• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How does a Propylhexedrine inhaler work?

polarthedog

Bluelighter
Okay, so is the drug just in a vaporized form somehow 24/7? It’s not like it’s a spray, you inhale vapors and they get you sped up, how?

It’s in its freebase form, which is an oil and more volatile than a salt. This is why when you extract the cottons it’s good to use an acidic solution like dilute distilled vinegar. Turns it into the acetate salt.

-GC

Porpylhexedrine freebase, like amphetamine freebases and many other phenethylamines, is a volatile oil in its pure form. The cotton is soaked in it, so it gives off vapors which you inhale when you breathe it in. Vicks inhalers (which have L-methamphetamine in them, which by the way is not a good time like D-meth) work the same way. I read the package once and you get like 0.8mg per inhale or something. Maybe the wrong number, but that's how it works.

Thanks, that answers the question perfectly

Vick’s has l methamphetamine in it? In America? I mean I know you said it’s not a good time, but that’s still surprising.

I’m still surprised that an otc inhaler got me that stimulated.

Yep, at least in america Vic's has L Meth. I believe they spell it differently on the dosage instructions, probably so people don't freak out because they're inhaling meth.

L meth is completely useless recreationally so given the ease of manufacture it's a great choice for an otc product

Yep, at least in america Vic's has L Meth. I believe they spell it differently on the dosage instructions, probably so people don't freak out because they're inhaling meth.

L meth is completely useless recreationally so given the ease of manufacture it's a great choice for an otc product
Wouldn’t it make you fail a drug test?

Levoamphetamines are purely/mostly physical acting afaik this isn't what one wants but there are some interesting reports of people getting high on L-meth. At least in methylphenidate the L isomer isn't as inactive as it should be, I quite prefer racemic MPH over isolated D-MPH (Focalin). Never had the chance to try a levo amphetamine yet though.

I've extracted and drank a Vick's inhaler, containing 50mg of L-meth (oops, I mean levmetamfetamine 😂). I felt a brief euphoric rush, and then it was horrible... so much adrenaline, I almost felt like I was having a panic attack, my heart was pounding and I got a bad headache and just felt so bad. Never again.

I have heard that having a bit of the levo isomer in meth makes it more recreational, personally I haven't tried, only pure D-meth (which was plenty recreational).