• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How do you properly and successfully boil lye into GHB that was made too low of a ph?

I do not know the answer to your question but I pray to God you get 100% of that lye out before drinking any of that G

Add acid into the solution, simple. Just make sure it's something you can safely consume. I would use either citric acid or ascorbic acid (vitamin C). Both are powders.

You should have used less lye in the first place. It's not a big deal if some unconverted GBL remains in the solution.

Add acid into the solution, simple. Just make sure it's something you can safely consume. I would use either citric acid or ascorbic acid (vitamin C). Both are powders.

You should have used less lye in the first place. It's not a big deal if some unconverted GBL remains in the solution.
indeed GBL is a bit tasty but harmless when diluted.

NaOH is nasty shit.

This is a harm reduction forum, so I think, is GBL with lye or GHB salt less dangerous. The latter, although it gives a mean dependence and have a very narrow dosage span.

So, how do you do your synthesis? Just add NaOH to the lactone? Dissolve the NaOH in distilled water first (be careful with the heat..) let it cool, then add small amounts of it to the lactone. stir for a while and the solution gets warm, the reaction is exothermic. If you add too much at once you risk a boiling, vile liquid all around the area. Use a glass beaker, at first the two liquids layer, when you have a clear liquid with a pH around 7 you are done.

This is a harm reduction forum, so I think, is GBL with lye or GHB salt less dangerous. The latter, although it gives a mean dependence and have a very narrow dosage span.

So, how do you do your synthesis? Just add NaOH to the lactone? Dissolve the NaOH in distilled water first (be careful with the heat..) let it cool, then add small amounts of it to the lactone. stir for a while and the solution gets warm, the reaction is exothermic. If you add too much at once you risk a boiling, vile liquid all around the area. Use a glass beaker, at first the two liquids layer, when you have a clear liquid with a pH around 7 you are done.
Ph strips are a requirement when forming GHB from GBL. The exothermic reaction is another point that need's regard. As well as eye goggles and gloves! Got it in my eyes once. Bad shit!

The Ph tells you when the NaOH has all reacted, a bit to much GBL is safer then to much NaOH or Lye in layment term's.

excess NaOH need's to be countered, by adding more GBL or another counter measurement.

Last edited:

Add first GBL and NaOH in your container. Nothing will happen until you add H2O.
Add the water slowly to avoid it boiling and spraying around the room. The reaction is very exothermic. As you said yourself do not add too much at once.

Sounds like perfection. What do you think about a higher ph…. Around, say 8?

Lots of good points. What would you say is the perfect ph for GHB? 7? Or go high with an 8? Would you ever go higher than an 8?

What is the Ph of GBL? I believe a bit acidic right and NaOH is a strong base. 2% or more in water is considered corrosive, watch out. It will damage tissue! A Ph of 7 would be what I would be aiming for. Neutral.

GBL can be drunken diluted or ingested within gelcap's. But will burn your mucous membrane pure.

The antidote for might you spill NaOH on you is Vinegar. Think of the scene from the fight club. It behaves like the blood of Alien's (the movie)

Last edited:

Thank you.

How much NaOH and distilled water am I combining? For the then liquid NaOH

Bring to a slight boil, let it do that for 5 min. If boiling gets to be to much add about 5 ml of distilled water, it help break down lye.
Lye, which imo is NaOH. Is a base so when the Ph is 7 or lower it should all have reacted. Men just dissolve some NaOH in water put a Ph strip in it. Take your GBL, different beaker, do the same. That will gave you some basic insight on Ph value's. Then start your further action's.

NaOH will burn a hole in your skin in contact. Watch out please!

btw Breaking down Lye is bullshit, it is dissolve-able in water. Pure NaOH that is.

How much NaOH and distilled water am I combining? For the then liquid NaOH
That is totally dependent on the individual.

But back then a certain amount that makes measuring it easy. So for example 100 ml liquid containing 1 gram of GHB, you'll have to take in account how many ml's GBL you gonna add. This is purely a fictional example as i have no idea what amount's i used.

120 ml GBL will make 198 gram of GHB.
NaOH 40 grams a 100 ml water. Just read that somewhere so if you are really gonna do this search out a proper TEK or advise from someone like Psykoton.

Last edited: