• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction How do you deal with travelling abroad when dependent on a controlled substance?

That Turkish looking add (correct me if wrong) showes not only root's, which are most probably (freeze) dried at least, but also showes the leaves and flower's. Which are not active. Are they in there also?

I don't know. Based upon what I know of Turks? Yes.

An alcohol extract solution should be just the thing for OP if they are not interested in root tea. I'm glad you brought it up. It is one of my personal favorites and I have used it to fantastic effect to relieve anxiety.

An alcohol extract solution should be just the thing for OP if they are not interested in root tea. I'm glad you brought it up. It is one of my personal favorites and I have used it to fantastic effect to relieve anxiety.
My knowledge of Turkish eh, 'Tembel Tolsjuk', Tube Tube and halal and haram. My friend 's and collegua's where from Turkey.

These last ones the Turkish don't really interpreted (halal/ haram) vey well, as the have no health care except when you are employed or in Nl. They are corrrupt and trying to kill the Koordinasi, and their dictator fit's in the Muppet Show imo, Erdogan still right?

Erdogan still right?

Yes, may God protect and keep his Excellency.

300px-Prime_Minister_Recep_Tayyip_Erdogan_Lebanon_rally_2010.jpg

If you have a potent powder and a prescription to anything in a capsule; you can always dump about 1/3 of em out and fill em with said powder. I really doubt the cops would search the inside of your prescribed capsules; and even if by some longshot they did....you still got 2:1 odds they come up with a legit pill. And if they don't would they know anyways?

I wish I was still prescribed those giant ass lyrica capsules lol.

One thing I read is that basic TSA security is really only focused on bombs/guns/threats. When you figure how many people travel everyday, you know they don't have time or desire to slow things down with intensive searches. Too many pissed off travelers behind you in line who would be also slowed down. The exception to that, I have heard, is maybe if the x-ray shows a big quantity, like a bag of pills or powder. But hell, I travel with all kinds of bottles of Tylenol and Advil and vitamins, as do many people. Or if you present a suspicious profile. But yes, I also heard that the machines they have are mega sensitive. I don't think they have time to really get in depth with them on TSA security, but I'm always worried about checked baggage.
I don't NEED to travel with drugs because I don't have any addictions (though I do often travel with a bag of good coffee ;) )but my trips usually involve hiking and backpacking and I like to have something for emergency pain for if I hurt myself remote in the mountains, so I will bring a couple vicodins mixed in with my bottle of Tylenol, which they look identical to except for the markings. Sometimes I bring a Xanax or Ativan (I have an old script for them, they are my emergency stash since I do have an official bottle). But I do end up worrying about it.
One real drag above not being able to bring opiates is that they are so therapeutically useful for travel: good for pain, a cough, and diarrhea (well, and for mood improvement, too ;) )Years ago, my doctor was willing to write me a script for a bottle of codeine just for travel, but alas no more. And fewer countries allow you to buy them OTC.
So true. Weapons are what they’re really looking for. Do not travel with those.

I was travelling with a friend through the security check and he had a 5kg sealed bag of magnesium chloride flakes in his carry-on backpack. It was totally legit, but they inspected the hell out of that bag. 🤣

The poster that advised me a second opinion showed me a bottle of Valerian extracted from fresh roots. I assume they use a extraction technique that conserverves the Valerenic Acid (cold extraction?). It was in a dropper bottle, probably Biologically grown etc.

That Turkish looking add (correct me if wrong) showes not only root's, which are most probably (freeze) dried at least, but also showes the leaves and flower's. Which are not active. Are they in there also?

Btw. Turkish OTC med's maybe less strict then EU, but the good all day's are long gone. Anything OTC I saw was non recreational. Except maybe DXM, which is not even available any more in Nl. neither OTC or prescribe. Way to much interaction's was the excuse. Way to much recreational potential most probably the motivation. So thing's like 7.6 mg Codeine pill's with Paracetamol and Caffein, Fluoxetine, Doxylamine and Opipramol.
That's what I encountered, liked that last one.

And l-Theanine, wish i could try, but a decent dose every day costs a fortune overhere so I will pass. But it sounds nice on paper.
I’ve tried mega doses of l-theanine and it doesn’t have any effect, but that could be my high opiate plus benzo tolerance/already sedated state.

look into getting yourself some phenibut if your in a pinch. look at the legal status of phenibut in the country your going to. not sure if you have time to wait for it to come in the mail or not but that's a good option

look into getting yourself some phenibut if your in a pinch. look at the legal status of phenibut in the country your going to. not sure if you have time to wait for it to come in the mail or not but that's a good option
Thanks for the suggestion. I won't have time to get it before going. I think if anything I'll just grab a beer or two. For now it's been around 36 hours since my last dose of 0.25mg and apart from a bit of trouble falling asleep, it's fine. Bit anxious, but I'm a bad flier at the best of times

Serious you are the second person on Bluelight that had great effect's from Valerian.

Is it like Lemon Balm or Passiflora, a GABA-t inhibitor or a partial agonist of the GABA-a receptor's. Like Benzo's and Magnolia Bark (on paper).
Can you actually feel it. Mind i am used to the placebo pill's, not questioning the effectivety of a good preperation of fresh Valerian root.

Serious you are the second person on Bluelight that had great effect's from Valerian.

Is it like Lemon Balm or Passiflora, a GABA-t inhibitor or a partial agonist of the GABA-a receptor's. Like Benzo's and Magnolia Bark (on paper).
Can you actually feel it. Mind i am used to the placebo pill's, not questioning the effectivety of a good preperation of fresh Valerian root.

I can actually feel it. It is about the same strength a high as lemon balm. Maybe 10% stronger. So if you can feel lemon balm you should probably be able to feel it.

...you kind of have to tune your system to feel it. Maybe take some St. John's Wort 20 minutes before hand if you really want to feel the Valerian kick in. Mind you Valerian only produces like a 20 min. high.

I'm very glad that you brought this up. When I first came to this site I had wanted to find someone to explore the mellower highs with. You know another high you might like, is Sorrel? That's a grand one.

...if you actually seriously want to get high on Valerian, then get a bag of the roots. Take three tablespoons of the roots and run it through your blender with warm water. Pour into a tea pot. Add boiling water up to the line in the tea pot. Cover with a lid (VERY IMPORTANT!!) so that the oils don't evaporate out. Put the tea pot in your refrigerator for three, count them, three days so that it can steep and steep.

Best time to feel the high? First thing in the morning. Come out of your bedroom and strain off the brew. Should be a glass to a glass and a half and you will be singing in the shower. Let me know if that doesn't do it for you.

The reason I got so excited when someone mentioned valerian is because it's one of my favorites to use while traveling. Most vitamin stores carry it. It's not really expensive and it's legal anywhere that I'm likely to travel. Such a nice mellow high.

I can actually feel it. It is about the same strength a high as lemon balm. Maybe 10% stronger. So if you can feel lemon balm you should probably be able to feel it.

...you kind of have to tune your system to feel it. Maybe take some St. John's Wort 20 minutes before hand if you really want to feel the Valerian kick in. Mind you Valerian only produces like a 20 min. high.

I'm very glad that you brought this up. When I first came to this site I had wanted to find someone to explore the mellower highs with. You know another high you might like, is Sorrel? That's a grand one.

...if you actually seriously want to get high on Valerian, then get a bag of the roots. Take three tablespoons of the roots and run it through your blender with warm water. Pour into a tea pot. Add boiling water up to the line in the tea pot. Cover with a lid (VERY IMPORTANT!!) so that the oils don't evaporate out. Put the tea pot in your refrigerator for three, count them, three days so that it can steep and steep.

Best time to feel the high? First thing in the morning. Come out of your bedroom and strain off the brew. Should be a glass to a glass and a half and you will be singing in the shower. Let me know if that doesn't do it for you.

