• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How do you deal with an Amphetamine comedown?

Jimzip

Bluelighter
Hey guys,

I was just wondering how you guys deal with a major speed comedown. Basically I went a bit mental yesterday and plowed in about 4 grams of phet and I'm still massively, massively flying my tits off.

What is the best way to kill residual stim? Cannabis? Alcohol? Codeine? Benzos?

There's absolutely 0% chance of sleep any time soon, so what do you guys typically do in this situation?

Cheers,
Jimzip

Benzos would help you come down and weed wouldn't hurt. Nix the alcohol and drink water. Also you could try eating something.
Homeless ------- > BDD

Eat food, drink lots of water, rest or at least lie down and relax, take a hot shower, and don't re-dose the drug. Stay safe.

Benzos for sure. I take klonopin everyday along with my Adderall and have no comedown whatsoever. I have never tried street speed though which judging by how you said u did 4 grams of it i would think that is what you are referring to, so i cant for sure say how much of what benzo would best help you.

Yes, benzos. Alcohol kinda works but it's the last choice.

Glad I quit doing that stuff.

Yeah sometimes I find a small dose of the dog that bit you can ease it a bit. Especially if you have a benzo or two alongside.

I've never done this, but I've known people to use seroquel to just knock themselves out. Perhaps research doing that? I dunno, definitely don't do something like thta before looking into all of hte specifics.

My go tos are benzo and cannabis. When I'm using smack that also helps. Try to eat and drink water. Sleep if you can manage it with drugs.

Alcohol always worked for me, but it was usually my last resort when I didn't have any other drugs. Which was quite often actually lol. Also I've noticed the drunk feeling you get when coming down off amp is different then usual

I disagree with alcohol to help, ime that makes things worse. A big glass of milk helps me a little bit, but isnt going to cure it.

Benzos, (valium specifically), would probably help the most.

I don't recommend this AT ALL, but I used to just keep using nonstop until I had been awake 5 or 6 days straight. I'd finally get to a point where I'd crash as soon as my last dose started to wear off slightly.

Then Id sleep for 2 or 3 days effectively sleeping through coming down.

Like I said, I do not recommend this. The chances of having a psychotic episode increase dramatically the longer you stay up. 5 or 6 days of no sleep is like playing Russian roulette with your mental health.

I only post this to show the potential danger of using stimulants. Some people, like me, will avoid a comedown by continuously dosing until a inevitable crash occurs. People like this should NOT use stims... They are a ticking time bomb.

I don't recommend this AT ALL, but I used to just keep using nonstop until I had been awake 5 or 6 days straight. I'd finally get to a point where I'd crash as soon as my last dose started to wear off slightly.

Then Id sleep for 2 or 3 days effectively sleeping through coming down.

Like I said, I do not recommend this. The chances of having a psychotic episode increase dramatically the longer you stay up. 5 or 6 days of no sleep is like playing Russian roulette with your mental health.

I only post this to show the potential danger of using stimulants. Some people, like me, will avoid a comedown by continuously dosing until a inevitable crash occurs. People like this should NOT use stims... They are a ticking time bomb.
When u stay up longer than 3 days and keep using stims, you get brain damage. Each consecutive day will damage your brain more and more. Don't do this!

@fasteddie

I have been on either, Adderall Instant Release + Dexedrine Spansule ER 15mg, since January of 1997 until the present. In the past 7
years, due to my insurance, and product lack of availability, I have switched to generic Adderall I/R mfg Barr 10mg x 3, then, at the
beginning of year 2014, have switched to generic 10mg of Dextrostat, which is dextroamphetamine sulfate, 10mg instant release mfg
Mallinckrodt x 10 mg twice a day.
For the comedown, or crash, I have been taking the Z drug, Ambien 10mg since Jan 1 of 2000, however, due to tolerance, I often, have
to take two (10)mg one at bedtime, and one, about 5 AM, two full hours before my wakeup time. This has in the long run not been
sustainable for a full nights of rest, thus, I will abstain from Ambien/Stillnox (Zolpidem) from time to time, due to tolerance, and, I have
tried the benzo route since the year 2011, for two years, take one mg of generic Klonopin/Rivotril, until 2013, when, my Psychiatrist,
would not up the dose, rather decreased the dose, to .5 mg per evening of Clonazepam, mfg Actavis, which at that level was worthless,
to aid in my stimulant crash.

@mastermind2

to add to my post #16 today, since 1997, my Psychiatrist, has also prescribed me from Jan 2000 to Jan of 2009, Trazodone 150mg
Divid a dose, generic by Pliva Pharma, a consistently popular anti depressant, in the USA, MD's like to prescribe because it is not a
controlled substance. yes, it put me to sleep for 7 to 9 hours, dose dependant, but I hated the next day hangovers, + it eventually
aggravated my DX of Periodontal Disease, a gum disease, that has required, two surgeries, in the past 20 years, to save all of my
natural teeth. Trazodone drys out the mouth, and taken over the years, my Perio dental surgeons, do not like this medicine for their
patients.
I switched to Pfizer Halcion, for three years, and, due to tolerance, it worked as a miracle drug at first for insomnia, but, by the
3rd year, my tolerance of 2 x 0.25mg of Triazolam built up to 8 tabs, taken 4 x 0.25 mg at bedtime, and a redose, when I would wake
up exactly 4 hours later, for a 2nd dose of 4 x 0.25mg of triazolam. I tapered down slowly, and, gave up on the expensive Pfizer
Halcion, a very rarely dispensed hypnotic in the USA. (and expensive, even, the one generic version).

In the year 2014, I obtained, by a face to face M.D while on vacation in Puerto Vallarta Mexico, 90 x 10mg of Roche Valium, and that
worked great, for perhaps 4 to 6 weeks, but I only get a 2 week vacation once per year. I also tried, a face to face MD in 2015, one
year later, for 60 x 10mg of generic Roche Valium, from a 2 week vacation in St. Maartin, Dutch West Indies,
but, that is only a temporary fix, as, I live in the USA, and, my Psychiatrist, and, most MD's in the USA, are
very anti benzo, for more than 4 to 6 weeks of use.

I have resorted to Cannabis, which, works great for me this year, but it is extremely a HTF drug, in the SE
USA. It is legal statewise in 23 states, but no state, within 600 miles + offers medical MJ from where I live.
It is extremely difficult to obtain quality cannabis, in the SE USA, in my social circles, thus, I only get it
like once per year, like one or two ounces per year !!! It is great IMHO for the stimulant comedown.

I have recently resorted to 15% alcohol, in the form of pricey red wine, and, I am not sure it helps me
very much. I use it when I have no Cannabis, or am taking a break from legally prescribed Zolpidem
(Ambien/Stillnox)

Last edited:
I will pop an oxy, eat a nice meal (shrimp fried rice always does it for me), set the a/c on polar blast, get under a blanket and binge watch a previously viewed TV series. Season 1 of True Detective gets better every time I see it. I haven't made it all the way thru once. Relaxation is like war...takes skill and planning.