• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How do you go about a tolerance break

treezy z

Bluelighter
I'm looking to lower my weed tolerance. I usually smoke about an eight or a quarter a week which lasts 2-4 days, and that's only day high most of the day and the other days only late night. I don't even get that high on bud that gets other people faded.

I've dabbled in synthetics which undoubtedly raised my tolerance greatly. I was considering going back on those but from what I'm seeing the last generation or two is scary shit. I used them from back when OG spice was out up til about AB-fubinica days, last I used was THJ-2201 which felt cancerous as hell.

How long a period of no smoking am I looking at?

I definitely wouldn't go back to synthetics, both for safety reasons and because regular herb or concentrates feels WAYYY better to me.
I would just smoke less weed until you can quit, if you have trouble sleeping try smoking the minimal amount you can to get to sleep and work on relaxation and meditation techniques to help you fall asleep with a reduced dose.
The main thing that makes it hard for me to ever take a break from weed is the fucking insomnia >.<

With that being said I usually find two weeks to a month without herb resets my tolerance, however it doesn't take long to come back, and the worst of the withdrawal symptoms are gone after about a week, can usually sleep again decently after 2-5 days

I recently went for 2 weeks myself it helped. A month is the better goal.

Synthetics shouldn't even be an option. They didn't turn out to be these magical drugs with no side effects like we had hoped. They should be avoided at all costs.

i grab a bottle of melatonin, box of chamomile tea (both for the evening) and do small exercises during the day to stimulate appetite. a multivitamin is also good for stimulating appetite if you're lazy.

I'm not lazy at all I move heavy shit around all day and often use a bike instead driving for short trips (no DUI that way.)

I'm not worried about withdrawals I drink, sip sizzerp do rails sometimes etc. Just tolerance.

I taper, slowly decreasing my frequency and quantity consumed. After a couple weeks and before you know it, you're down to smoking 1-2 small pipe hits a couple times a day, and, before you know it, it's been like 2 days and you realize you've forgotten to smoke since you're no longer used to smoking every other hour.

The obsession over the ritual of smoking has weakened significantly as your days no longer revolve around sessions and new habits have taken their place over these weeks. At this point, it's easy as hell to just walk away. I take it a step further and taper down to 5.5mg THC (a quarter of a sixth of a hash oil chocolate bar) taken once in the morning for medicinal and maintenance purposes. After that, it's easy as pie since there's absolutely no symptoms of cutting out the edibles.

2 weeks being clean is all that is needed. also, when u come back, yeah u can think that i don't have to smoke so often, but most often you just end back on the same path you were before ( just give it half, maybe one week )...this have happened to me countless times. for me it's easy, i have no way of growing my own, so i buy and when i'm out of money i'm forced to take a break. 2 weeks is usually enough for me to get back to basics.