• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

how do you feel about armed forces using MDMA for PTSD?

hahaha nah, no offence taken :p I think a large part of the issue you speak of comes from people not quoting the post they're replying to or addressing the member who posted it....so it's all up for speculation as to who the hell they were directing it at...And unfortunately in some cases, it can potentially be directed at any one of a few posts...like our situation :p

How exactly does one use MDMA for PTSD? Do they under go counseling or therapy while they are rolling? Do they take small doses, mid sized, doses, hefty doses? Multiple sessions or do you likely get a realization from 1 session and work from there? Intriguing to say the least. Ive used MDMA in various forms perhaps a dozen times over the years, but not really understanding how the roll could be used in a healing sense.

How exactly does one use MDMA for PTSD? Do they under go counseling or therapy while they are rolling? Do they take small doses, mid sized, doses, hefty doses? Multiple sessions or do you likely get a realization from 1 session and work from there? Intriguing to say the least. Ive used MDMA in various forms perhaps a dozen times over the years, but not really understanding how the roll could be used in a healing sense.

There's different regimes, but it's usually 3 or 4 MDMA-assisted therapy sessions with a trained therapist. The idea is that MDMA allows the PTSD sufferer to re-live the painful memories which they have blocked. PTSD is often caused by a disturbing event creating a traumatic memory of the event. By talking through the painful memories in a state of self-acceptance, warmth and content with life, they are able to re-wire how the memory is then re-lived whenever they think about it in the future. MDMA is specifically good because of how it blocks activation of the brain's stress/anxiety networks. In PTSD sufferers, whenever the memory is triggered it usually causes a strong stress/anxiety response. So, during MDMA the memory can basically be brought up without triggering high stress/anxiety to the sufferer. Then combining that with the state of self-acceptance and well-being, the memory can be accepted and effectively neurally re-wired so it doesn't trigger the same response in the future.

Does anybody know if physiological or other biological components other than the sessions themselves move in a positive step in regards to what we're talking about so far

I don't understand what you mean?

I saw that you mentioned PTSD therapy as going in distributed sessions with conditioning, JWills20. Do you know if it acts like a medicine too, because I don't really know much about it even though I started the thread confidently at first.

My brother is a soldier and is the furthest thing from a sadistic fuck as it gets. Just because you met a couple meatheads doesnt mean theyre all like that, not even close. My brother returned home from Iraq with war injuries and a Purple Heart but Ive never even asked him what happened over there for fear of him possibly reliving PTSD type memories. Reason why Im interested in these things, and would love to know how often it works/has positive outcomes.

I have PTSD from shit that happened without violence or being part of an invading army.
I'm sorry to hear about your brother, but I personally have more interest in helping civil society, and my own opinion is that trauma victims who have not knowingly gone into armed conflict would be a more effective use of this treatment.
I'm not prejudiced against soldiers, but I think that governments may see this as a way of neglecting their responsibilities to returned service men and women.

I saw that you mentioned PTSD therapy as going in distributed sessions with conditioning, JWills20. Do you know if it acts like a medicine too, because I don't really know much about it even though I started the thread confidently at first.

It's nothing like traditional medicine. You don't take it every day. It's a few one off sessions.

Why citizens first? I mean, anyone with PTSD should have this treatment option available, but there is a definite need for the use in soldiers given that MILITARY sources claim anywhere from 25-40% of all soldiers returning home have some degree of PTSD. I assume the Gov't will downplay any negative thing directly link to them, therefore I suspect the real number to be 50-75%. Many of these go undiagnosed or ineffectually treated, and some side effects include violent outburst, chemical dependence, and suicide...Maybe a case could be made that they knew this might happen (again, I sure the recruiter downplayed this, just simple marketing...Hey join us, if you don't come home in a body bag, you can always become another statistic, maybe off yourself here on home turf), recruiters often look specifically for young adults (whose brains have yet to fully develop), a group to which the majority of folks view as having poor judgment, highly susceptible to peer/societal pressure, with unrealistic invulnerability complexes. IDK, as someone who lost a father despite being physically around (He used to be a no-nonsense, my way or the highway type, until he came back; He'd avoid every conflict, even when dealing with undeserved bills, for fear that if he let himself get upset, he might snap in a violent way...) The dude who came home was not my father, at best, just a friend. Before, if I talked shit, I'd get my ass handed to me (deservingly, made me who I am). Now if we argue, he has to leave, to avoid taking it too far.

I really feel like the Gov't owes it to him to do everything in the power to help him out, especially since through all this, he has remained an unwavering Patriot, and if they needed and would take him, he'd be gone tomorrow.

Help civil society first? What you think Reserves/Nat Guard folks are when they come home?

Those of you who feel like soldiers shouldn't be getting this, just curious, y'all Vets, or the close friend/relative of one? If you seen what I did, I don't see how you could be anything other than an advocate, (unless your concern is over MDMAs effectiveness).

I mean, my dad sleeps with a knife under his pillow. If I wake him from a dream, I often get a knife in my face until he realizes that there is no threat. He has to keep his hunting rifle at a friend's, because sometimes depression hits, and it's not safe having it in the house. His favorite holiday, as a diehard believer in this nation, used to be Independence Day...For the past 8yrs or so, come the night of July 3rd, he triples his sleep meds, hoping to not wake til July 5th, because he lost the ability to enjoy fireworks. Oddly having bombs shot at you on a weekly basis can really alter your view on even mild explosives.

My dad LOVES this country, and gave it his all. Yeah, he knew the risks, but he felt it was his civic duty. However, never once was it explained that there was a high likely that instead of dying in honor (during battle), he would live with a psychologically-altering disorder which is often stigmatized, denied (only pussies get PTSD, if you got it, your less than a man), or swept under the rug. Knowing that, I think he still woulda went, cuz he believes in the shit. But that in know way means that he should be denied what may be the most effective treatment...I mean, that supposition there strikes me the same as, "Dude got his legs blown off due to an IED, but he knew that was a possibility, so fuck fixing that shit, cuz he 'kinda' indirectly asked for it". FUCK THAT LOGIC, straight up. That's some inhumane shit right there. I know crossing the street could one day result in being hit buy a vehicle, but if that happens, should I be denied treatment, since I shoulda foreseen such a possibility? I doubt anyone would make that claim, yet I crossed the street due to self-interest, not the (perceived) greater good. Should promiscuous individuals be denied VD treatment, since they sorta had it coming?

Dankplantgrower, my dad has a small group of Vets he served with who have become very close friends. Some the best dudes I ever met, no contest. They treat me great, despite my being a punk who listened to, say, Anti-Flag's Terror State album a few hundred times when it first hit. And on the not asking details, my dad has told me maybe 10% of the shit he seen, even though he knows we can talk bout anything. I think he does this to safeguard me. My lil bro was 13 at the time, and while over there, I dad had to open fire on kids my bro age, that or die. That kinda shit fucks with your head, especially since my father prefers nonviolence. When he does talk, he's wasted for the following week, and this is a dude who might drink a 12pk/month.

Lastly, I don't mean to come off as an ass, and I ain't looking to flame...Just this issue is very close to heart. And to say that Vets have somewhat less of a claim to treatment is entirely short-sighted and cruel IMO. BTW, who you think helped get Gov't testing underway. A large push was from our Armed Forces, cuz they recognize this as a problem, and they want it fix (whether it be in the interest of helping (ex)Soldiers, or simply to better their Military).