• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How do pods compare to thebaine?

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
Always been so curious about the pods--literally the poppy plant pods that grow out of the earth. The effects are probably similar to oxy/percocet and friends but have more layers? Obvi the legality of it is questionable to pluck some chilling around but it also can't be good to just constantly be cracked up on thebaine pill derivatives over something that literally naturally grows just fine out of the ground. I'm definitely planning to try some but do ppl recommend crushing them up and throwing it into tea or can someone point me to a process that involves eating them (from the initial natural pod stage)? The potency is kind of concerning though. I'm not down to die from a dank pod that is super high in alkaloids randomly I mean how can you gauge the effects per dose really? This is definitely on my shit list lol.

Just remember the strength can vary quite a bit per pod or especially if picked from different areas

You can grind them to a fine powder using a Coffee grinder , ingesting this powder is just as strong as making tea also the effects last a lot longer (2 to 2.5 times) , if you have fresh pods you can throw them in the blender with some fruit juice and make a smoothie. Fresh pods are stronger than dried pods .

I highly recommend grinding all your pods down and measuring out the powder to avoid spikes in potency.

Last edited:
Hands down the best way to prepare pod tea from dried pods is through a stovetop espresso maker:

Two passes through one of these espresso makers extracts virtually all the alkaloids. The pressurized steam is very efficient, and the resulting beverage is stronger and harder hitting than any other liquid extract. It is also far less time consuming than brewing tea. Sort of a waste of pod material to prepare tea any other way.

I sort of discovered the process just out of curiosity, which seemed questionable to alot of poppy users that I told when I first came up it. This is due to the long-standing misconception that heat of this type will destroy the alkaloids. It doesn't, at least not for short periods of times. I wouldn't say I invented the technique since I'm sure I'm not the first to try it, but I had never heard of it before when i started doing it. Once I used an espresso maker I never went back to other methods, and I used to be a daily pod user.

I can confirm the espresso maker is the best way. Also grinding the dried pods down to powder and eating it works about as well and seems to last longer, but not hit as fast.

Pods are super addictive... the high is really good.

And yes, you should always grind your entire amount down into powder and mix it all together really well, that will make every dose the same potency.

They last much longer and have a much fuller, more natural feeling compared to pharmaceutical opiates. I actually find them less addictive in the sense that the high is more satisfying vs heroin or pills which always made me want to redose soon. There is also a bit of a psychedelic or entheogenic vibe to them, since they are a natural plant medicine.

However, on the negative side I also found the high to be somewhat dirty feeling and coming along with unpleasant side effects sometimes like stomach upset. When I had the opportunity to try Indian opium, I found it much cleaner and superior feeling to the dried pods.

Pods are super addictive... the high is really good.

Yeah, the insane addictiveness of poppies became especially apparent to me when I gave my girlfriend a .5g chunk of raw, unrefined opium latex from some of the poppies I grew.

I have given her various opioids like tianeptine, O-desmethyltramadol, hydrocodone and kratom in the past for her menstrual cramps, and she never seemed to be in love with the effects. Never asked me for more or showed any interest.

So when she was having really bad menstrual cramps not too long ago, I thought hmmmm maybe I should give her some opium. I gave around .5g in a capsule. As soon she swallowed it I thought, "oh shit...that was probably too much", especially considering that she is a small person. For a split second the thought crossed my mind, "maybe I should tell her to throw it up", but then I figured that if push comes to shove I have naloxone. The opium I grew was indoor grown and pumped full of nutrients and l-tyrosine, so it was way stronger than the opium you get from an outdoor plant.

So i go back to the bedroom to check on her an hour later and she looks fucked up, high as hell, scratching her face, eyes half open, and I ask her, "how are you doing, was it too strong, did I give you too much?", and she says in a raspy voice, "no, i think it was the right amount". I started cracking up 🤣

But she was high for a good 36 hours, she even threw up at one point, yet unlike any other opioid I've given her, she seemed to really enjoy the effect. I told her at one point, "so now you understand why I'm growing these things 🤣" -- because she had been annoyed about the huge effort I was going through to grow these plants, indoors no less, in my office, the garage and even in the shower of the guest bathroom.

It was the only drug she ever asked for more of, but of course that was the last time. That just shows the intense addictiveness of that plant, as it was able to lure in someone like my girlfriend, a person with no history of drug abuse and had never found other opioids enjoyable.