• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides How do LSD prodrugs have a different affinity than LSD?

methoxetaman

Bluelighter
So I’m reading this study about ALD-52, 1P-LSD and 1B and stuff.

it says that they have different affinities for the 5HT2 receptors or whatever than LSD.

my understanding was that prodrug of LSD means turns into LSD upon metabolism, and I would have thought that once it’s LSD it would then have the exact same affinity for the receptors as LSD... since it’s then regular old LSD once metabolized

this study is making me realize my understanding must be wrong.

does anyone have any knowledge on the subject?

how do LSD prodrugs have a different affinity than LSD??

This is an in Vitro study so it does not measure how these molecules act once they are in the body.

Note that they are measuring the affinity in HEK cells (Human Embryonic Kidney), not in the body itself. Therefore this study does not take into account what chemical changes the body does to any of the molecules nor the resulting affinity of that changed molecule. As far as I have read, it is still believed that the pro drugs are converted to LSD itself once they enter the body.

This more or less confirms what Dr Nichols stated in his lectures, etc.

Last edited:
ALD felt distinctively different as the other ones. I have no backup to explain this but it was head above 1p or 1cp-LSD.

Al-LAD was different to but that is more expected.

Trip hundreds or thousands of times and the subtle differences become clearer, at least to me.
The each displayed right how they are to me each, every time.

We have senses we use SO SO little of as a race lol.

How true is that though?

Just to save me the time of researching each one individually myself and working it out….could someone make a list of the commonly available LSD analogues/pro-drugs that can be put on blotters.

Also a comment on duration, intensity and any clear risk on each one would be handy.

Thank you.

To me- 1plsd, 1cP-LSD, LSD 25, ALD 52, AL-LAD, ETH-LAD, 1VLSD, as far as basic worthwhile lysergamides go.

Leaving 1B out.

I have lots details on that, or percetions.

Maybe to go into. Very very tripping tonight.

If the prodrug feel so different from lsd, I would think that it breaks down into other drugs as well as lsd

Heroin may be a pro drug of morphine, but it also is metabolized into 6- mono acetyl morphine

Lol. I'm half cleaning up my messes posted in delirium last night all forgotten.

No skid rows lol but still. Time to get my head straight. It's gonna take a while.

My advise is to let it ride. You posted what you posted. Nothing crazy.
It's all just truth.

But my head isn't right, my coping mechanisms are to pass difficult time, remove my attention from where it is.

Makes me post too much stuff I never would in my right mind.

I'm trying to get into my right mind here, ironically, when atm I've literally gotten out of my mind. I never get out of my mind.

Even the recent OD experience I had my mind firmly about me. That was physical and stress related.

I do get myself into some scrapes lol.