• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How do you deal with an Amphetamine comedown?

A fair old mixed bunch of responses. I ended up just taking a load of codeine and subsequently passing out - 240mg if I recall correctly.

I don't recommend this AT ALL, but I used to just keep using nonstop until I had been awake 5 or 6 days straight. I'd finally get to a point where I'd crash as soon as my last dose started to wear off slightly.

Then Id sleep for 2 or 3 days effectively sleeping through coming down.

Like I said, I do not recommend this. The chances of having a psychotic episode increase dramatically the longer you stay up. 5 or 6 days of no sleep is like playing Russian roulette with your mental health.

I only post this to show the potential danger of using stimulants. Some people, like me, will avoid a comedown by continuously dosing until a inevitable crash occurs. People like this should NOT use stims... They are a ticking time bomb.
This is SO me. Unfortunately I'm still in the midst and don't even remember life without Adderall as I've been taking it for 17 years when I was first diagnosed with ADD. It slowly has gotten pretty bad.

A fair old mixed bunch of responses. I ended up just taking a load of codeine and subsequently passing out - 240mg if I recall correctly.
That's the the smart thing. The usual response is more stim . Although this is more true for blowcane

Hey guys,

I was just wondering how you guys deal with a major speed comedown. Basically I went a bit mental yesterday and plowed in about 4 grams of phet and I'm still massively, massively flying my tits off.

What is the best way to kill residual stim? Cannabis? Alcohol? Codeine? Benzos?

There's absolutely 0% chance of sleep any time soon, so what do you guys typically do in this situation?

Cheers,
Jimzip
Benzos like Ativan or Valium or Librium, and or gabapentin if you can get it.

But Valium and libium are probably the best cuz they last a long time and librium will put your ass to sleep at the right dose, and it will also manage your crazy heartbeats your tremors and anxiety.

Quetiapine for sleep, in your case at least 30mg of it.
Doesn't always induce sleep, I can attest to that. Even at doses of 150 mg. They tried to give it to me when I was in alcohol rehab it didn't work. Then they gave me trazodone for sleep that didn't work either, but they had me on zofran too which caused me to have serotonin syndrome because of the trazodone and the Seroquel they actually gave me Seroquel and trazodone at one point to try and get me to sleep. Because this rehab refused to use benzodiazepines, they detoxed you with phenobarbital.

That ended up with me getting serotonin syndrome yay! nice trip to the ER from rehab. Some cyproheptadine (first generation antihistamine that stops serotonin syndrome in its tracks) syrup in a cup and a shot of Ativan, IM in the arm and they said I was good to go.

If you're really trying to go to sleep, I would recommend getting a hold of some Ativan, chemical name lorazepam. Even if you're really stimulated 4 mg should probably put you to sleep and it works on almost everyone unlike antidepressants and antipsychotics. It also has a much longer duration of action than xanax.