How does testosterone increasing blood count cause feelings of elation in a neurotypical?

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter
So I thought I may have bipolar disorder because I was getting an elated mood and increase sociability. Talked to a do for that seems to really know their stuff and she said that it’s not unusual if the dose is too high because it increases your blood cell count.

I do not understand how that causes what she said though. I do believe her. I just want to understand. So testosterone can be addicting mentally?

It's not because of increased red blood cell count. Testosterone has a direct effect on the brain and affects mood similarly to small doses of amphetamine, but without making proper sleeping and eating more difficult. Laboratory mice and rats even voluntarily self-dose it if given a chance. Large amounts can also affect GABA-A receptors.

I've been taking AC-262 (a SARM anabolic) for about the last three weeks to get in better physical shape, and even that had a really quick positive effect on mood despite mostly affecting only muscle and bone cells and having less than 30% of testosterone's intrinsic activity on other parts of the body (including the brain).

It's not because of increased red blood cell count. Testosterone has a direct effect on the brain and affects mood similarly to small doses of amphetamine, but without making proper sleeping and eating more difficult. Laboratory mice and rats even voluntarily self-dose it if given a chance. Large amounts can also affect GABA-A receptors.

I've been taking AC-262 (a SARM anabolic) for about the last three weeks to get in better physical shape, and even that had a really quick positive effect on mood despite mostly affecting only muscle and bone cells and having less than 30% of testosterone's intrinsic activity on other parts of the body (including the brain).
Interesting.
I have been considering visiting an endocrinologist for some time now.
Maybe 'SARMs' could be a viable option.

On the topic itself:
"TRT" is known to have some psychopharmacological effects.😉

Yeah and in all honesty i can see it being addictive. But I will say I lowered my dose today by 50. Took it down to 150 while waiting on dr to tell me if my T is too high now. They are waiting on blood tests and she said just keep taking the 200 the other provider prescribed until we get the blood work back but I wasn’t trying to risk a relapse because it does make me crave more and almost manic like. Although I may in fact be hypomanic.

I’m not sure so I asked my therapist and she said it’s too hard to tell with all the drug use over the past years but that she wants me to trial it at least two I started the ability today that’s been sitting on my table since I filled it. Fucking hate taking shit like this. I hate APs. I hate them taking away my energy and motivation and elation but she seems to think I can’t keep it going but I think I can.

If I keep taking T every week I will likely stay that way without meds interfering but she also says it’s dangerous and risky but wtf idgaf

I hate meds…but I trust her over me as I’ve known her 7 years and she has given me suggestions that I’ve taken before but also ones I disregarded and suffered the consequences she warned me about so I’m trialing it as much as I hate to.

I hope it doesn’t affect libido or mood too much. I’ve been feeling too good for the first time in ages.

What has your experience been so far with AC-262? Im curious about it myself and considering running 20mg for 60 days

What has your experience been so far with AC-262? Im curious about it myself and considering running 20mg for 60 days
First it seemed to have only a mild effect on strength, but then a few days ago I noticed that especially my performance in things where there is a large number of repetitions of same movement (how many sit-ups I can do at a time, how little effort it feels like to climb to 5th floor by stairs with fast pace) had improved dramatically. The effect on appearance in the mirror is that abdominal muscles and such are more clearly visible and not that obscured. But it doesn't cause any overtly fast growth in muscle size, even though my physical performance in some things is suddenly better that it was even as a teenager.

The dosage has been 20 mg/d most of the time divided to two doses a day.

Last edited:
Yup. Same here. But I get amazing mental effects from it. Amazing.

I notice that I can more easily lift weights. I can do nearly twice the amount of reps and only been doing it two weeks so far.

First it seemed to have only a mild effect on strength, but then a few days ago I noticed that especially my performance in things where there is a large number of repetitions of same movement (how many sit-ups I can do at a time, how little effort it feels like to climb to 5th floor by stairs with fast pace) had improved dramatically. The effect on appearance in the mirror is that abdominal muscles and such are more clearly visible without adipose tissue concealing them. But it doesn't cause any overtly fast growth in muscle size, even though my physical performance in some things is suddenly better that it was even as a teenager.

The dosage has been 20 mg/d most of the time divided to two doses a day.
Sounds great, Im not expecting huge gains from it. My goal would be to gain around 2kg of muscle from 20mg AC-262 for 60 days which I think should be doable and is a huge difference compared to natural progress.

Sounds great, Im not expecting huge gains from it. My goal would be to gain around 2kg of muscle from 20mg AC-262 for 60 days which I think should be doable and is a huge difference compared to natural progress.
I’m not going to experiment because I’m prescribed T but are anabolic steroids better or about equal to actual T? For building muscle?

I’m not going to experiment because I’m prescribed T but are anabolic steroids better or about equal to actual T? For building muscle?
Most anabolic steroids (AAS not SARMs) build muscle at about the same rate as eachother.

