• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

how does tolerance develop and depleted dopamine?

davea1980

Greenlighter
I dont understand why my posts are gone, but there seem to be a strict etiquette of posting a simple message, but i try it again.

If a person took a Break of crushed Adderall for two weeks. After these two weeks the effect of Adderall was great again, i thought my tolernce was gone. But then after a week i tried it again and the effect was ZERO again. Even dispite the fact i took Tyrosine, magnesium, VitB&C during this two week break.

So could this be depleted dopamine and ahould i take Tyrosine? ( even i took it allready for two weeks) or is this caused by tolerance ( downregulation of the dopamine receptors). What is the most plausible option. I know tolerance builds up different per person, but i am wondering what this could be.

During the break i took Tyrosine and the effect was amazing after this break, but one week later it was GONE allready.
So from an amazing effect, to zero effect, one week later.

So what is the most plausible option. Tolerance ( desensitized receptors) or depleted Dopamine? i found out that, after the dose yesterday night which has ZERO effect, i woke up this morning very grumpy and irritated with negative thoughts. So depleted dopamine or tolerance? Tolerance even i take Adderall ONE A WEEK.??

tolerance, and a phenomena known as 'kindling'.
post-addiction your tolerance shoots up way, way faster than pre

and its cause you keep posting basically the same questions about tolerance and adderal - UTFSE

what does kindling means? something with withdrawal syndrom? ut i dont experience any problems during this break of Adderall. If i want i can quit for months.

and addiction? i only use it knce a week and dont have cravings to it. So is that addiction?

what is your advice? i think its best not to use more for weeks i think? to restore my tolerance

Last edited:
A person with an addicted brain has neural pathways that form when you use and when use stops the neural pathways begin to weaken; however if one is to use again before the pathway is significantly weakened then you're right back to where you were before. EXAMPLE(personal experience): Iv heroin and a break for 4 months then iv heroin again and the same amount is needed to get the same effect.

One way of thinking about this may be that you brain is imprinted with a kind of 'memory' of its addicted state. In its tendency towards homeostasis, or normal balance, it will re-establish a protection or tolerance against many substances very quickly if it has a history of exposure to them.