• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How Do You Take Your 5-HTP? (A 5-HTP Success Story!)

I have usually done the 5-HTP on an empty stomach about 30 minutes before. Never afterwards. And pace yourself. I would say I would do 2 drops a night and only one 5-HTP - I remember reading something years back - saying it didn't help to much afterwards. I never have myself noticed orange juice helping or not - but I would do vitamin tabs before as well. Oh - I did notice taking it with gatoraid - seems like it was much more intense. Gatoraid kinda helps get stuff through your system faster. Works with alcohol as well... LOL...

My problem with 5-HTP is this (from wikipedia):

"5-HTP raises blood serotonin levels, and because of the risks associated with elevated levels it should only be taken under the advice of a medical professional (See Chronic diseases resulting from serotonin 5-HT2B overstimulation). For instance, elevated blood serotonin levels are associated with cardiac valve failure and acute or chronic pulmonary hypertension."

Certainly taking it once in awhile seems fine, but every day seems rather risky to me.

As to it affecting MDMA... I've seen people say it helped their roll. I've seen people say it hurt their roll. I've seen people say it did nothing for their roll. Sounds rather placebo-rific to me.