Mental Health How do You Feel Less Discouraged?

Ismene2

Bluelighter
Just remembering when the school handed everyone a bible and I went home and one section "words for those feeling discouraged" and I started reading and I couldnt make head nor fucking tail of it -"And jesus said "Lo". (?)

What do you read/do/remember when feeling discouraged?

Good question.

I try to remember one of my best mates. He lost his battle and passed away last year but was an inspiration none the less. It hurts to remember but his outlook and motivation to keep going had a profound effect on me. I listen to his music and try to draw strength from that.

Just remembering when the school handed everyone a bible and I went home and one section "words for those feeling discouraged" and I started reading and I couldnt make head nor fucking tail of it -"And jesus said "Lo". (?)

What do you read/do/remember when feeling discouraged?
I'm not religious at all but I have always liked the Serenity Prayer:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference

I believe in God but am having difficult time with my faith right now. I used to read my bible everyday and sometimes would listen on hikes while living in colorado. I still pray everyday but not as intensely as before.
For now i guess all i can do is try to do better than yesterday and hope some day ill have enough good days to outweigh the bad days

Changed the title. Let me know if it works.

I try to tell myself that it passes with time. I try to distract myself. I tell myself that real milestones take time, and that what I'm doing is currently in line with the vision of my greater goals.

i often think to look to the good things ive done, move forward from the not so good, and remember that i have been thru horrid times and made it out sometimes better for my learning mistakes or lifes harsh circumstances, its odd but i remind self is never as bad as what i can let my mind think, and do my best not to beat self up,and keep trying to improve self a lil bit everyday,i can fall into the trap of stinkin thinkin,, its easy to become bitter and if i feel discouraged thats ok too, try not to get stuck in the proverbial rut,hard to be positive all the time for me. thats not the full human experience for me, sometimes a pep talk or tough love, a kick in the pants and step away from fearing that ill fail, cant always succeed right away yah know?, whats thee ol adage or cliche? when a window smashes your fingers you kick down a door? I forget.....