fast they dissolve the coating. When I would take it, I would experience a short period of time feeling calmer and relaxed before the second dose.

Adderall xr 20 mg according to drugs for professionals pharmokinetics produces levels similar to taking adderall ir in two doses. The average individual experiences peak levels of adderall at 8 hours after a roughly linear increase in levels over the first 8 hours followed by a degree in levels very closely matching the half life of 8 to 12 hours with roughly 40% remaining at 16 hours .