• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How does your family feel about your drug use?

den4

Greenlighter
So how does your family (parents, siblings, bf/gf) feel about your drug use? Do you hide it from them? If no, do they accept the fact you are taking drugs or are they trying to stop you from using them? Is it a big issue? My ex said she would leave me if I didn't quit. What about you? Has it ever been a problem in your relationships?

Last edited:
I am in pain management and have been a chronic pain patient for 30+ years so there is understanding for my situation. However, I have had an addictive personality forever. Therefore, I constantly walk a very thin line.

In fact, as I've written on these forums many times, my wife holds my meds for me and gives me my daily dose at her bedtime. It's an arrangement that's been very helpful to me because it's hard for me not to take more than I should particularly on nights I'm really hurting, which on my own devices would lead me to run out early every month. I'm seriously grateful she does this for me!

Hey den4.
I guess it depends on a large number of variables, specially about the kind and purpose of your drug usage.

I think our friend BeachBum4u has managed it pretty well with his S/O. Congrats on that, BTW.

I have no elderly family members to give you any piece of experience on it, but my ex-wife has always been against any kind of psychoactive drugs, recreational or therapeutic.
On the other hand I am pretty sincere about my treatment with my adolescent sons and I don't think it may bother them at all.
Talking about recreational drugs, tho, I tend to prevent them from noticing any kind of symptom that may make them notice something. But as times passes and the correct moment comes for them to know, I think it is a smart thing to share our experiences with our child and preventing them from learning from less trustable sources.

Back to your concernment, then, I think you could be a little bit more specific on your drug usage, so we can try to see better what is going on for you.

I'm with you Kejej on properly educating our youth regarding recreational drugs (and to some extent, prescription drugs as well). When I was much younger there was the DARE program and the "Just Say No" slogan being paraded about as a real solution to drug abuse. It didn't take long for even children to realize all that stuff was a bunch of crap! Of course, then all credibility is lost and any subsequent messages are not even heard.

What is needed is real accurate and timely information delivered to our youth, so they at least have something in their arsenal to make decisions with, when the time comes.

I am in pain management and have been a chronic pain patient for 30+ years so there is understanding for my situation. However, I have had an addictive personality forever. Therefore, I constantly walk a very thin line.

In fact, as I've written on these forums many times, my wife holds my meds for me and gives me my daily dose at her bedtime. It's an arrangement that's been very helpful to me because it's hard for me not to take more than I should particularly on nights I'm really hurting, which on my own devices would lead me to run out early every month. I'm seriously grateful she does this for me!

I have the same system with my wife! She used to hide the pills somewhere in the house but I would spend hours tearing the house apart while she was at work sometimes so I could get high.

We finally bought a safe. I have yet to break the safe open but it's only been a few months with the safe.

My family game up on me as being "straight" somewhere around 1965.

I'm now the eldest male of the family and the have to live with the fact that it was my choice and still made a good life despite all their fears. Quite a few have no idea of my colorful past.

Not to say I didn't many dark years; too many dark years.

They DESPISE it.

What exactly are you referring to, may I ask? FTR, my wife understands the predicament I'm in and doesn't mind one bit, especially in light of the current climate pain patients are forced to deal with regarding opiate abuse in the US. Despite tolerance issues, my meds have not been changed in 7 years!

Ive hidden it from them... I live a "normal" life, i try to keep the best appearance i can and live in the shadows of my "alter life". Hopefully they will never find out.