• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How do UK hospitals treat opioid withdrawal?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I don't mean like a referral to a methadone clinic/treatment center, that kind of help. I mean like if you went to A&E with acute opioid withdrawal.

I'm gonna assume that they very very definitely do NOT give you methadone or buprenorphine.
I can't see them giving you any form of opioid? Like, not even something like Codeine at rx doses (60mg) or anything?

Would they at least give you supportive meds for the symptoms? Imodium, anti-emetics, beta blockers, anti-pyretics etc?

Last time I went to the hospital was for something else, but I mentioned to them I was also in opioid withdrawal. So they checked me in under "opioid protocol".

They didn't give me anything. All they did once they knew I was in withdrawal is they forcefully took all of my possessions. I was essentially strip searched by the cop on premesis. Then they posted a fucking security guard at my door, I suppose so I didn't go around trying to steal drugs or drug seek.

Their disposition towards me completely changed and everyone was an asshole to me.

Eventually they did give me some Ativan, because I was literally having a panic attack and told them I wanted to leave.

This was in the US, though. I would assume it's not as draconian over there.

I hate how these fucks have restricted all these CII drugs….

for a 3 life times supply of Diamorphine, Desoxyn, Desbutal, Dexamyl, Dexedrine, Ritalin, Phenmetrazine, Valium, Xanax, Ativan, Dilaudid, Oxycodone, Methadone, Cocaine……I’d probably put a 230 grain Hydra Shok hollow point through someone’s…..if I knew forensically it couldn’t be traced back to……

I was in Trillium hospital and the tight Jew f@ckn wouldn’t give me a Perc / TEC 5mg. I called a family member in front of the nurse and other orderly personnel and spoke so they could hear, “go into my fireproof safe and take out 2 Xanax bars, 200mg of Methadone, 30mg of Dextro-Amphetamine Sulphate, and 20mg of Valium and meet me at the west entrance of Trillium….ok?……ok. What’s your ETA? 20min…..ok…..thanks…..peace.”

they all sat silently listening to me, and were like…..WTF?

those tight f@cks …..felt so good. I built up my own fully stocked pharmacy. Which fluctuates from time to time. 70% of everything I have is all legally scripted.

I see these APO-Tek Diazepam 10mg - 1,000 tablet bottles, like 7 of them on the counter and something inside my head just goes somewhere …incredible value to me. All personal use. Dexedrine Spansule 15mg XR capsules & Dexedrine 5mg IR tablets ……Dilaudid 8mg & Hydromorph-Contin 30mg…..Methadone 25mg tablets - 100 tablet sealed bottles …..Diazepam 10mg - 1,000 tablets bottles ……Ritalin 20mg tablets …..Alprazolam 2mg bars ….Ketamine HCL powder, Cocaine, LSD, Cannabis…….Ethanol Gin, Cigarettes & premium espresso, dark 70% chocolate……all drugs to me lol

Last edited: