• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How Do You Deal With Emotions Instead of Using?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I sometimes feel incredibly sad/lonely and just have zero coping mechanisms other than drugs/alcohol.

I've already just took 14 Dihydrocodeine, but...I just need advice on other ways to deal. Trying to avoid having a full-on binge.

In my experience the only things that really worked long term in dealing with triggering emotions were Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Mindfulness.

If you pursue those therapies seriously it becomes second nature to always be conscious that your emotions are caused by thoughts and not only can those thoughts not hurt you, you can change them.

For some fear-based emotions like anxiety, exposure therapy can also be very beneficial. Learning to just sit with the anxiety-provoking thought and examine it dispassionately leads to it eventually losing its power to make you feel anxious or fearful.

It’s trying to fight such feelings and running or trying to hide from them mentally that causes them to seem bigger and more powerful than they are.

I sometimes feel incredibly sad/lonely and just have zero coping mechanisms other than drugs/alcohol.

I've already just took 14 Dihydrocodeine, but...I just need advice on other ways to deal. Trying to avoid having a full-on binge.
Yep, you're probably not gonna like my answer, but......therapy. Therapy is what you need, to learn effective coping mechanisms including mindfulness, to learn to sit with your uncomfortable feelings, to learn how to ride the waves of substance cravings, and to talk about the root causes of why you feel the need to escape your feelings in the first place.

It really is the only way that I know of to deal with life without resorting to drugs and alcohol.

Herbs. There are so many medicinal plants out there (and fungi) other than the ones that coke/opioids come from. Explore!

When was the last time you sat down to a nice hot cup of Peppermint tea? I ask you.

Change up your playlist to inspire something you might be wanting or looking for. Play it while you are being productive. It's like study music but for yourself so the activity is whatever.

Good loud music and do something physically demanding that is also useful, so you finish up physically tired and feeling you accomplished something, even it it's just cleaning the house.
I tried CBT, I still have no clue what it even is, just there is a triangle of connections that are already obvious and if you remind yourself there's a CBT triangle then you can change your thoughts somehow. I had really high hopes when I was offered it on the NHS after waiting ten years, it was a load of crap from a judgemental twat.

Facing emotional pain in small measured exposures.

Also breathing exercises and meditation helps a lot.

Me, I just separate them. Solves the problem.

First I use. Then I deal with emotions!

Maybe a flawed strategy there!

Emotions are very good atm. I am truly witnessing for real, something extraordinary by definition, miraculous would fit, but is innacurate as actual explanation of cause, principle, science, history, reality of it.

Long long fruited. Committed to.

Suddenly, like magic. After all. Fucking hell, it's probably all actually true.

I am referring to the process of Rifing with frequencies to reverse the hack imposed on us, altering dna, imposing mortality on us.

It IS reversible. But only with a very certain way and frequency above all, Rifing.

Age reversal, rapid healing, restored optimum function to every bodily area.

Too soon yet, but I'm not nuts a bit. Never anticipated this. It's happening!

In dozens and dozens of ways.

Time is short though. It's about becoming "organic". No soul here is organic.

It's not just important but vital for organic starus to be reached in time.

My 2016 optic nerve injury, healed mostly, in quick time, last 2 days.

My lifelong bowel constipation Diarrhoea and irritable bowel problems as well as the most severe bridge believe painful case of haemorrhoids running over 2021 and most on bearable recently, all magically healed suddenly.

Lifelong bowel irregulararity, not nicest place.

Suddenly, is like a baby's bottom function wise.

Digestion followed. Death begins in the colon. So does health!

Sinuses. Eyes. By bit by bit.

Skin feels incredible too. All past scars and burns, suddenly uniformly luminous and healing quick. Much more too.

Rifing was suppressed in 1939 by the surrection of "The Cancer Act".

It regenerates. It's more than powerful.

If I expanded more, there's no chance you won't think I'm crackers, if not yet.

I really really am not. Just have open minds here please people.

Look at historical scriptures of lives lived, tales. Change.

Change isn't forever. Extraordinary things are possible.

But only maybe in this full regeneration sense with prolonged Rifing.

Yep, you're probably not gonna like my answer, but......therapy. Therapy is what you need, to learn effective coping mechanisms including mindfulness, to learn to sit with your uncomfortable feelings, to learn how to ride the waves of substance cravings, and to talk about the root causes of why you feel the need to escape your feelings in the first place.

It really is the only way that I know of to deal with life without resorting to drugs and alcohol.
This is sadly the correct answer. Especially some CT techniques could do wonders.
We all need to learn how to cope with our emotions, they can easily throw us out of balance and destroy us psychologically.

We have to learn how to manipulate our own emotions using only our psyche.
That's hard, but it is worth it. Please at least consider therapy.

edit: If you're in the US and it's impossible to get free therapy, you can also use many safe CT techniques on yourself, especially anti-anxiety techs & anti-depression techs, with no danger involved.

getting used to sitting in discomfort rather than immediately reaching for something. often the discomfort doesn't last long.

feel like a massive hypocrite writing that right now though

I confront my emotions through meditation, therapy, and journaling. I'm also about to finish chapter 6 of a book that, in a round about way, addresses my shit. Short answer, I guess writing is a big one for me.

Over the years ive learned to change my habits. For instance, if im listening to angry or depressing musis i usually end angry or depressed. Once i learned to recognize what triggers me into those emotions i am able to change my habits and reverse those emotions.

I know it sounds cliche but gratitude does go a long way. Just focusing on what you have to be thankful for. Becoming aware of what the voice inside of your head is always saying to you...your self talk. A lot of times we are so hard on ourselves. Negative self talk can keep you down. Pay attention to how you entertain your senses. What we smell, the colors we see and the sounds we hear can have a huge impact on depression. Also evaluating the support of those around ya. Especially if we've been into drugs heavy we tend to fill our environment with what will serve our purpose the quickest. Drug dealers and other drug addicts usually dont make the best of friends. I know I wasn't anything to depend on when I was still chasing that dragon.

And then music...music and more music

i get busy physically. the more i have to focus the better off i am. works for most things "slump" for me.
i also bring my ass here if i can... best fuckin therapy i have ever come across in all my oldeness.
or i focus on others (human or otherwise) and try to improve their quality of life.
god i wish i had a pocket full of good shit right now.