However they will have varying rates of aromatization (how much they convert into estrogen or similar metabolites), different levels of how androgenic they are and how much they bind to other tissue like the prostate for example.

Some steroids tend to cause more mental sides, 19-nor derived steroids like nandrolone, trenbolone, trestolone/MENT. Some are more ”dry” like primo or masteron due to reducing estrogen and reducing intracellular water etc. Some make you very very strong ie superdrol, anadrol, tren, halo.

But generally most injectable steroids will build muscle at a pretty similar rate to testosterone.

Just brought up a few examples of differences if youre unfamiliar with AAS but you should always do very extensive research on them before jumping on.

Also if you come across the androgenic to anabolic ratio when learning about AAS it is a really outdated way of measuring 😅.
People on forums love touting how since tren has a 500:500 rating its 5x stronger than test whereas once you use tren you will very quickly realize that 100mg tren is not going to give you a 500mg test physique.

Tren is still no joke though and id still say its somewhere around close to 3x more potent that test and has an increased effect on nutrient partitioning unlike most steroids + very impressive strength gains.

Most anabolic steroids (AAS not SARMs) build muscle at about the same rate as eachother.

However they will have varying rates of aromatization (how much they convert into estrogen or similar metabolites), different levels of how androgenic they are and how much they bind to other tissue like the prostate for example.

Some steroids tend to cause more mental sides, 19-nor derived steroids like nandrolone, trenbolone, trestolone/MENT. Some are more ”dry” like primo or masteron due to reducing estrogen and reducing intracellular water etc. Some make you very very strong ie superdrol, anadrol, tren, halo.

But generally most injectable steroids will build muscle at a pretty similar rate to testosterone.

Just brought up a few examples of differences if youre unfamiliar with AAS but you should always do very extensive research on them before jumping on.
Well, I don’t plan on using derivatives because I’m getting pure testosterone cypionate 200mg I’m a week prescribed so kinda would be overkill.

I already think it’s too high. Dunno why he started me on max dose. But I am stronger already but been working out since starting because why not? If I can get a lot of gains and why not in general. Makes me feel good mentally; exercise.

I think my dose is too high because my total E is 195 pg!!! They don’t have my total T back yet but I don’t have any symptoms of high estrogen. So maybe they need the ratio? Idk…thinking more in terms of safety.

So anabolic are superior?

Also if you come across the androgenic to anabolic ratio when learning about AAS it is a really outdated way of measuring 😅.
People on forums love touting how since tren has a 500:500 rating its 5x stronger than test whereas once you use tren you will very quickly realize that 100mg tren is not going to give you a 500mg test physique.

Tren is still no joke though and id still say its somewhere around close to 3x more potent that test and has an increased effect on nutrient partitioning unlike most steroids + very impressive strength gains.
Interesting- but I already feel like I’m getting addicted to TC so maybe a bad idea for me.

I think my dose is too high because my total E is 195 pg!!! They don’t have my total T back yet but I don’t have any symptoms of high estrogen. So maybe they need the ratio? Idk…thinking more in terms of safety.
Hmm, is your body fat % high? The more body fat you have the more active your aromatase enzyme will be. This will convert more testosterone into estrogen.

And how often do you inject your testosterone? The more often you pin the more stable blood levels you will have as opposed to pinning like twice a week. If you pin daily (you could do subq microadministrations daily) youll have much more stable levels and aromatize less.

Id say talk to ur doctor first, you could lose bodyfat, pin more often, lower your dose, see how it affects your estrogen levels.

Hmm, is your body fat % high? The more body fat you have the more active your aromatase enzyme will be. This will convert more testosterone into estrogen.

And how often do you inject your testosterone? The more often you pin the more stable blood levels you will have as opposed to pinning like twice a week. If you pin daily (you could do subq microadministrations daily) youll have much more stable levels and aromatize less.

Id say talk to ur doctor first, you could lose bodyfat, pin more often, lower your dose, see how it affects your estrogen levels.
My bmi is 26. So I’m overweight. But I’m all honesty compared to most Americans that’s not that bad. Still can’t compare that and discern it’s healthy lol.

It’s not. That’s one reason I started exercising two weeks ago and been going hard but too hard I pushed it running one day and think I tore my miniscus. Strange because not any swelling to the eye but pain is extreme. Had X-rays and those were normal and no arthritis so idk. They did an ultrasound. But he said if it doesn’t get better he can do a steroid injection and an mri.

But I think it will be fine.

Sorry off topic- I am in the USA so highly doubt she will let me take it daily tho I like that idea better. So 200mg tc isn’t that high?

I know it’s the max approved therapeutic dose in the states tho but compared to anabolic steroids it’s not that high?

What do you think about AI?

Hey @Juicewrldfan, I'm gonna move this thread over to Sports & Image Enhancing Drugs. The mods and regulars there have good perspectives and a lot of knowledge on the subject.