The reason I got so excited when someone mentioned valerian is because it's one of my favorites to use while traveling. Most vitamin stores carry it. It's not really expensive and it's legal anywhere that I'm likely to travel. Such a nice mellow high.
Apperently Valerian didn't like my soil that much so the root's where not not use able. But another poster advised me too buy a wholesome/ bio extract of the fresh root. As he or she had good result's with it. Btw I don't actually feel the Lemon Balm or Passiflora Incarnata but have hope they are not merely placebo. But there was one poster who qualified pure Valerenic acid as potent enough to feel.

Erythrina Mulungu, which I also don't really feel used to have a very positive effect in inducing sleep, like natural sleep. Its also a anti-convulsant, anti-anxiolytic and anti- depressant. But has no direct GABA-ergic action. Very interesting tree bark. As is Magnolia Bark. An agonist of the GABA-a receptor on paper.

Never heard of Sorrel, will look it up. Some kinda Hibiscus but un-findable. And the general things about Hibiscus I read mention nothing sedative. So what is Sorrel? A Latin name would help or a link.

Last edited:

Interesting. It grows all over where I live, including in my yard.

..if you actually seriously want to get high on Valerian, then get a bag of the roots. Take three tablespoons of the roots and run it through your blender with warm water. Pour into a tea pot. Add boiling water up to the line in the tea pot. Cover with a lid (VERY IMPORTANT!!) so that the oils don't evaporate out. Put the tea pot in your refrigerator for three, count them, three days so that it can steep and steep.
I don't necessarily have to get high on it, if it just helps with reducing my benzo intake I'm fine. So far I tried brewing a tea from the roots, but I guess that's not an efficient thing to do. I foumd the paper that came in the bag with the roots and it said they must be cooked for 15 minutes and then cool down another 15. But I guess getting high wasn't on the mind of whoever wrote that indication (though probably that person knows exactly how to)

Just so everyone is aware, I was arrested in Turkey about 8 years ago. I won't get into it all right now, but it was drug related and incredibly stupid, even for me. They will definitely give you a hard time if anything goes wrong. I was lucky that I was registered as a teacher with the government. I believe this was a big reason that I avoided the Turkish legal system. I still went through various forms of custody for a little over a month, withdrawing from Opioids, Benzodiazepines/Barbiturates.

I know you're all gonna think I'm crazy or telling stories. I'm gonna dig up my paperwork from when I was expelled from the country and post it for you guys. I will tell the whole story if someone pays me enough ;)

Just so everyone is aware, I was arrested in Turkey about 8 years ago. I won't get into it all right now, but it was drug related and incredibly stupid, even for me. They will definitely give you a hard time if anything goes wrong. I was lucky that I was registered as a teacher with the government. I believe this was a big reason that I avoided the Turkish legal system. I still went through various forms of custody for a little over a month, withdrawing from Opioids, Benzodiazepines/Barbiturates.

I know you're all gonna think I'm crazy or telling stories. I'm gonna dig up my paperwork from when I was expelled from the country and post it for you guys. I will tell the whole story if someone pays me enough ;)
I believe you. Yeah, I don't want to get arrested anywhere, especially for drugs. I'm around 60 - 70 since my last dose and all is good, so I'm not going to risk taking anything with me

Btw I don't actually feel the Lemon Balm or Passiflora Incarnata but have hope

I've noticed that people who use a lot of hard drugs have trouble feeling the soft drugs. I'm not familiar with your situation. Notably, not everyone can feel an effect from them at all so there is some possibility that you will never feel it.

Never heard of Sorrel, will look it up. Some kinda Hibiscus but un-findable.

What country are you in?

www.walmart.com/ip/Akshit-Pure-Dried-Hibiscus-Flowers-2-6oz-100-Organic-Hibiscus-Tea-Caffeine-Free/735233881

That doesn't look like valerian. I can't figure out how to post images here, but Google red valerian. It's not native to where I live but it thrives as a weed

Oh, sorry. Wild valerian sounds cool but I don't know enough about Valerian harvesting to give you any advice. You're probably fine...but even as a guy with some experience wild harvesting I'm hesitant to give advice over the internet.

You're probably fine though. Tell you what, if you decide to go for it would you be willing to update us on the results? I wish I could get my hands on some wild valerian.